15th September 2010, 01:32 AM
vikas2061

Income Tax Officer Exam: eligibility, syllabus, dates, previous year question papers?

Recently i have done graduation with b.com(h). plz provide me information regarding eligibility, sllabus,date on which i can apply for income tax [/COLOR]officer post, last ten year question paper with sollution....THANKS SIR

15th September 2010, 09:14 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Income Tax Officer Exam: eligibility, syllabus, dates, previous year question papers?

Dear Friend,

Its a great opportunity for you that your examination is going to be held in the next year 2011 as The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts this examination every year

Income Tax Officer Exam is conducted by SSC to recruit the Income Tax Officer.

However,there are some Eligibility criteria such as:

1.Qualification:

a)you should have any degree of a recognized University, or equivalent.
as you have done graduation in B.Com ,so you are positively eligible.

2.Age:

a:Your age should not be not less than 18 yers and not greater than 27 years on the first July of the year of examination

b) The age limit for the posts of Inspector of Income Tax, is 18-27 years as on March 2011

3.Physical Standards (Minimum)

a)Height :157.5cm
b)Chest :81cm ,fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm
c)Physical Test:
i)Walking:1600 meters in 15 minutes
ii)Cycling:8 Km in 30 minutes

4.Application form:

a)For the next exam the application form will be available from first week of February 2011 at SSC official website at http://www.ssconline.nic.in.

b)Last date for filling of the application is 2nd March, 2011

5.Selection Procedure:

a)There will be a Written Examination of all objective type questions.

b)Then an Personal Interview for for qualified students in the Written Test.

6.Syllabus:

a)General Intelligence:It consists of your ability of reasoning ,how much you can analysis a problem.

b)General English: It consists English Language and will be based on error recognition, fill in the blanks using verbs, preposition, articles etc, vocabulary, spellings, Grammar, sentence-structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, sentence completion, phrases and idiomatic use of words etc

c)Arithmetical Ability: It consists of problems relating to number systems, Computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions,percentages, ratio and proportions, averages, interest, profit & loss, use of tables and graphs, mensuration, time & distance, ratio and time etc

d)General Awareness: It consists of the general awareness of the environment around you and its application to society,

knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect .

The test will also include History, Geography, Economic, General policy, Scientific Research etc.

detail is in attachment below.
For more visit its official site:http://www.ssc.nic.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf income tax.pdf(37.5 KB, 10947 views)
16th September 2010, 12:22 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Income Tax Officer Exam: eligibility, syllabus, dates, previous year question papers?

Dear Friend................

See friend every year Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will occur at January.So there is a great opportunity for you to get the score this exam.

Income Tax Officer Exam is conducted by SSC to recruit the Income Tax Officer.

Some requirements of this exam are ............

1.Qualification:::----

a)candidate should have any degree of a renowned University, or equivalent.
as you have done graduation in B.Com ,so you are positively eligible.

2.Age:::---

a:Your age should not be not less than 18 yers and not greater than 27 years on the first July of the year of examination

b) The age limit for the posts of Inspector of Income Tax, is 18-27 years as on March 2011

3.Physical Standards :::---

a)Height :157.5cm (Minimum)
b)Chest :81cm ,fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm (Minimum)
c)Physical Test: (Minimum)
i)Walking:1600 meters in 15 minutes
ii)Cycling:8 Km in 30 minutes

4.Application form:::-----

a)For the next exam the application form will be available from first week of February 2011 at SSC official website at the following websires ....
http://www.ssconline.nic.in.

b)Last date of submission of the application is 2nd March, 2011

5.Selection Procedure:::-----

a)There will be a Written Examination of all objective type questions.

b)Then an Personal Interview for for qualified students in the Written Test.

6.Syllabus:::-------

General Intelligence:It consists of your ability of reasoning ,how much you can analysis a problem.General English: It consists English Language and will be based on error recognition, fill in the blanks using verbs, preposition, articles etc, vocabulary, spellings, Grammar, sentence-structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, sentence completion, phrases and idiomatic use of words etc
Arithmetical Ability: It consists of problems relating to number systems, Computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions,percentages, ratio and proportions, averages, interest, profit & loss, use of tables and graphs, mensuration, time & distance, ratio and time etc

detail is in attachment below.
For more visit its official site:::::::::----

http://www.ssc.nic.in

Wish you all the best........
16th September 2010, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

sir, i'm doing CA & b.com 2nd year. what should i do to become an income tax officer.
21st September 2010, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

