19th August 2011, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

Is MCA degree equal to engineering?

is it true that M.C.A degree equals engineering...please tell me if the 2 courses are equal

20th August 2011, 12:44 AM
sg1991

Default Re: Is MCA degree equal to engineering?

MCA means Master of Computer Application. It is a master's degree course which can be done only after getting bachelor's degree.
B.E. or B.Tech. degree is called engineering degree. There are several branches in engineering like- civil, mechanical, electrical, computer science, IT, electronics and communication etc. It is a bachelor's degree course.
MCA can be assumed to be equivalent to B.E. or B.Tech. in computer science or IT because the course content is almost same. Also the students get same type of job like software developer, web designer etc.
But generally the package of BE/BTech students is higher.
20th August 2011, 04:53 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

MCA actually is a masters level course and B.Tech is a graduation level course. However in the industry B.Tech is more valued than MCA. The salary paid to the B.Tech candidate will be marginally higher than a MCA candidate. If you have an option you must try to pursue B.Tech. Also make sure you pursue the same from recognised institute.
21st December 2011, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir I m Persuing Mca ,and i gt it job in construction in erp package entry job but know i want doing in diploma in civil engineering .so i am asked for you its better other wise wrong to my carrier .
17th February 2012, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

Yes,in it industry both are considered at same level
17th February 2012, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

What are the qualification for mca?
30th March 2012, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

i have completed B.A Correspodence. I have and 3 years experience of marketing.Now what will be the better cource for me for getting good job. If MCS is better then let me know from where i can do it correspondence?
7th April 2012, 12:51 PM
AlexEngg

MCA is equivalent to ME (Computer Science and Engineering)

MCA with Only B.Sc. (Computer Science) background is equivalent to ME (Computer Science and Engineering).

B.Sc. Computer Science (3 Yrs) + MCA (3 Yrs) = 6 Years.

BE Computer Science (4 Yrs) + ME (2Yrs) = 6 Years.

MCA and ME both are equal.

Companies are giving equal priority to both MCA and ME.

Two Master’s Degrees, MCA and ME, are treated Same for jobs and there is no difference in the competence ratings.

Both MCA and ME (Computer Science and Engineering) Professional Degree courses, the contents of theory and practical syllabus are Same.

MCA and ME Degree holders are Equal to each other.

MCA – Master of Computer Applications.

ME – Master of Engineering (Computer Science and Engineering).

Thanks and best regards to you all.
19th May 2012, 12:52 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is MCA degree equal to engineering?

Hi

MCA - Master's in Computer Applications

This course is basically a Post Graduation program which is of duration 3 years. It is the Master's course of the BCA which stands for the Bachelor in Computer Applications.

The Basic Eligibility Criteria to apply and take up the MCA course are as follows :-

1. You should be a minimum graduate in any stream from a recognized college or university but preferably BCA as it would be easier to study ahead.

2. You must have studied Maths as a subject in either 12th boards or as a separate subject in your graduation.

3. There is no age nor attempt limits to this program.

Apart from this there is the Computer Science Engineering also known as CSE. This is basically an Engineering course as the name suggests and so it is of 4 years duration.

Coming to your question, if MCA degree is equal to Engineering. I would say that Engineering is a mere graduation degree but the MCA is a post graduation degree.

However the MCA and Engineering are treated as ALMOST equal degrees when you go searching for jobs but the MCA candidates would be preferred more than the CSE Engineers.

MCA candidates would hold 2 years of extra experience in terms of academic studies and also must have gone into detailed study of the MCA and other Computer related studied and subjects.

Whereas B.Tech is very common these days and so one has to go for specialization to get some good repute in the market and industry.

Thus Yeah you can consider the MCA degree as ALMOST equivalent or even superior degree to the B.Tech.

Hope this helps

Regards
RANJEET
19th May 2012, 03:52 PM
kutti.29
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Is MCA degree equal to engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is it true that M.C.A degree equals engineering...please tell me if the 2 courses are equal

HI

* MCA(MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS) and Engineering are treated as ALMOST equal degrees when you go searching for jobs but the MCA candidates would be preferred more than the CSE Engineers.

*MCA degree is equal to Engineering. I would say that Engineering is a mere

graduation degree but the MCA is a post graduation degree.

now a days both ways have good oportunities.

