29th September 2015, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

What procedure must I follow to be a software engineer after passing 10th?

Hi,

I have passed my 10th icse examination getting 73%. And i want to be a software engineer. Will it be possible for me being a software engineer with 73%? And also i am going to study my 11th in my village so, will it be a reasonfor me to get low salary in future if i become a software engineer?

30th September 2015, 09:47 PM
rituja mukherjee

Default Re: What procedure must I follow to be a software engineer after passing 10th?

Hello,

You have mentioned that you are studying class 11 in your village. Studying in a school located in a village is not a big deal, cause the text books followed by students are almost the same. If you acquire proper in depth knowledge on your subjects then getting a job wont be a huge factor. You have expressed your desire to become a software engineer. In order to achieve that, you have to take up science stream in Class 11 and 12. You have to work with full dedication and honesty to score better marks in class 12. Apart from it also make sure that you emphasize on your communication skills as it would be very important for clearing interviews. If you have good percentage of marks in Class 12, you would be able to pursue BCA in a good college.
30th September 2015, 09:55 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What procedure must I follow to be a software engineer after passing 10th?

Procedure to become a software engineer :-

- Programming should be your forte in order to become a good software engineer.
- Opt for science stream in 11th and 12th with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry along with Computer Science as subjects.
- Appear in the engineering entrance exams after 12th and get admission in an engineering college. The better ranking college the better will be your profile.
- Opt for Computer Science or Information Technology branch of engineering. Software companies also recruit from other branches but it will be easier for you to work in future if you have computer science background.
- Prepare aptitude along with your domain.
- Appear in the recruitment drives of various companies both on-campus and off-campus and clear the selection rounds of the recruitment process to get a job role of software engineer.
1st October 2015, 12:43 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I have passed my 10th icse examination getting 73%. And i want to be a software engineer. Will it be possible for me being a software engineer with 73%? And also i am going to study my 11th in my village so, will it be a reasonfor me to get low salary in future if i become a software engineer?
It is good to see your vision in joining in a software company. There is no restriction on salary, based on where you come from, it is only based on what knowledge you have within you. There are many software companies in India either small scale or big MNC's. In either of the choices you want to get in, you should do a science stream or commerce stream with computer science as subject in order to be eligible.

You can either opt science with computer science or commerce with computer science in your respected 11th and finish your +2 so that you will be able to do courses such as B.E/B.tech in Computer science or IT and B.sc in Computer science or BCA to be eligible for applying in software companies.

There will be campus interview's held in your college where many companies come to your campus and recruit's candidates or else you can go in for Off campus where you can directly apply for the company which you wish and attend the interview in the company.
1st October 2015, 12:49 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes why not you have good percentage of marks in your SSC. And there is No restriction on your percentage of marks. One more thing you will study 11th in your village that is also fully acceptable. So you just think off the further studies like graduation.

Since with out graduation you will not have opportunity to get a software job. And most of the cases you must fulfill the eligibility criteria of individual company criteria.
1st October 2015, 10:52 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

It is good , your aim is to become software Engineer.
They are in more demand in India as well as in other countries.
Companies are offering very good salary package to software Engineer.

You have to very much focus about your aim.
You have to pass the 11 and 12 with non medical stream. Then after that you have appear in Engineering Test.
1st October 2015, 01:03 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

First of all you have to complete your 11th and 12th study. After that you have to apply for B.Tech or B.E. course in Computer or Information Technology.
JEE Main and JEE Advanced are the top entrance exams for admission in B.E. or B.Tech courses in top colleges in India.
After completing the B.E. / B.Tech course you have to apply for job in some good company for the post of software engineer.
In starting you will get less salary but your salary will increases on the basis of your work and experience.
If you do your 11th study from your village, it is fine. It will not affect your salary in the future.
26th November 2015, 02:10 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

To become software engineer, you have to choose PCM in 11th and 12th. (PCM stands for Physics, Chemistry & Maths).

After completing 12th, choose computer science engineering branch in institute. It is four year course in which you will read theoretical and practical aspects of computer science. After completing B.Tech, you can go for placement or do M.Tech/M.S.

To get admission in a good institute, you have to clear entrance exams like IIT JEE, BITSAT, VITEEE etc.These exams are for admission in IIT/NIT/BITS/VIT.
26th November 2016, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

I am very good at computer science field but don't know what to do to become a software engineer plz help me iam still in class 9 at a convent school
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?