BBA gradation accept for this post.
22nd September 2010, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i am valliappan wethwr english knowledge is importen to become an income tax officer.
my mail id is [email protected]
23rd September 2010, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir i am doing MCA my name is lakshmi what can i do sir, i interset in the course my mail id is [email protected]
9th October 2010, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

i am doing btech,inwhivh course i will take the exam
9th October 2010, 06:46 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

For income tax officer ssc conducts exam each year in the month of december.
Last time it some 900 seat.
There is no any such physical standards required.
You neeed to be a graduate from a recognised university
the paper is general compriening of
gk
english
reasoning
maths
all 12 standarrd
21st October 2010, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Where do i get the examination form jallandhar
23rd October 2010, 12:31 AM
NILESH P SHIGVAN

Dear Sir,
My Question is Can I Apply Now for Income tax Officer post???? & Register For This Exam
27th October 2010, 01:25 PM
rajesh ranvir

sir, i am doing B.E. so suggest me what con i do?? my e mail id is [email protected]
28th October 2010, 07:18 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by NILESH P SHIGVAN View Post
Dear Sir,
My Question is Can I Apply Now for Income tax Officer post???? & Register For This Exam
as far as exam for income tax officer is concerned you need to appear for the exam conducted by ssc each year.
For appearing in the exam you need to have graduate with 20 years of age
28th October 2010, 10:41 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

To appear for income tax officer exam you must first be a graduate.
So first of all complete graduation and revise or practice the previous year questions for understanding the concept and making command over it
1st November 2010, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

hello sir ,
this is durga gupta from hyderabad i want to hold a very good posts in commerce department like income tax officer or tax assistant or section auditor ;like this i completed my graduation in cimmerce and doing masters in commerce which is eligible post for where i can apply the commerce knowledge
2nd November 2010, 05:54 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir ,
this is durga gupta from hyderabad i want to hold a very good posts in commerce department like income tax officer or tax assistant or section auditor ;like this i completed my graduation in cimmerce and doing masters in commerce which is eligible post for where i can apply the commerce knowledge
The post of an Income officer is really very good and arespectful job. To fulfill your dream you just need to appear for the SSC exam as recruitment for the post of income officer or department of auditor is done through ssc only.
each year ssc conducts exam for the various such post and you can work hard and appear for the exam and get succeeded.
The question generally comprises of
reasoning
maths
english
and
General Awareness
2nd November 2010, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

sir i about to complete my graduation so please suggest which field i choosed my email id is [email protected]
5th November 2010, 02:03 PM
rakeshk

hi ,, sir i have 57% in b.com so i can also apply for this post as income tax officer & pls guied me which exam i crack 4 this post & which is best book for all these , by which i get more help in cracking the exam ,,, pls
16th November 2010, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

sir, my name is gaurav deshwal, & i am in the last year of my graduation sir, i am doing B.SC PHYSICS HONOURS can i apply for income tax officer exam? & which is the best book for this.pls give me complete information about it at my email [email protected]
23rd November 2010, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

i am doing b.tech (2nd year).. what should i do to become an income tax officer..
and can you mail previous year question papers at my email:- [email protected]
24th November 2010, 06:54 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

The staff selection board(SSC) conducts the Income tax officer exam year after year.
Since your from B.com background, hence your eligible for this exam.
But you even need to qualify in the age criteria i.e to have a minimum of 18 years-27 years.Relaxation is provided for the SC/ST candidates.
You even need to get selected in the physical standards and medical standards.
you can avail for the application from your cities head post office or online at the following website
http://www.ssconline.nic.in.

The test comprises of General English,General awareness,Arithematical ability,Geography,History,Economics.

all the best
24th November 2010, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i am 32 years of age and i did my graduation in B Com (Hon's) in the year 1999 under the Calcutta University. i wanted to know whether i can join the irs and for which post should i try. my email id is [email protected].
24th November 2010, 07:18 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

hello,

To appear Income Tax Officer Exam all the information given in this website:http://www.ssc.nic.in
for Syllbus go through:
http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/archive/Syllabus%20ITO-09_13072009.pdf

all the best.......
26th November 2010, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

I m in my final yr which gets over in this april...so m i eligible to apply for the written exam for income tax officer....
30th November 2010, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,

sir i am CA Final Student, but my b.com(h) percentage is 47, i.e., less than 50. Also i completed my B.com in 4 years. am i eligible to sit for the SSC examination for the ITO Post. ?? my email id is [email protected]
30th November 2010, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

dear sir/mam

i want to know that if my height is maximum 154.94,may i not become a income tax officer. please suggest me for increase my height on my E-Mail address: [email protected]