30th May 2012, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

ẃch cource is better mba or mca
3rd September 2012, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

SIR, AAP MUJHE M.G.S.B UNIVERSITY BIKANER KE B.C.A. KE SYLLABUS KE ANUSAR BOOKS BATAIYE JINME SARA SYLLBUS HO?
I NEED IT.
THANKS.
MAHAVEER
4th September 2012, 12:49 PM
santoshchintha

Hi,
MCA is also recognised as same as B.e or B-tech same type of opportunities are available after completing mca but the duration is 2 years higher than btech but mca called as Post graduation where btech is graduation having equal chances for mca or btech
4th September 2012, 12:51 PM
santoshchintha

Hi,
MCA is also recognised as same as B.e or B-tech same type of opportunities are available after completing mca but the duration is 2 years higher than btech but mca called as Post graduation where btech is graduation having equal chances for mca or btech
4th September 2012, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

KINDLY KNOW ME AMIE(INDIA) IN CUMPUTER SCIENCE ENGG WILL SAME AS MCA AND GOOD SALLARY
13th September 2012, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

mca degree is same as computer engineer?
13th September 2012, 10:23 PM
rajeshsonudhiman

MCA is almost same as Engineering but if we talking about opportunities MCA is MASTER degree, better than engineering.
14th September 2012, 12:39 AM
mailme.ramkapoor

Hi dear,

MCA - Master's in Computer Applications

This course is basically a Post Graduation program which is of duration 3 years. It is the Master's course of the BCA which stands for the Bachelor in Computer Applications.

The Basic Eligibility Criteria to apply and take up the MCA course are as follows :-

1. You should be a minimum graduate in any stream from a recognized college or university but preferably BCA as it would be easier to study ahead.

2. You must have studied Maths as a subject in either 12th boards or as a separate subject in your graduation.

3. There is no age nor attempt limits to this program.

Apart from this there is the Computer Science Engineering also known as CSE. This is basically an Engineering course as the name suggests and so it is of 4 years duration.

Coming to your question, if MCA degree is equal to Engineering. I would say that Engineering is a mere graduation degree but the MCA is a post graduation degree.

However the MCA and Engineering are treated as ALMOST equal degrees when you go searching for jobs but the MCA candidates would be preferred more than the CSE Engineers.

MCA candidates would hold 2 years of extra experience in terms of academic studies and also must have gone into detailed study of the MCA and other Computer related studied and subjects.

Whereas B.Tech is very common these days and so one has to go for specialization to get some good repute in the market and industry.

Thus Yeah you can consider the MCA degree as ALMOST equivalent or even superior degree to the B.Tech.

Hope this helps

Thanks
22nd September 2012, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

sir mai janna chahta hoon ki llb regular degree ke saath m.a. economics (private) other digree ke saath kar sakte hain ki nahin
22nd September 2012, 05:41 PM
AshwinKumar S.Hallikar

Smile Re: Is MCA degree equal to engineering?

MCA and BE/B.Tech are not equivalent. BE/B.Tech leads to graduation while MCA is a masters degree. Although BE/B.Tech is a graduation degree but the salary package and placement may be same or better than that of a MCA. If you can revert with some information about the objective of this query, we will be able to guide you better

MCA and BE/B.Tech are not equivalent. BE/B.Tech leads to graduation while MCA is a masters degree. Although BE/B.Tech is a graduation degree but the salary package and placement may be same or better than that of a MCA. If you can revert with some information about the objective of this query, we will be able to guide you better.All the best!

MCA and BE/B.Tech are not equivalent. BE/B.Tech leads to graduation while MCA is a masters degree. Although BE/B.Tech is a graduation degree but the salary package and placement may be same or better than that of a MCA. If you can revert with some information about the objective of this query, we will be able to guide you better.All the best!
22nd September 2012, 09:22 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear............
Masters of Computer Applications (MCA) is a postgraduate course one can choose to pursue if they have an interest in computer application. As one amid the most preferred courses amongst the students of today, MCA provides the students with lucrative job opportunities. This course has a time period of 3 years.

>>Specializations the students can opt during their final year of the MCA course comprise of:

>> Application Software
>> Development
>> Engineering
>> Hardware Technology
>> Internet
>> Software Development Networking
>> System Management
>> Trouble Shooting

>> Aspirants who have done their BCA, BBA or B.Tech can apply for the MCA course. Students who have finished their graduation in science can also apply. These students must have studied Mathematics as a subject in class 10+2. There is no age limit regarding the admission to this course.

Top institutions that offer MCA courses include:

>> Banaras Hindu University
>> Bharathiar University -Coimbatore
>> Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS)
>> Calicut University
>> Delhi University
>> Goa University
>> Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
>> Jawaharlal Nehru University
>> Kerala University
>> Madurai Kamaraj University
>> Mahatma Gandhi University
>> MN National Institute of Technology (NIT)-Allahabad
>> Nagpur University
>> National Institute of Technology (NIT) Calicu

Good luck..........
8th October 2012, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

sir, i hv done bca ,i want to go in techincal area ...

So now wht to me do now....
22nd November 2012, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

I have done MCA thru correspondence in madurai kamaraj university. very soon m due to promotion but the post qualification is BE/BCA. so I want to know here is wheather MCA is equal to BE?
30th November 2012, 10:49 PM
Viraj0013

MCA means Master of Computer Application. It is a master's degree course which can be done only after getting bachelor's degree.

B.E. or B.Tech. degree is called engineering degree. There are several branches in engineering like- civil, mechanical, electrical, computer science, IT, electronics and communication etc. It is a bachelor's degree course.

