28th March 2016, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for the MBA entrance exams? List of best reference books to prepare for the exams?

How to prepare for the MBA entrance exams? List of best reference books to prepare for the exams? Can you please guide me with the complete information which is needed for the same? Awaiting for the response. Kindly give me the answer.

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do after my graduation? Which college should I prefer for MJMC and How can I prepare for entrance exams? Suggest some reference books for the same?
  2. List of reference books for CSAT and mains exam? How to prepare for the exam?
  3. How should I prepare for group exam? What is the qualification for the same?
  4. How to prepare for aptitude tests conducted by companies for placements?
  5. List of best books to prepare for electrical diploma competitive exams?
  6. Are there any specific books/reference books that can help to prepare for NTSE exam?
  7. Best reference books for ICAR entrance exam
  8. Reference books for Mathematics to prepare for Competitive Examinations?
  9. How can I prepare to crack UPSC exams if pursuing B.E. 1st year? Procedure to apply and suitable books to prepare for UPSC exams?
  10. What kind of Government Jobs that I can go for after completion of BE in the year of 2011? Reference Books to prepare for these Exams?
  11. How to prepare for Entrance Exams for MCA course? What syllabus should I prepare for this? What will be the Exam pattern for this? Which Books are best choice for me to prepare for these Entrance Exams?
  12. How to prepare for AIIMS and AIPMT? Books to be preferred for medical entrance exams?
  13. List of entrance exams for MBA program? Tips for preparation? Procedure to apply for MBA?
  14. How to download previous 10 year Question Papers for Bank PO Exams? List of Books to prepare for these Exams?
  15. Preparation for mass communication entrance exams? books?
  16. Which Books are better choice for me to prepare for Group 2 Exams?
  17. Syllabus and Reference Books to prepare for Group 2 Exam?
  18. Best books to prepare for bank PO exams? -- [Most Discussed]
28th March 2016, 02:40 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to prepare for the MBA entrance exams? List of best reference books to prepare for the exams?

Entrance Exam is conducted for MBA admission such as CAT , XAT , MAT , CMAT etc.

Exam Pattern
Total Marks : 100
Time Duration : 3 Hours
- Quantitative Ability - 32 Marks
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning - 34 Marks
- Verbal & Reading Comprehension - 34 Marks

Best Books for Preparation
- Quantitative Ability by Abhijit Guha
- Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning by Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S.Aggarwal

Preparation Tips
- Start preparation at least 1 year before the exam.
- Make a time table for preparation.
- Use standard reference books. You can also join coaching for better preparation.
- Start prepare topic by topic and After completion of each topic , Revise it & Make a note of important points.
- Solve the asked questions.
28th March 2016, 07:52 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for the MBA entrance exams? List of best reference books to prepare for the exams?

Here I will give you the tips for the preparation of MBA entrance exam:

Self confidence
Hard work
Never say die attitude
Mock tests
Practice makes perfect
Don't take it as difficulty
Coaching is also good for preparation
etc...

List of books for the preparation of MBA entrance exam:

Arun Sharma books
R.S Aggarwal books
Nishit Sinha's DILR books
Abhi Guha's books
etc..
28th March 2016, 08:53 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. This is a 2 year Post Graduation Program being offered by many of the colleges in India. There is a good demand for the people who completed Management studies, as the organization can use them not only to perform core operation but also to take care of Managerial activities.

The admission for this course would be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Popular Entrance Exams to join this course are
CAT
MAT
GMAT
XAT etc.

In addition, there will be some state level Entrance Exams would also be conducted to give admission for this course in various colleges of that particular state.

I suggest you to apply for CAT Exam through which you can get admission into B-Schools and IIM's.

Either CAT Exam or any other Entrance Exam, you will be asked questions from the following categories.
Reasoning
Numerical Ability or Aptitude
General English

One single books is not enough to prepare for MBA Entrance Exams. Hence I suggest the following books for each category. You can choose any of them.

For Reasoning - R.S.Agarwal is the best book. This book would cover all the models. You can also give a try for Arihant Publications.

For Aptitude - R.S.Agarwal, M.Tyra, Arun Sharma Authors books would be beneficial.

For General English - You can use Arihant Publications for Grammar and use Word Power Made Easy by NORMAN LEWIS for building vocabulary.

In addition, you can also purchase Practice Papers Books. Have regular practice and you can crack the Exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?