13th June 2013, 12:46 AM
Instromohan

Can I join electrical engineering stream for IES exam? I am pursuing EIE

Sir,
I'm pursuing my final year Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
May I choose Electrical Engineering stream for IES exam?
When should I apply for the exam?
What sort of work do I get?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for IES after pursuing B.E degree in the stream of instrumentation engineering
  2. What is the actual difference between Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Electrical Engineering? Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing Electrical & Electronics Engineering? How to prepare for this Exam?
  3. Which exams a graduate in electrical or electronics stream to appear for?
  4. Details about government sector engineering exams after B.Tech EIE? Information about IES exam?
  5. Previous years papers of IES Electrical Stream? Books to be referred for the electrical stream along with the name of their authors?
  6. Is it possible to join merchant navy while pursuing engineering in electrical and electronics stream?
  7. How to join Indian Air Force? I am pursuing final year engineering in electrical and electronics stream
  8. Which stream has maximum number of seats in IES either electrical or electronics? Which stream should I opt for the IES exam? I am IT graduate
  9. Am I eligible to give IES Exam being a candidate from EEE stream in B.Tech course?
  10. How can I get placed in Government or Private Electrical Companies being a candidate of pursuing final year BE in Electrical stream?
  11. Date of IES Exam? Syllabus of IES Exam for Electrical Engineering and Sample papers to prepare for the Exam?
  12. Complete Syllabus of IES Exam for Electrical stream?
  13. How to do masters in USA after pursuing electrical engineering? Which stream should I select for my masters?
  14. How can I join IAF as an electrical engineer? I am pursuing B.Tech first year from electrical and electronics engineering branch
  15. Am i eligible for IES exam after pursuing 4th year B.Tech Instrumentation engineering? What is the syllabus for IES?
  16. Will I leave my M.Tech degree in between and join IES or is there a provision that I can join IES just after completing my Post Graduation? -- [New]
  17. Can I apply for IES Exam in Electrical Engineering being a candidate of B.Tech in ECE?
  18. Names of the books that I should refer for IES exam? My branch is electrical -- [Most Discussed]
16th June 2014, 09:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join electrical engineering stream for IES exam? I am pursuing EIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instromohan View Post
Sir,
I'm pursuing my final year Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
May I choose Electrical Engineering stream for IES exam?
When should I apply for the exam?
What sort of work do I get?
IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination

If you have completed your Bachelor Engineering Degree course, then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination, But your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from these . M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES Exam.Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Yes , Final year candidate of engineering degree holder are eligible for IES Exam.

The applicant age should be in between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.

SC/ST = 5 years .
OBC =3 years .
PWD =10 years .
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years .

For more information about IES Exam , you may log into visit http://upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?