4th September 2016, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

Chemistry honours graduate is eligible for NIMCET 2017?

Sir, I have done graduation from Patna University with Chemistry Honours and Physics and Geology as my subsidiary subjects on 2016. I didn't had Mathematics in graduation. But I had Mathematics in intermediate. Am i eligible for NIMCET 2017???

4th September 2016, 09:01 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chemistry honours graduate is eligible for NIMCET 2017?

NIMCET is a national level entrance examination held for admission in MCA degree course from any of the 11 participating NITs ( National Institute Technology ).

--> MCA stands for Master of Computer Application and as the name suggests it is a Master's degree course of two years which has great scope in software world across India and abroad too.

--> For appearing NIMCET, you need to be a bachelor degree holder with a minimum of 60% aggregate ( 6.5 CGPA on a scale of 10 ) in any discipline with Mathematics as one of the subjects at both graduation and higher secondary school degree level from a recognized university.

So being a Chemistry honors degree holder but not having studies Mathematics as your graduation level you are not eligible for appearing in NIMCET 2017.
4th September 2016, 10:39 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

NIMCET is National Institute of Technology MCA Common Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria:

1. Academic qualification is Bachelor of science or Computer Application etc from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for NIMCET.

2. Minimum of 60% marks in bachelor's degree for General and OBC candidates and 55% for SC/ST candidates is required to apply for this exam.

You are eligible for NIMCET 2017 after Chemistry Honours.
4th September 2016, 11:27 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

No,The Chemistry honours graduate are not eligible for NIMCET 2017.Because to eligible for NIMCET the candidate must hold a Bachelor degree from any recognized university with at least any of the one subject:-

->>Mathematics

->>Business Mathematics

->>Discrete Mathematics

->>Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science

->>Business Statistics

->>Computational Mathematics

->>Elementary Mathematics

->>Elementary Statistics
10th November 2020, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

I am a BSc computer science graduate with Chemistry as my subsidiary subject. Am I eligible for NIMCET?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?