16th January 2016, 08:49 AM
Unregistered

What is the age limit followed for enrolling kids to LKG in CBSE school?

DOB of my son is 20/11/2012. Can I put him in LKG in CBSE school in the present academic year? I am confused? Please guide me. Just let me know the minimum criteria which is followed for the admission. Awaiting for the answer soon.

Thanks!

16th January 2016, 11:32 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit followed for enrolling kids to LKG in CBSE school?

Minimum age of candidate in order to get admission in LKG in CBSE school is 3 years 6 months on 31st December of the year of admission.

Yes, you can admit him in LKG at this age.
16th January 2016, 12:25 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit followed for enrolling kids to LKG in CBSE school?

The minimum age required to enroll your child in Lkg in CBSE board is 3 and half years of age. Any candidate below the age mentioned above will not be provided admission.

Therefore, in your case your child will be eligible for admission after the month of May, 2016.
16th January 2016, 07:14 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
DOB of my son is 20/11/2012. Can I put him in LKG in CBSE school in the present academic year? I am confused? Please guide me. Just let me know the minimum criteria which is followed for the admission. Awaiting for the answer soon.

Thanks!
Yes, it is possible to send your children to the pre-school for LKG admission at the age of 2 years to 2½ year. Since, your son has already reached the age 2.5 years, you can send your son to pre-school for LKG admission without further delay. Please, refer the attachment below for more Information.
Attached Files
File Type: doc PRE-PRIMARY AND PRE SCHOOL EDUCATION.doc(198.5 KB, 151 views)
16th January 2016, 09:51 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

To avail admission for LKG in CBSE school, the candidate must have attain a minimum of 3 years 6 months while that of maximum age is 4 years 6 months.

The candidates age is age is concerned as on 31st March of the year of admission.
16th January 2016, 09:54 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age required for a child to get admission in LKG in CBSE school is 4 years. As per CBSE Board, the child must have attained the minimum age of 5 years 6 months to be eligible to get admission in first standard. So, the child who have attained the minimum age of 3 years 6 months can get admission in LKG in CBSE school. Since, your son is 3 years 2 months old, you need to wait four more months for joining him in LKG in CBSE school.
17th January 2016, 12:24 PM
HELP@U

Yes your son is eligible for getting admission in LKG,
The minimum age required to get admission in LKG in CBSE board should be minimum three years and six month old.
17th January 2016, 07:29 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

The actual and right age for admission in LKG is 3.5 years. But as per your information your son will be eligible after the month of june. You can try for his admission after may month.
30th March 2018, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

My daughter DoB is 1/9/2015 she is eligible for nursery and she didn't get any problem to joining 1st standard please answer me very soon
4th May 2018, 08:35 PM
prasannanm

My son DOB is 11-Mar-2014. At age 3 years 3 month I put him LKG in Matriculation school. while he completing LKG at 4 years 3 month the school is convert to CBSE school. I raised this age limit question to school management. while he going 10th standard any minimum age limit issues will arise .they confirmed no issues in age limit for the kid. I am confused? Please guide me. Just let me know the minimum criteria is followed for 10th exam in CBSE school. Awaiting for the answer soon.
26th February 2019, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

My son is 27/4/2016. Is there anyway to put him LKG in CBSE school in the present academic year? I am confused? Please guide me.
19th June 2019, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

My son is 5years 6months but he not attend lkg classes regularly may I rejoin in lkg
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?