3rd June 2011, 02:28 PM
venkat_kashyap

Is MS degree from BITS Pilani equal to M.Tech/M.E?

I am intrested to do MS degree from BITS Pilani through distance education.
Is MS degree from BITS equal to ME/MTech. Thanks Raj

19th September 2011, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is MS degree from BITS Pilani equal to M.Tech/M.E?

Is Ms degree awarded through distance learning in BITS PILANI recognized by AICTE
4th December 2011, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

I NEED TO JOIN BITS PILANI FOR DOING MY MS DEGREE . CAN ANY ONE SAY ME WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE TO JOIN M WHETHER I NEED TO WRITE ANY EXAMS OR MY ENGINEERING CUT OFF IS ENOUGH FOR JOINING IN BITS . PLEASE GUIDE ME I NOT HAVING ANY IDEA
8th December 2011, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir,

I have completed M.S (SOFTWARE SYSTEM) BITS PILANI in the year 1994. I want to clarify whether my M. S qualification is a Technical qualification or not ,also I want to know whether this Degree Program is a Professional Degree or not. Further I refered the website and from the letter FNO:DEC/BITS/PLNI/RAJ/2009 Dated: 24.11.2009 Signed by Prof. Madhulika Srivastava. I found that the MS Degree was approved by AICTE From year 1995 only. But I have Completed this Degree in 1994. Hence I futher want to clarify whether my M.S Degree is AICTE approved or not.

Please reply me at the earliest
12th December 2011, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

I have done my graduation from Amravati University which is in Maharashtra.Will I be able to apply fom distance learning from Bits Pilani for MS in System Software..I also want to know thw fee structure
12th December 2011, 06:19 PM
Manigandan.ma
Member+

Dear friend,first of all let me clarify you somethings.The main difference between M.S and M.TECH is that M.S is a course which is done by doing research and M.Tech is a course which is done by doing regular academics.So M.S course has good scope towards getting a job in R&D department of private and public sector units.As M.S is based on research,it should not be studied on distance mode.All the best.
12th December 2011, 07:55 PM
prashant more

Cool Re: Is MS degree from BITS Pilani equal to M.Tech/M.E?

Dear friend,first of all let me clarify you somethings.The main difference between M.S and M.TECH is that M.S is a course which is done by doing research and M.Tech is a course which is done by doing regular academics.So M.S course has good scope towards getting a job in R&D department of private and public sector units.As M.S is based on research,it should not be studied on distance mode.All the best.
12th December 2011, 07:56 PM
Ramaki1116

Dear friend,

first of all let me clarify you somethings.The main difference between M.S and M.TECH is that M.S is a course which is done by doing research and M.Tech is a course which is done by doing regular academics.

So M.S course has good scope towards getting a job in R&D department of private and public sector units.As M.S is based on research,it should not be studied on distance mode.All the best.
16th December 2011, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

Is MS degree equal to Mtech ?
20th December 2011, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Is MS (software systems ) from BITS pilani euqivalent to M.TEch or atleast is the degree approved by AICTE
26th January 2012, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

Provide me Minimum Requirements to join MS-IT in BITS pilani?......
Currently i am working ,Is this possible to do MS-IT from BITS Pilani through Distance?
31st January 2012, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

I have been working in MNC past 5 years onwards. I have to join MS in Bits Pilani. COuld you please let me now how can i apply?
Please mail me [email protected]
31st January 2012, 07:23 PM
ashok73

31st January 2012, 07:50 PM
abhisek.sonu

7th February 2012, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

I have completed M.C.A in 2011 and now i m working in HCL Technologies,Chennai as a software engineer. I wish to pursue the M.S degree offered by BITS Pilani for working professionals. I wish you to disclose the procedures and fee structure for joining the course.
6th March 2012, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

This time i am doing my B.Tech. After completion of my B.Tech in jun, i wish to pursue the M.S degree offerded by BITS Pilani. I wish you to disclose the procedures and fee structure for joining the course.
8th March 2012, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

