20th May 2016, 08:34 PM
anshashaji

Which subject should I choose in 11th between Science and commerce?

Hi,
I'm ansha i'm poor and careless in maths, but i'm interested to be a CA.
So, which subject should i choose in 11th? Science or Commerce?

20th May 2016, 10:47 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I choose in 11th between Science and commerce?

If you are interested to do CA course then, it is best to opt for Commerce stream in 11th standard. Even Science stream students are eligible to do CA course. But, it is best to do CA by doing 11th standard in Commerce stream. You need to appear and qualify CPT examination to get admission in CA course.
20th May 2016, 11:59 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Information Regarding Chartered Accountant Course

Chartered Accountants is one of the professional course related to business and finance management. You may take admission after completing the 12th standard.

As you are interested to do Chartered Accountant course in ahead future so you must choose commerce stream in the 11th class. There are no restrictions with regard to the age of the candidate or marks secured in senior secondary examination. The competition is tough so you need to work hard to get success.

So, don't worry and study well for a brightness career ahead. For details regarding eligibility criteria and other details kindly visit website - http://www.icai.org
21st May 2016, 01:55 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Which subject should I choose in 11th between Science and commerce?

Hello,

Well if you are not well versed with the subject of Maths then I would recommend you to go with the commerce stream for doing the CA course in future.

So, in 11th you can choose the commerce stream instead of Science.

The eligibility for giving the CPT(Common Proficiency Test) exam as it is one of the 1st eligibility criteria to enroll for the Intermediate (IPC) course for becoming the CA(Chartered Accountant) is -

1) One must have passed the 10th and 12th Board exam from any stream.

Though little bit of maths(Quantitative Aptitude) is asked in the CPT exam that is of upto 10th level standard.
21st May 2016, 01:33 PM
13precious

You should choose commerce stream to join CA course.After completing 12th in commerce you can apply for CA course.

There are three stages for CA.

CPT

IPCC

Final CA with articles ship

Commerce stream:- required 50% marks

Non Commerce stream:- 55% marks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?