19th January 2016, 06:39 AM
Unregistered

Whether NIOS has equal recognization as CBSE or not?

I have completed my high school from a cbse board affiliated school with 9.6 cgpa. But because of some health issues i was unable to give my class 11th exams. Now i am planning to continue my 12th with NIOS. Does it has the equal recognition as CBSE?

19th January 2016, 01:22 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether NIOS has equal recognization as CBSE or not?

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is a recognized board and has same value as that of CBSE board.

There are only few universities which do not approved this board.
So, you need not worry about its recognition beacuse it is recognized by most of the universities.
19th January 2016, 02:39 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, NIOS has equal recognition as CBSE.
NIOS board is recognised by HRD Ministry of Indian government. The only difference is that CBSE provide regular schooling while NIOS provide distance schooling.
Certificate from NIOS has same value as that of certificate from CBSE board.
19th January 2016, 02:51 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

* Yes NIOS has equal recognization as CBSE.

* Certificate of The Sr.Secondary obtained form NIOS have the same recognition as certificates issued by other Boards like CBSE.

* NIOS (National Institute Of Open University) is a part of central university.
19th January 2016, 08:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

NIOS is accepted by most of the UGC recognised universities in India without any problem. It is a recognized way of completing the school education and most of the entrance exam don't have any kind of restriction for open school passouts.

Therefore, just be prepared for the entrance exam if you are looking for admission in any degree course. Most of them have entrance exam and some even give admission on merit.
19th January 2016, 11:04 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

As NIOS stands for National institute of open schooling, which offers various general and academic courses at secondary and senior secondary level.

The certificates offered by NIOS are valid and recognized and its certificates are equivalent when compared with the other national and state education boards.

The candidates who have obtained certificates from NIOS are eligible to apply for various national and state level competitive examinations.
20th January 2016, 12:02 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, the recognition is equal in case of NIOS as compared to CBSE board, there is no problem in it. You can go for higher studies and for various private and government sector jobs.

Therefore, you need not worry and can continue with your studies but do try to score high in your examination and I am sure you will become successful in life.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?