28th February 2016, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

Which course I can take up next to become a software engineer? Medical or Non-Medical?

Which course I can take up next to become a software engineer? Medical or Non-Medical? Which will suit better? and which will have more options? Can someone please provide me the information on the same? Awaiting for the answer.

28th February 2016, 10:41 AM
kachhadiyaramesh

Default Re: Which course I can take up next to become a software engineer? Medical or Non-Medical?

Software Engineering is the non-medical field. After the 10th class , You should choose science stream with maths subject. Aftet completion of your (10+2) with maths subject , You can choose any one course as your graduation from following courses.

Courses For Software Engineer
- B.Sc In Computer Science
- BCA
- B.E.(Computer Science)

Eligibility
You must have passed (10+2) with Physics , Chemistry & Maths from a recognized board.

M.Tech Specialization of Computer Science
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Information Security
- Software Engineering
- Distributed Computing
- Image Processing

Career Prospects
After completion of your bachelor's degree in computer science , you may have career opportunities in the field such as IT sectors , Database Management , Telecommunication , Multimedia , Web Designing , Networking etc.

Top Recruiters
- TCS
- Wipro
- Infosys
- Tech Mahindra
- Cisco
- Oracle
- HCL
- Mahindra Satyam
- Congizant
28th February 2016, 10:58 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course I can take up next to become a software engineer? Medical or Non-Medical?

To become software engineer a candidate must have done 11th and 12th from non medical stream with Physics ,Chemistry and Mathematics as the main subjects with an aggregate of 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories from recognised board.
28th February 2016, 11:02 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to become Software Engineer then you have to complete your 12th with physics, Chemistry ,Mathematics and English as the subjects with minimum 50% marks. You have to appear in the Joint Entrance Exam after completion of your 12th standard from non medical stream.
28th February 2016, 11:25 AM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Which course I can take up next to become a software engineer? Medical or Non-Medical?

In order to become a software engineer you should take up non medical course which is related to mathematics,physics and chemistry in 12th class as the subject of study actually medicine is related to the MBBS course of study and if you take that medicine course you can go and join as the doctor.

After completion of the 12th class of study you should take up bachelor of technology course of study and this is a 4 years bachelors of engineering and in that as you wish to pursue software engineering course you can take up Computer science engineering or the Information Technology course of study in order to become a software engineer

This B.Tech is the 4 years and 8 semesters course of study and during this course you will be undergone different courses related to software such as
  1. Java
  2. C
  3. C++
  4. Database
  5. SQL
These are some of the different courses which are related to software which you will be learning during the B.Tech course
28th February 2016, 11:35 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

To become Software Engineer you should go for " Non Medical Courses ". Best course to become Software Engineer is " B.Tech with Computer Science or Information Technology ". And also you can take general graduation course but then you need to have Masters like MCA .

Thus you will have various ways to become a software engineer.
28th February 2016, 12:28 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which course I can take up next to become a software engineer? Medical or Non-Medical? Which will suit better? and which will have more options? Can someone please provide me the information on the same? Awaiting for the answer.
If you are interested in joining as a software engineer then there is no need for you to take a medical course. You should have studied +2 with computer science as subject. After that you can choose on doing computer science related course such as in Arts or in Engineering.

If you are interested in taking arts course then you can either opt B.sc Computer science or do BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application). Both of these courses are under graduate course and the duration of the course is 3 years consisting of 6 semesters. After completion of this course then there are many opportunities of joining in software companies.

In the case of joining in an engineering course then you can do B.E in Computer science/ IT, you can even do B.tech in computer science. By doing any of these courses you can either opt for doing Master's after them or join in a software company.
28th February 2016, 01:41 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Medical and Non Medical is not a main concern to become a software engineer. Software is basically related with Computer science because to become a software Engineer, You should have good understanding of OS languages like JAVA,MICRROSOFT, LINUX etc and these subjects comes under computer science branch or under MCA course.

So to get admission in computer science course or in MCA you will have to go for science streams with Math as an optional subject.
So it comes under Non Medical, Hope your confusion will be quit clear now.

Once you complete you MCA or B.tech in computer science course then then you can easily get a good job in software companies like, TCS, INFOSYS, WIPRO, ACCENTURE, ORACAL, VELOCITY, Tech-Mahindra, Blue Chip etc......

So the main thing is your programming skills, At the time of interview you will asked to write a program directly in front of them, and hence your concepts should be very clear in the core domain of software.

There are so many career option for a software engineer, Some of the work domain for software engineer are as below:

Software developer, Application Developer, Data base maintainer, SQL server maintainer, Application engineer, etc.....
28th February 2016, 03:37 PM
Knowledge World

You should choose Non-Medical stream beacuse after +2 from non-medical you can give various entrance exams for Engineer Colleges like AIEEE(All India Engineering Entrance Exam) and JEE(Joint Entrance Exam). For all these exam Mathematics subject is compulsory and without Maths you can not become a software engineer.
You Can do B.tech and M.tech after +2 from Non-Medical.
28th February 2016, 11:31 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Non-medical streams will lead to become Software Engineer in future.

So, you must neglect Medical stream if you wish to become that which you want to be.

In Non-medical stream, you must choose PCM stream so that you could appear for engineering entrance exams like:
  • JEE Main
  • JEE Advanced
  • BITSAT
  • UPSEE
  • COMEDK
  • KITEE
  • MHCET
  • VITEE
  • SRMEE, etc.

After qualifying anyone of the above entrance exams, you can choose Computer Science or Software Engineering as your preferred branch.

And, at the end of your academic session you could be recruited as a Software engineer by an IT company on the basis of your skills and representation.
3rd March 2016, 12:28 PM
PriyaSaxena1

Engineering is a non medical career and only PCM stream students can pursue this course.To become a software engineer you can pursue B.tech in CSE from any of the reputed engineering college. The best colleges to pursue this course are IIT, NIT, BITS, DU, UPES Dehradun, UTM Shillong to name a few. These have good infrastructure and provide quality education and placements as well. You can look for eligibility & Admission criteria by visiting their websites.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?