30th August 2011, 02:16 AM
parayadav

Syllabus for Entrance Exam for Ph.D in Economics? Selection process in IIT being a candidate of awarded UGC-NET JRF?

Respected Sir!
I want to do PhD from I.I.T in Economics. So Please tell me that what is the syllabus for entrance exam for PhD in Economics. As I am awarded UGC-NET JRF awarded in June 2011. I want to know that what is the selection process in IIT. And at the time of interview for PhD Will I have to present research praposal or not? I will be highly obliged to you. Thank you.

25th January 2012, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Syllabus for Entrance Exam for Ph.D in Economics? Selection process in IIT being a candidate of awarded UGC-NET JRF?

sir i want to give the net exam... so i want to know how to apply for net exams
3rd June 2013, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Syllabus for Entrance Exam for Ph.D in Economics? Selection process in IIT being a candidate of awarded UGC-NET JRF?

Dear sir, i am pursuing MA ECONOMICS Ist year, am i eligible for Phd entrance exam. if it possible what is the entrance study material. please give me sujjition.
5th February 2020, 10:42 PM
anjukrishnasgopal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thank You for your question. If you want to write the NET examination conducted by UGC, you should have a Master degree or you can write the exam while pursuing masters. UGC conducts the NET exam twice a year and it will be on the months of June and December. The application procedure for the exam will be notified by the UGC two months before the exam. You have to fill an application form in online mode on the official website of the exam which ask about your primary information and qualifications. Then you have to download the admit card and appear the examination.
5th February 2020, 11:07 PM
anjukrishnasgopal

Quote:
Dear sir, i am pursuing MA ECONOMICS Ist year, am i eligible for Phd entrance exam. if it possible what is the entrance study material. please give me sujjition.
Thank you for your question. Now you aren't eligible for the Ph D entrance exam because for applying for Ph D, you should need the Masters degree with minimum of 55%. You can study the materials you may have at the time of your M A.Questions of the entrance exam were of the topics you learned during your M A. Hope you get a clear guidance.
7th February 2020, 04:48 PM
amish25
Junior Member+

Quote:
Hello,
To be eligible for UGC NET exam, you must have minimum eligibility criteria as per the UGC Norms.

The UGC NET exam is a national level exam organized for the selection of candidates for assistant professor and junior research fellowship in the national universities and institutes.

The candidates can apply for the exam, who fulfill the eligibility criteria as given below:

Educational: The candidates must have completed the post graduation degree with more than 55% marks from the UGC approved universities.

The candidates in their final year or PG or who's result is awaited, are also eligible to apply for the UGC NET exam, however they need to complete their master's degree within two year from the result declaration.

Age limit: The age must be below 30 years for UGC NET JRF. While there is no criteria of minimum age limit for NET lectureship.

The reserved category candidates will be given some relaxation in minimum percentage and age criteria for JRF.

If you fulfill all the criteria you are eligible to apply for the exam. For Registration process, go to the official website and click on the apply online link.
Fill all the required details and application and submit.

All the best!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?