29th May 2016, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to become an Architect after passing BE in Civil engineering?

Please, guys tell me that is it possible to become an architect after passing the course of BE in Civil engineering? If not then what should I do to become one being an architect.

Related Questions:
  1. How to become an Architect after doing M.A in Civil Engineering?
  2. Which is a good course for me between B.Arch and B.E Civil? Can an Architect become a builder?
  3. Can I do my PG in Architect after getting degree in Civil Engineering?
  4. How to become an Architect after passing 12th science?
  5. Necessity of doing diploma for Architect? Is there any diploma course for Architect? Is it good to do B.Arch or M.Arch for becoming Architect?
  6. How much score is required in GATE in order to join IIT Madras for Naval Architecture(SC category)?
  7. How can I get a job as Autocad Draughts man civil in Architect office
  8. Is it necessary to do Diploma for becoming Architect? Is it good to do graduation and post graduation in Architecture to become an Architect?
  9. Can I pursue B.Architect after passing 12th?
  10. Is it possible to get admission in diploma architect after 10th? Entrance exams necessary for diploma architect admission in Mumbai?
  11. How to become an Architect after passing 10th?
  12. Can I apply for PWD after passing Architect?
  13. Best college for studying Architecture? Duration of the course? What is the payscale per month?
  14. Admission in Architect course is possible after passing 10th? How much percentage is required in 10th and names of the recommended universities?
  15. BE or B.Arch. after Diploma in Civil Engineering? what should I do? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How to get civil engineering job after passing degree in civil engineering?
  17. Is it possible to do Architecture after finishing civil engineering?
  18. What is the process to take admission for Architect after completing diploma in civil?
29th May 2016, 10:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to become an Architect after passing BE in Civil engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please, guys tell me that is it possible to become an architect after passing the course of BE in Civil engineering? If not then what should I do to become one being an architect.
After completion of B.E in Civil Engineering, you can't do Architecture course.

If you can do B.Arch course from a recognized University then you are eligible to become an Architect.

But you should qualify in NATA, IIT JEE exam.
30th May 2016, 12:48 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to become an Architect after passing BE in Civil engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am sorry that it's possible for you to become an Architect after passing BE in Civil engineering. Both the Civil Engineering and Architect are different field. You need to complete B. Arch or M.Tech in Architecture in order to become an Architect. Since, you have already completed B.E in Civil Engineering course, so I suggest you to pursue for M.Tech in Architecture.
30th May 2016, 05:37 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Yes, it is definitely possible.

There are many students who do it.

You have to sit in NATA for this. The maximum age requirement for that is 23 years. If you are well within this age limit, you can definitely sit in NATA.

NATA stands for the National Aptitude Test for Architecture.

Various colleges other than the IITs and NITs offer the B. Arch. through this test.

It is conducted from April to June every year and the forms are sold out in the month of February to April.

For the admission a common merit list is prepared by based on the marks obtained by them in the test and the marks in 12th.

The weightage of the marks is 50-50 for both and the students are called for the counselling through which they get the colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?