21st August 2016, 08:35 AM
Unregistered

Which one is better career wise Ancient History or Modern History?

I cracked the entrance exam for masters in History but I personally like Ancient Indian History. I want to know Which one is better career wise Ancient History or Modern History ?

22nd August 2016, 07:26 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which one is better career wise Ancient History or Modern History?

Both ancient and modern history have very wide scope career wise.
After completing, Master degree, very wide scope for research open for all subjects. So, don't think much about career options.
After Masters in History, you can either go for research in some government or private firms or you can make career in field of teaching and both are very well paid.
For that, you have to choose the subject of your interest so that you get involve in it fully and study all the topics deeply.
2nd May 2018, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Please provide me previous year question paper of ancient history for m.a admission test in ancient history
10th June 2018, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Please provide me previous year question paper of ancient history for m.a admission test in ancient history
30th June 2023, 09:35 AM
nikhilprecision1
Banned

The choice between a career in Ancient History or Modern History ultimately depends on your personal interests and career goals. Both fields offer unique opportunities and can lead to fulfilling careers.

Modern History may have more immediate and diverse job opportunities due to its relevance to contemporary society.

The academic landscape and research opportunities in both fields may vary. Modern History benefits from more extensive documentation, primary sources, and access to living experts and witnesses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?