For ECE branch
can i know "M.TECH bits examination syllabus (full)" or atleast give website address for "M.TECH bits examination syllabus for ECE". Does students who have studied b.tech in bits are only eligible to write bits m.tech on line exam(ece)? can you give me the percentage required in b.tech to write m.tech exam for bits? now i am second year b.tech(ece) , i am very intersted in doin M.TECH in bits can you guide me anyway?
1st April 2012, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

i is ms degree of bits pilani through wase is aicte approved.which one is better for bca student ms or mca
7th April 2012, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

I have done my graduation from Marathwada University which is in Maharashtra.Will I be able to apply fom distance learning from Bits Pilani for MS in System Software..I also want to know thw fee structure

[email protected]
13th April 2012, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

What is the tentitive schedule for advertisement & filling up the forms of m tech enterance conducted by BITS Pilani?
13th April 2012, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Provide me Minimum Requirements to join MS-IT in BITS pilani?......
Currently i am working ,Is this possible to do MS-IT from BITS Pilani through Distance?
ya its equivalent to m.tech.minimum requirement is 1year industrial exp.with minimum 60%in gradution
21st April 2012, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

what is the admission procedure for MS here in BITS??
am doing b.tech from electrical..thanks
24th May 2012, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

I just joined an it company .i want to do ms in BITS(distance).is it possible for me to join? and how should i apply?
reply me to [email protected] you
14th June 2012, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

i am perusing my b tech 4th year i want to do MS in Indian universities only so can any one pls help me about is there any entrance exams for joining MS in any universities in India ???
15th August 2012, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

i have 2 years of it industry exoerience acn you let me know the procedure for admission for bits ?? my email id is [email protected]
16th September 2012, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

i am going TO complete my B.S (ENGG.TECH) FROM BITS PILALANI,can i write gate exam TO join M.E OR M.TECH AS REGULAR COURSE?
29th December 2012, 08:14 PM
salmanrj

pursuing MS from BIT's have a weightage equivalent to that of M-Tech
29th December 2012, 08:39 PM
salmanrj

pursuing MS from BIT's have a weightage equivalent to that of M-Tech
8th March 2013, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

Hi..I am unable to find sample question papers for BITS entrance for MTech.. Please help me out. I am an ECE student.
My email id is [email protected].
8th March 2013, 07:42 PM
Kavucute

Hi.. Even I am planning to pursue M tech from BITS pilani.. Can anyone help me out with the question paper pattern and previous years question papers of BITS pilani MTech entrance?? I have done B.E in Electronics and Communication.
My email is [email protected].
10th April 2013, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

hI,I'm working as a java developer, am interested to do an M.S program in EMBEDDED SYSTEM in BITS. How can I get addmission to bits for doing M.S in Embedded system. What are all the documents that I want to submit. Please reply me at [email protected] as much info that all of you have. Thanks in advance

I completed B.E in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
3rd May 2013, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

yes...........
22nd May 2013, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

hi, i have done B.E in Electronics and Telecomm n presently working in Telecomm Industry, Is it possible to pursue MS in Software Systems without having much knowledge of CSE Engg subjects??
7th June 2013, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

whether 5 years integrated MS software engineering in VIT university is equal to MTECH/ME

Please inform
23rd June 2013, 12:56 AM
salmanrj

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkat_kashyap View Post
I am intrested to do MS degree from BITS Pilani through distance education.
Is MS degree from BITS equal to ME/MTech. Thanks Raj

I would tell that MS and ME/MTECH are different streems,
But in terms of an IT career, we couldn't judge them in terms of weight-age they hold, basically all the Masters degree which has computer language subjects in the course, has a weight-age. Depends on what your plans are to work under in future.
Basically i would recommend you to decide on your future goal, as in where and under what you wanna work, then later on check the subjects youll be studying under MS/ME/MTECH, compare them, decide which ones you would require in terms of your future career and then go for it.
23rd June 2013, 01:08 AM
salmanrj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hI,I'm working as a java developer, am interested to do an M.S program in EMBEDDED SYSTEM in BITS. How can I get addmission to bits for doing M.S in Embedded system. What are all the documents that I want to submit. Please reply me at [email protected] as much info that all of you have. Thanks in advance

