10th October 2010, 08:02 PM
karthikvarma

GPAT Exam information in detail? Syllabus, question papers and tentative dates?

hi i want to know full details about gpat? can u gve the exam date with total syllabus and previous question papers

13th October 2010, 01:18 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: GPAT Exam information in detail? Syllabus, question papers and tentative dates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikvarma View Post
hi i want to know full details about gpat? can u gve the exam date with total syllabus and previous question papers
Dear Friend,

GPAT(Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) is conducted under taken by the aegis of National Monitoring Committee(NMC) of All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE), New Delhi by The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara.
To get admission in M.Pharm in top listed ,renowned colleges you have sit in GPAT entrance exam.

Eligibility:
1:You should have the Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy

or
2:The Final year examination of B. Pharmacy in the current year also can apply for appearing for GPAT examination.

Exam pattern :

i)Examination will consist of a single paper of 3 hours duration containing 100 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks.

ii)The question paper will consist of only multiple choice objective-type

iii)1/3 (one-third) mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.

Syllabus:

1. Natural Products
2. Pharmacology
3. Medicinal Chemistry
4. Pharmaceutics
5. Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
6. Pharmaceutical Analysis
7. Biochemistry
8. Microbiology
9. Clinical Pharmacy

Some Reference Books:

1.Instrumental methods of Chemical Analysis by B. K. Sarma
2.Spectroscopy by Silverstein
3.Text Book of Pharmaceutical Analysis y K. A. Connors

4. Microbiology by Pelzar
5. Industrial microbiology by Cascida
6. Industrial microbiology by Prescott & Dunn

7. Text Book of Pharmacognosy by T. E. Walis.
8. Text Book of Pharmacognosy by Treas and Evans

The details syllabus as well as the previous year papers are in attachment below.

GPAT application forms are generally come out in the month of Jan-Feb and examination is held on May-June.

for the test series you may visit:http://gpatindia.com/gpat-2011/

Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: txt GPAT 2010 ques.txt(18.3 KB, 213 views)
File Type: txt gpat_syll.txt(3.7 KB, 163 views)
13th October 2010, 03:36 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: GPAT Exam information in detail? Syllabus, question papers and tentative dates?

There will be questions on natural products, pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical jurisprudence, pharmaceutical analysis, biochemistry, microbiology and clinical pharmacy. The detailed syllabus and previous question papers are available on the net. The gpat exam date is yet to be announced.
14th November 2010, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

sir i m study in 5th sem b.pharm. i want to give exam of gpat. can i applicable for gpat exam?
6th December 2010, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

HOW MUCH SEAT OF M.PHARMA FOR HANDICAP STUDENT ?
10th December 2010, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i want to know the requirement percentage in B.Pharma to appear in GPAT,pls replywaiting ur reply.i am vivek sharma B.Pharma with
UPTU in 2009 with 59.5%,i want to know may i appear in GPAT examination
11th January 2011, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

sir,
im bhargavi studying b.pharm final year.please give a information about future.either doing a job or further studies.please rply me sir
18th January 2011, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Myself is ritu raj g uru. I want to know that how much marks are requierd in GPAT entrance test for SC girls
17th February 2011, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

what is the qualification criteria for gpat exam
3rd April 2011, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

How many total seats r there in gpat.?
5th May 2011, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

what is the eligible rank for m.pharm
13th May 2011, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Plsss any1 send me list of m.pharm colleges and gpat cut off marks in those colleges. Send it to [email protected]
23rd June 2011, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir
myself shalini studing final year of b pharm wanted to know the qualification marks for free seat in m. pharm of B.C category.... plz reply 2 my id [email protected]
20th June 2012, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

sir plz tel me how meny gpat seats in india.
[email protected]
27th August 2012, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Negative marks are theire for wrong answer
9th August 2013, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

what we can get after passing the gpa ?
19th January 2015, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

hello good after noon sir i'm rohit pandram. i have 25 day for GPAT exam.so please sugges how should prepare to do .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?