9th November 2015, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

Duration of MCA course after BCA? Difference between lateral entry and continue entry in MCA?

Hello sir I'm doing BCA and how could I get entry into MCA. How many years I have to study 2 or 3 years?. Please give some information about this..What is difference between lateral entry and continues entry MCA?

Related Questions:
  1. DIT, Dehradun or Graphic Era University, which is best for MCA in respect of placement? What is the difference between MCA and MCA lateral entry?
  2. Is there lateral entry for MCA in coming years? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Difference between 3 years MCA and Lateral Entry MCA? Any disadvantage of studying in Lateral Entry MCA compared to 3 years MCA?
  4. What is the differnece between MCA 3rd year course and lateral entry in 2nd year in MCA?
  5. Am I eligible for lateral entry in 3rd semester of MCA regular?
  6. Am I eligible to study for MCA lateral entry after doing BCA in Tamilnadu Open University?
  7. Am I eligible to study for MCA lateral entry for Anna University? I have done BCA lateral entry in tamilnadu open university
  8. Am I eligible to do MCA in lateral entry after completing BSc IT? Colleges or universities providing MCA lateral entry? Details about their placements?
  9. Which are the colleges providing lateral entry in MCA from BCA holder? What is the syllabus?
  10. How to apply for MCA lateral entry after doing MCA? I am a graduate in BSc computer science
  11. Details for difference between BCA and BCA lateral entry?
  12. How to take MCA as part time after completing BCA? Which are the universities offering lateral entry scheme
  13. Can I take admission for MCA after completing BCA in Bharatheiyar University in Lateral Entry Mode
  14. Eligibility for MCA lateral entry in SRM University after B.Sc and fee details for the same?
  15. Admission in Later Entry MCA through PTU
  16. Difference between Lateral Entry and 3 years MCA course?
  17. Am I eligible for MCA lateral entry after passing BSc with 49%?
  18. Admission in MCA by Lateral Entry after 65% in B.Sc(IT)?
15th November 2015, 08:42 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Duration of MCA course after BCA? Difference between lateral entry and continue entry in MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir I'm doing BCA and how could I get entry into MCA. How many years I have to study 2 or 3 years?. Please give some information about this..What is difference between lateral entry and continues entry MCA?
MCA stands for Masters in Computer Application. The duration of the course is three years. Yes you are eligible to apply for MCA after completing BCA.

Eligibility Criteria:-

You need to complete graduation with minimum 60% of marks. It is important to have mathematics at 10+2 level. While some colleges offers direct admission but the top ones prefers to conduct their own entrance exams. To get a good college which offers sound placement, it is recommended to give these entrance exam.

MCA Entrance exam:-
  • BIT MCA
  • IPU CET MCA
  • JNU MCA
  • NIMCET
  • Pune University MCA
Top Institutes:
  • Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS)
  • Delhi University
  • Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
  • Jawaharlal Nehru University
  • MN National Institute of Technology (NIT)-Allahabad
  • Vellore Institute Of Technology
  • Punjab University
  • Madurai Kamaraj University
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?