MCA can be assumed to be equivalent to B.E. or B.Tech. in computer science or IT because the course content is almost same. Also the students get same type of job like software developer, web designer etc.
4th December 2012, 03:47 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Quote:
Hi,
This depends entirely on your college where you are doing MCA. Normally MCA course is B.Tech equivalent. Now B.Tech is an engineering course. So MCA also becomes equivalent to engineering courses. But if the university where you have applied for MCA is not UGC or AICTE approved then it will neither be equivalent to engineering or masters or anything. It will be a useless degree that would not cater to any job. So whenever you enroll for MCA then make sure to find out if it is UGC approved or not. Then you can get jobs in any well known MNCs, with starting salary of around Rs.15,000-Rs.18,000. All the Best.
17th May 2013, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

after bca wat ia better mca or mba ??????????
30th July 2013, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed my bsc computer science, this year the govt has given opportunity for bsc engineering lateral entry, im confused wether to join BE or mca..which one is better?..
1st November 2013, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

after completing 3 years B.Sc. is it possible to do ME?
2nd November 2013, 07:31 PM
alerter

MCA is equivalent ot B.E/ B.Tech (CSE/IT).
4th November 2013, 05:34 PM
aakash ladi

Quote:
ya, mca and b.techcse are equivalent
14th November 2013, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Bullshit all of you are comparing B.Tech and M.C.A in context of salary . but that's not possible cuz there is high margin difference between a BACHELOR and MASTERS .
Cuz Masters is a research whereas bachelor is for learning.
6th January 2014, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by imira View Post
MCA actually is a masters level course and B.Tech is a graduation level course. However in the industry B.Tech is more valued than MCA. The salary paid to the B.Tech candidate will be marginally higher than a MCA candidate. If you have an option you must try to pursue B.Tech. Also make sure you pursue the same from recognised institute.
Qualification is just mode of entry. Its all about how much technical knowledge anybody posses.Software companies pays for knowledge not for B.Tech
8th January 2014, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed my bsc without computer science my combination is pcm,now i am doing mca then mca is equal to be?
9th January 2014, 11:13 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Engineering is a Graduation course with the duration of 4 years being offered in number of colleges in India.

Some of the top streams in Engineering are
-Civil Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering
-Computer Science Engineering
-Information Technology
-Electrical and Electronics Engineering etc.

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications. This is a 3 year Post Graduation course being offered by so many colleges in India.

The minimum academic qualification that is required to join Engineering is 10+2 but to join MCA, one should have completed Graduation.

These many differences are there for Engineering and MCA. So, how can you consider these 2 courses as same.

But the thing is when the requirements are going on freshers, they will put in the eligibility criteria as B.Tech and MCA candidates both are eligible.

Even the salary packages that are offered for both type of candidates will also be same.

To the best of my knowledge, many companies are preferring to hire the candidates who have completed Engineering course than MCA until and unless if MCA candidates did their course in top colleges or NITs.

You did not mention your highest level of academic qualification.

If 10+2 is your highest academic qualification, then better to join Engineering course.

Wish you all the best.
22nd May 2014, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

I am lali.I have been graduation complete.kya me abhi MCA karsakti hu ?
7th November 2014, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

If MCA, BE and ME are all same, why do we need to call them differently? Can it have one generic name and just one course?
6th April 2016, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

Please advice me have any institutions in Pune or Mumbai for do MCA courses
5th January 2017, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir I have completed my bcom (computers ) I want to do MCA NOW it's possible to do Mca
9th January 2017, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

Masters are master and bachelor are bachelor only it cant be changed any have MCA people have more knowledge as compare to ME and M tech?
9th June 2017, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

After completing U.G degree B.e (computer science engineering )which is best for doing P.G degree [M.E.] or [MCA]
14th January 2018, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

Please sir I have done BCA and MCA lateral entry. Please tell me MCA lateral degree is equal to B.E/B.Tech (CS/IT).
7th December 2019, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexEngg View Post
MCA is equivalent to ME (Computer Science and Engineering)

MCA with Only B.Sc. (Computer Science) background is equivalent to ME (Computer Science and Engineering).

B.Sc. Computer Science (3 Yrs) + MCA (3 Yrs) = 6 Years.

BE Computer Science (4 Yrs) + ME (2Yrs) = 6 Years.

MCA and ME both are equal.

Companies are giving equal priority to both MCA and ME.

Two Master’s Degrees, MCA and ME, are treated Same for jobs and there is no difference in the competence ratings.

Both MCA and ME (Computer Science and Engineering) Professional Degree courses, the contents of theory and practical syllabus are Same.

MCA and ME Degree holders are Equal to each other.

MCA – Master of Computer Applications.

ME – Master of Engineering (Computer Science and Engineering).

Thanks and best regards to you all.
Can you give me the aicte notification where mca is mentioned as professional degree?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?