Shikhar chaurasia
1st December 2010, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir,

This is sujay i also want to appear for this exam....but i got only 59% in graduation (B.Com) & 63% in 12th (Commerce) even i done my MBA in finance from pune ..please guide me that m able to appear for this exam.....please mail me on this ID ([email protected]).....
9th December 2010, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

i m sonia,i m 2 yr bcom student,i wont to bcom a income tax officer,i dont know anything abt this feild,pls explain me step by step,wht entrance exam should i have to give etc
10th December 2010, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

I am Rakhi i also want to appear for this exam....but i got only 53% in graduation (B.Com) & 51% in 12th in M Comm.even i done my MBA in finance. I am 28 year old......please guide me that i am able to appear for this exam.....please mail me on this ID ([email protected]).....
13th December 2010, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

I ' M VIJAY LAXMI GAUR, i'm a ca student and pursuing b.com by correspondence i've secure 70% in both b.com 1st and b.com 2nd year , and 82 % in puc 2nd bt i've given a year gap in b.com , so my' query is that can i appear for ssc exam .
15th December 2010, 12:24 PM
chandukhandrika

sir iam chandu doing my ca inter and completed icwai inter, i want to write ITO in 2011 can any one help me pls . if u have any notes pls forward to [email protected]
15th December 2010, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

hello,i am doing b.tech .can i apply for the income tax inspector.
my email is [email protected] give me acknowledgement.
16th December 2010, 12:34 PM
anilkumar29

I am studying B.TECH IT can i apply for income tax officer .
my e-mail id is '[email protected]'please give me acknowledgement.
19th December 2010, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

hellow sir i'm msc student can i aply for income tax officer recruitment test plz reply my e-mail id is [email protected]
19th December 2010, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

i am ex serviceman. what should i do to become an income tax officer..
and can you mail previous year question papers at my email:- [email protected]
20th December 2010, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

is there any medical test also?my id is [email protected]
24th December 2010, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE ONE MORE EXAME CAN I APPLY
24th December 2010, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

How be A ITO..
28th December 2010, 09:02 PM

Hi, friends, i have completed my Bcom , now i want to appear for Income tax officer exam..so can any one tell me , how many exams are conducted for the post ? when the 1st exam gonna start ( is it in january 2011 , or july 2011 or december 2011 ) ? from where i'll get the form ? when is the last date to submit the form ? please help me out friends...my email id is [email protected] for your reply.
28th December 2010, 09:07 PM

Smile Re: Income Tax Officer Exam: eligibility, syllabus, dates, previous year question papers?

Hi friends, i have completed my Bcom now i want to appear for Income Tax Officer exam,,can any one tell me ki how many exams are conducted for the post ? When v'll be the 1st exam in 2011 ? when is the last date of submission of form ? from where i'll get the form ? pls help me out friends...my emali id is [email protected] for your reply...
29th December 2010, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

eye defat seen in selection or not

eye defat seen in the selection or not?

/
29th December 2010, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

thankyou
30th December 2010, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

i am jyoti nadheriya,i have done cs executive and graduation from commerce feculty.i want to know about ito
plz mail me at [email protected]
4th January 2011, 07:30 PM
nareshlath

pls tell me the last date of ITO exam, elegibulity etc.
6th January 2011, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

i am doing b.com from panjab university and doing c.a.can i apply for this exam
9th January 2011, 04:25 AM
Unregistered

Hi i have done b.com in 2009 from agra university and i would like to give the test can u send me solved papers and details of the examination and distance learning is valid or not plzzzzzzz inform @ [email protected]
10th January 2011, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

how to become an income tax officer.send it to [email protected]
10th January 2011, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

dear sir under 60% are eligiable for this exm andlast 5year solved paper ans send me my id [email protected]
11th January 2011, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

dear sir, i am doing C.A. and i want to know how to become an income tax officer and what is date for next examination and syllabus, eligibility.
send me ur answer on [email protected]
11th January 2011, 03:50 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

Income Tax Officer Exam: eligibility, syllabus, dates, previous year question papers
For income tax officer ssc conducts exam each year in the month of december.
Last time it some 900 seat.
There is no any such physical standards required.
You neeed to be a graduate from a recognised university
the paper is general compriening of
gk
english
reasoning
maths
all 12 standarrd

good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?