14th April 2017, 02:10 AM
Unregistered

In which college I can get admission after 6 years of gap?

I have 6 years gap after 10th. Can I try to get admission in 12th and what I need for admission and which college. Please help me.

14th April 2017, 12:27 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which college I can get admission after 6 years of gap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have 6 years gap after 10th. Can I try to get admission in 12th and what I need for admission and which college. Please help me.

As you mentioned, you have studied up to Class 10th only. It is not possible to join any college for degree without 10+2 qualifications. So you can study graduation through open universities like IGNOU after Class 10th. For that you have to clear the Bachelor Preparatory Program (BPP) conducted by the IGNOU. After completion of the BPP, you can join BA course in IGNOU through distance education. The duration of the BA course is three years. This is one of the options available for those who have not studied 10+2 in schools, because after 6 years gap it is very difficult to join in a school and study 10+2. The IGNOU website link is Click Here
14th April 2017, 12:38 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get the admission in 12th std after 6 years of gap. There is no bar on age limit to get admission in course.

But, you must have to give the reason of your gap to get admission in course. So, if you have any nobel reason for it, you are eligible to get admission.

After completion of your 12th you will be eligible to get admission in undergraduate courses in colleges.
14th April 2017, 04:27 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

There is no any special procedures to follow after long gap. You will not have to face any problem while admission. So no need to worry. You are free to get admission in any college.
14th April 2017, 09:11 PM
kalamrockz

You cannot get admission in 12th directly after completion of your 10th class, you will have to get admission in 11th class and then after clearing the class, you can move up to 12th standard.

There are various schools and colleges you can get admission in, however if not getting admission in regular mode, you can also get admission in distance mode of education and can continue with your career ahead.
14th April 2017, 09:41 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since you have completed your class 10th successfully from a recognised Board, you can definitely get admission to study class 11th in respective School. Since there is 6 years gap after class 10th examination, you must have to provide some valid reason to get admission in any School.
14th April 2017, 10:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You will have problem in getting admission in a regular school for class 12th. Hence, you have to opt for open schooling option like NIOS.

NIOS qualification is accepted by most of the universities for higher education in India.
14th April 2017, 11:48 PM
khanexpert

You can get admission in various college, but not in regular mode of education. You will be able to get admission in distance mode of education. Do not worry about the certificate as it is valid and very much recognized.
14th April 2017, 11:53 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Since every college and universities fix their own age limit for admission process. It is mandatory that the candidate must satisfy the age limit to be eligible for Graduation course through regular mode. However, you can try to get admission through distance mode. There is no age limit Graduation through distance mode.
23rd March 2021, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

I have a gap of 8 years after 12th science and now I want to do graduation in bsc maths which colleges in mumbai will allow me to take admission after these many years. What will be their criteria. Does mumbai university allow such gaps. Please recommend colleges or universities which will allow me to pursue bsc maths
21st June 2023, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

i have gap of 6 year after graduation in BCCA and now i want to do diploma in civil engineering, so please tell me it is possible for me. Please recommend colleges or universities which will allow me to pursue CE in Nagpur.
30th June 2023, 07:58 PM
A Erenbeni Ovung
Banned

After a 6-year gap, several factors come into play when considering college admission. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

1. Research: Start by researching colleges and universities that align with your desired field of study and academic goals. Look for institutions that are known for supporting non-traditional students or offer programs tailored to adult learners.

2. Admission Requirements: Check the admission requirements of each institution you are interested in. Some colleges may have specific policies for applicants with a long gap since their last education, while others may consider your work experience or other accomplishments during that time.

3. Standardized Tests: Review the standardized test requirements, such as the SAT or ACT. Some colleges may waive these requirements for mature students or consider other factors like work experience or personal statements instead.

4. Personal Statement or Essay: Craft a compelling personal statement explaining the reasons behind the gap, any achievements during that time, and your readiness to pursue higher education. Be honest and highlight your motivation to succeed.

5. Transcripts and Recommendations: Gather any available transcripts from previous education, even if they are dated. Additionally, request recommendation letters from professionals who can vouch for your capabilities and potential as a student.

6. Community College: Consider starting your academic journey at a community college. They often have more flexible admission criteria and provide an opportunity to demonstrate your capabilities before transferring to a four-year institution.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?