12th December 2016, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

Is there a Reservation for a Person having an Eye Disability in JEE Main exam?

Respected Sir, I want to apply for JEE Main exam but one of my Eyes is disabled so I want to know is there a Reservation for a Person having an Eye Disability in JEE Main exam? If yes the please tell me how can apply for that?

Related Questions:
  1. Benefits of 35% disability in JEE Main to get admission in IITs and NITs -- [New]
  2. Can I have reservation in IIT JEE entrance exam? I have an eyesight of -13
  3. Reservation quota in JEE Main and Advanced for SC candidate who has scored 73.8% in 12th BSEB?
  4. How to get into DCE by studying in Delhi for next 2 years? I have scored 91% in class 10th
  5. If my eyesight is 7.5 then am I considered physically handicapped? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  7. Can I apply for JEE Main 2016 twice, one on the basis of 12th and another on the basis of Diploma?
  8. Does a person with knock knee get reservation under disability quota for government jobs?
  9. How the core in JEE Main and Advance is calculated? How the ranking will be done if two person have the same marks?
  10. Qualifying marks in JEE Main? Suitable books for preparation?
  11. What is the reservation quota in RAS pre and mains exam for retired Army Person?
  12. Possibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for a candidate who has appear JEE Main twice?
  13. Can I get government college in MP/UP/Chhatisgarh/Rajasthan/Maharashtra for B.Tech after scoring 48 marks in AIEEE?
  14. Can I appear in JEE Main 2016 from NIOS board?
  15. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in IIST? How much I should try to get in through JEE Main?
  16. Whether a candidate is eligible to appear in Jee Main on behalf of MP-PET if exhausted 3 chances for applying in colleges of Madhya Pradesh?
  17. Last date to fillup JEE Main form and exam date? What are the subjects and syllabus for JEE Main?
  18. Having 38% in Maths can I appear for JEE Main 2016?
15th December 2016, 08:10 PM
A033bhishek

Default Re: Is there a Reservation for a Person having an Eye Disability in JEE Main exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I want to apply for JEE Main exam but one of my Eyes is disabled so I want to know is there a Reservation for a Person having an Eye Disability in JEE Main exam? If yes the please tell me how can apply for that?
Yes, there is a provision in the guidelines of CBSE JEE mains entrance examination.
According to this ,
OBC (Non-creamy layer) - 7.5 %
SC - 27 %
ST - 15 %
PwD (Person with Disability more than 40%) - 3 %

And you don't need to apply for it saperately, just tick the quota section as PwD while filling the form and after filling the details submit it.
15th December 2016, 11:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there a Reservation for a Person having an Eye Disability in JEE Main exam?

If you have visual disability of more than 40%, then surely you will get reservation benefit. You have to apply a visually impaired candidate for getting the benefit. Seats are reserved for such candidates and cut off is calculated according to the seats reserved.

Therefore, you can get your medical certificate to prove that your disability is in accordance with the criteria. You can get it from a government hospital of your district.
3rd May 2018, 07:59 AM
Unregistered

What does one eye vision in JEE ADV refer to? Why is it asked? I have both eyes functional, but left eye is too weak and practically depend on right eye for vision. what should I select because technically I have two eyed vision and practically one?
6th December 2018, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

My son undergone to a cataract surgery now he is trying to appear for jee mains 2019 he is not able to see 5 feet above he is wearing bifocal lenses with glasses is he comes under pwd reservation of jee mains 2019 pls ..
30th April 2020, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

Is any one eye disability reservation in IIT
7th June 2020, 06:44 PM
HGK7

Yes, there is a provision in the guidelines of CBSE JEE mains entrance examination as follows:-
  • OBC (Non-creamy layer) - 7.5 %
  • SC - 27 %
  • ST - 15 %
  • PwD (Person with Disability more than 40%) - 3 %
13th September 2020, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

I have only one eyed vision , will I have any reservation for me in Jee advance ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?