17th March 2016, 06:53 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to join any institute for JEE preparation after 11th?

Hello friends!

I am in urgent need of help.

I am in 11th standard right now and i want to prepare for jee examination. I want to know that should i go to a coaching institute for that or i can prepare on my own? Please reply.

17th March 2016, 11:18 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it necessary to join any institute for JEE preparation after 11th?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.
Central Board of Secondary Education conducts JEE examination once in a year for admission in IIT, NIT and other engineering colleges.
CBSE conducts JEE Mains and JEE Advance for admission in these colleges.
Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) provides admission only on the basis of JEE Advance score and to appear in JEE Advance, students need to qualify JEE Mains.
Syllabus of JEE Mains is equivalent to the syllabus of higher secondary but JEE Advance is a bit more tougher than JEE Mains.
To prepare for JEE, students need to study more and more as students can do and guidance of teachers is necessary to succeed as with self study only students can access to limit source of knowledge and also takes more time to understand a particular topic.
Teachers not only help you to make yo understand a topic more easily but also they teach you how to study smarter to get success in competitive examinations.
So, if possible you should join any coaching institute at same time you need to focus more on self study to qualify JEE.
17th March 2016, 12:49 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it necessary to join any institute for JEE preparation after 11th?

It depends upon your own will, if you feel that you can prepare on your own then you should very much start preparing at the earliest as many students do prepare on their own and do score will in their entrance exams. However, if you feel that you are weak enough and need to join any coaching Institute, you can very much go for it too.
17th March 2016, 12:53 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not at all necessary, you can very much prepare on your own and get good marks in entrance examination. You will have to however study really hard in order to do well in your entrance exam. However if you need the requirement then you can also join any coaching Institution in future.
17th March 2016, 02:35 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Actually it depends upon you how much you are determined and dedicated towards your goal. Actually you need a little bit guidance regarding how to crack these competitive exams. Nowadays you can join online coaching instead of joining regular classes if you believe yourself that you have the potential to crack it by your own self study. Here I am giving you some tips to self study:

Make a Timetable and follow it strictly right from the first day.

The students must remain motivated.

Selection of study materials is very important. Coaching is important but students must to their books also.
Some time coaching institutes notes are not so much helpful than your text books.

Time is the most essential element and well definef time table is very important for the student.

Discuss with your teachers and friends about the topic which is difficult for you.
17th March 2016, 03:55 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

If you really want to crack IIT JEE exam then i suggest you to join a coaching institute for preparation of this exam.

Syllabus for IIT-JEE is totally different and mush harder than board exam so you need special classes to understand all topics. So in my opinion you must join coaching institute.
17th March 2016, 07:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

It depends on you and you have to take your decision. If you feel that you need help then surely you can go because if you don't have any guidance then it will be very difficult for you to get edge over your competitors.

If you think that your school teachers are enough to clear your doubts and you can prepare for JEE on your own then no need to join any institute.
17th March 2016, 09:11 PM
vinoth1922
Junior Member+

If you want to write JEE Exam then it is not mandatory that you should go for any classes or something like that. If you think that you need some extra coaching then go for it else do not study by yourself.
17th March 2016, 09:20 PM
userdefined

It is good that you are trying to crack IIT JEE Exam, you are in 11th std and it is the right time if you are looking for IIT/ NIT. It is not actually needed to go for additional coaching if you are going to write Exam. JEE Exams are not easy to crack but if you are aspiring then you have to know the concepts thoroughly well. Questions will be all in arithmetic and Multiple choice questions. If you are not well worse in subjects then better you can join any good institute else you can prepare by yourself.
17th March 2016, 10:55 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

It depends upon you whether you are capable to guide yourself or not or else you require a mentor.

But, generally students prefer to join coaching institute to prepare for JEE or they take help of their school teacher or seniors in their preparation for the examination.

But, in today's digital era everything is available online so you can get answer to your any problem from internet. So, if you are not interested in joining coaching you can start preparation by yourself but try to go though the test series at regular interval to evaluate yourself.

The examination is conducted in two stages where Main paper generally contains the syllabus of 10+2 board examination. The level of question get advanced in Advanced stage.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?