10th June 2011, 11:41 AM
kadi938

How can I join Aeronautical engineering? What's the eligibility criteria? I've completed 12th std

sir, i have completed 12th and my result is first class. can i join aeronautical engg? wat is the eligibility for that?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure and admission criteria for Aeronautical Engineering after 12th?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria to join Aeronautical Engineering? I am doing 12th
  3. Can I do diploma in aeronautical engineering after standard 10th? What is the eligibility criteria?
  4. Do I have to choose Aeronautical engineering to join Indian air force?
  5. Best engineering colleges in South India? Is it possible to join Aeronautical Engineering College without answering any entrance exam?
  6. Information about Aeronautical Engineering?
  7. Can I join into aeronautical engineering after completing 10th or SSC
  8. How to join Aeronautical engineering after completing 12th with 80%
  9. How to join Aeronautical engineering in best colleges in India after studying 12th standard?
  10. How to join in Aeronautical Engineering after passing 12th Aeronautical Engineering?
  11. Is pursuing aeronautical engineering beneficial?
  12. Eligibility criteria to take admission for Aeronautical Engineering? When to get forms for this?
  13. What is the eligibility to join M.E in GCT? What is the eligibility criteria?
  14. How to become a NASA astronaut? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to join in Aeronautical engineering after completing diploma with 84%?
  16. How to join in Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in Electrical and Electronics engineering with 80%? Which entrance exam to appear to join Aeronautical Engineering?
  17. Am I eligible to do diploma in aeronautical engineering after 10th standard with 95%+ marks? -- [New]
  18. Aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in Electronics and Communication?
29th May 2012, 04:42 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Aeronautical engineering? What's the eligibility criteria? I've completed 12th std

If you have passed 12th class, you can join Aeronautical engineering. You need to take PCM as subjects in 12th class to join this course. Also a 50% marks is required to apply for this course. Admission for the same will be on the basis of common entrance examination. If you attain a good score in this exam, you can pursue aeronautical engineering in reputed colleges.
11th June 2012, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I join Aeronautical engineering? What's the eligibility criteria? I've completed 12th std

I have finished pure science in 12 it is possible to become a pilot
9th July 2012, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

is there any exam before aeronautical engineering
10th July 2012, 11:21 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

To pursue this course you need to give the engineering entrance exam and get good rank. Based on that rank you will get a college in the counselling session. Better the rank, better the college.

Most of the entrance exams are quite tough therefore it is always advisable to start preparing for it much in advance. Even though you have got good marks in the board exam but still you have to drop a year and give the entrance exam next year and that means you have only one year at hand to prepare for it which is tough but not impossible.

Eligibility Criteria:

You can apply for aeronautical engineering if you have 50% marks in physics, chemistry and mathematics taken together or if you are a diploma holder in mechanical or aeronautical engineering, then also you can apply for this course.

The duration of this course is 4 years.

List Of Entrance Exams:

IIT JEE
IIA Entrance Exam
AIEEE
CEE
SLIET Entrance Test
IISAT

Top Institutes:

Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh

Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai

IIT, Kharagpur

IIT, Chennai

Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Dehradun

Academy of Aerospace & Aviation, Indore

10th July 2012, 11:22 AM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have finished pure science in 12 it is possible to become a pilot
hello!!

since you have completed your intermediate that is XII with pure sciences that is physics,chemistry,Biology.you can only become a pilot by applying For Indian Army by giving NDA entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice every year.

so, you can apply for Indian Airforce through NDA Entrance exam if you fulfill the below mentioned eligibility criteria

Eligibility criteria

~~you are required to have age between 16.5 to 19 years.

~~you should have passed XII exams from a recognized school or board.

~~you should be citizen of India ora subject of nepal or Bhutan or Tibet.

~~this exam is for unmarried male candidates.

~~candidates having PCM can apply for all three branches of Indian Defense Services,

~~candidates of non PCM branch can apply for Only Indian Millitary academy.

since you have PCB in intermediate so you can apply for Indian Millitary Academy to be a pilot.

also you don't have any other options available with your eligibility criteria as you can not apply for Commercial pilot.since that requires a certain Eligibility criteria which is as under.....

~the candidate should have passed XII Exam from non medical branch that is PCM and you having pure sciences that is PCB can not apply for this exam to become a commercial pilot in the flying academies.

so, your option is to do NDA but you will be eligible only for other defense services except Army branch.

the other option with you is to first do graduation and then apply for CDS Exam .

But as for now you have the criteria to apply for NDA Exam but not airforce academy.

for more visit---http://careerairforce.nic.in/

hope this helped.........

with regards
roknits
10th July 2012, 01:02 PM
drjeet
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadi938 View Post
sir, i have completed 12th and my result is first class. can i join aeronautical engg? wat is the eligibility for that?
Hello

You Can Join Aeronautical Engineering.
> you have Qualified 12th standard with good percentages, and you are eligible for the Common Entrance Exam For Aeronautical Engineering..

> For a B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering one needs to have high percentage of marks in science subjects in 10 + 2 and should clear the entrance exam of the institute.

> Physics, chemistry, maths combination in 12th class and a minimum of 50% marks in each subject can appear for the exam conducted by the aeronautics society of India.

Top Aerospace engineering colleges in India:

Indian Institute of Technology Powai, Mumbai

Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur

Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai

Hindustan Inst of Engineering Technology, Chennai

Nehru College of Aeronautical and Applied Sciences, Coimbatore

School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi

Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh

Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur

Indian Institute of Aeronautics, Patna

Institute of Aviation Technology, Bahadurgarh, Haryana

VSM Aerospace Chelekere Village, Bangalore

Hindustan Electronics Academy Bangalore

Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Dehradun

All the Best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?