4th April 2015, 04:07 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study M.Sc in Economics for B.A.(Economics) student?

Respected Sir,
After completing my B.A.(Economics)
I would like to join in M.Sc in Economics.
Am I eligible for this course?
Please reply I am waiting.

10th April 2015, 09:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study M.Sc in Economics for B.A.(Economics) student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
After completing my B.A.(Economics)
I would like to join in M.Sc in Economics.
Am I eligible for this course?
Please reply I am waiting.
Yes, you are eligible to study M.Sc in Economics because you have completed B.A in Economics.

Eligibility criteria for MA in Economics:-

1)Those candidates who have completed B.A in Economics from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for M.A in Economics admission.

2)Your age should be above 18 years.
11th April 2015, 03:34 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for M.Sc in Economics course, but not all Colleges do offer this course, but only a few of them.

However, below I have mentioned the names as well the details required.

Kindly have a look at it.

Eligibility for M.Sc in Economics:

Reputed institutes like Central University of Tamil Nadu, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) and Indian Institute of Technology- IIT Kharagpur offer M.Sc degree in Economics.

Eligibility requirements and admission procedure often differs with college.

Degree holders in subjects like Physics, Mathematics and Economics as well as engineering graduates can seek admission to the course.

Central University of Tamil Nadu considers candidate’s performance in central university common entrance test for admission where as IGIDR carries out own written test and interview for selection process.

Eligibility and Admission Procedure;

Central University of Tamil Nadu: It offers a 5 year integrated course of M.Sc (Economics) with an intake capacity of 30.

Those who have completed HSC course from any of the recognized board with 60% marks are eligible to apply.

OBC candidate needs to have a minimum of 55% marks where as SC/ST candidate needs to have at least 50% marks to become eligible.

Such candidates must have completed the course with Mathematics or Economics as subjects.

Admission to the course is done on the basis of Central Universities Common Entrance Test.

Symbiosis School of Economics: It insists graduation with a minimum of 50% marks as the basic eligibility.

Graduation must be obtained from any of the recognized University with exposure to subjects like Economics, Mathematics, Statistics and Physics.

Final year students addressing the specific qualification can also apply.

Selection of eligible candidates is done after evaluating their performance in qualifying examination, group discussion and personal interview.

Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR): It carries out admission on the basis of written exam and interview.

Graduates in subjects like Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or Commerce are eligible to apply.

Engineering degree holders can also participate in the selection process.

First class marks are required for all qualifying programs except bachelor degree in economics.

For bachelor degree in economics, a second class marks is enough to apply.
28th July 2020, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Now I'm completed BA ECONOMICS .Is I'm eligible for MSc.Statistics
16th September 2020, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

sir i complete b. a this subject
persion
education
punjabi
English
Pak studaIslamiyat
Can i do M. s.c ecjomics????
8th May 2021, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

I am ba graduate in economics and i want to persue msc in economics not ma in economics Am i eligible for msc economics also want msc economics collleges list
10th May 2023, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

i'm a b.a economics student am' i eligible for msc economics?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?