I completed B.E in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
MS is a completely different stream as compared to M.Tech/ME.
I would suggest you to pen down yours requirements as compared to what you would require in terms of your future work environment, later compare those subjects to the syllabus provided in MS/M.Tech/ME, and select the relevant course.
4th July 2013, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

hi..in next month i am having joining in IT company.i want to do MS inBITS(distance).how should i appply?what is criteria for dat???
22nd July 2013, 02:50 AM
salmanrj

There are many companies providing MS in BITs along with a job. try for it.
Companies like Wipro, Tech Mahindra, TCS, EMC2.. etc etc provide a job, along with a full fledged MS course from BITS Pilani, Its really a good option for People looking for a good career in IT, as, by the end of MS, you'll have a MS degree in hand from BITs Pilani, as well as 4 years of experience in hand, as MS from BITs pilani, tied up with companies is of 4 years. and having a good experience in hand of 4 years is not a piece of cake to have. Its a huge thing, mark my words...
7th August 2013, 07:55 AM
Unregistered

hi..I have completed MCA and i am working from last 5 years in software development (oracle apps technical). Pls suggest me whether i should go for ms (bits pillani 4 semester software system) or PGDBA (symbiosis) in it.
13th August 2013, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Hi i have completed my Btech biotechnology in the yr 2011 and scored 80%...and working as a software Engineer in a reputed IT firm for more than 2 yrs.And now i want to continue my studies related to my UG through distance education say medical lab technology but not related to IT.is that possible? if so kindly let me kno the courses offered related to biotechnology in BITS pls.
Thanks in advance
18th August 2013, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR, I M MCA. NOW I WANT TO JOIN MS IN SS, PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT THE TOTAL COURSE FEES, EXAM CENTRE AND ADMISSION PROCEDURE. AND IS IT AICTE , UGC APPROVED OR NOT. is it distance? .PLS MAIL ME EARLIEST. [email protected]
25th September 2013, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

Hi
I have now around 7 years of experience. Will MS from Bits Pilani help in my professional growth?
5th November 2013, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

Hi
I have now around 3 years of experience. Will MS from Bits Pilani help in my professional growth?
may i know the pros n cons of doing MS in BITS->part time Course?
I am, really confused?
can some reply to below email ?
T
Thanks in advance

email id: [email protected]
18th November 2013, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Dear

i have done my MSc from Pondicherry Central University.Now working in a software company.I want to know is Ms from BIts pilani is rated same as Mtech from any university in regular mode.Can I get a goverment job(lectureship) based upon this?What kind of growth i ll have in IT industry if i ll do it ?
11th December 2013, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

I'm working in a software company and has graduate in B.Tech-IT .I would like to pursue my master degree in M.S.Pls let me know the pros & cons as it is very urgent.
13th April 2014, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Hello
Respect all
I want to do my m.tech in bits . Can I know when do I have to apply for entrance exam and what is the syllabus for the entrance (ec and mech). Pls mail me to [email protected]
28th April 2014, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Hello all
Well i just want to ask if anyone has completed their Distant MS from BITS PIlani ??
Please can you give a review as to how worth is it...and is it helpful..??
18th May 2014, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

Hello,

Kindly help me clarifying my doubt. I hv completed BCA and I am working in MNC for two years; now I want to go for MS Software Systems(4 sem) from BITS. Please let me know whether I am eligible or not. Please do answer.It's very imp for me to know.

Thanks.
22nd June 2014, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

Please let me know distance education in bits pilani (MS) is approved by AICTE??
Thanks In Advance

[email protected]
25th March 2018, 08:19 AM
Unregistered

What are the specialization offered to do the MS / ME in BITS PILANI through distance mode.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?