3rd January 2012, 12:21 AM
mycarrier1234

Required CGPA for me to appear for GATE Exam?

i m an nit student.
i belong to scheduled caste(sc). what cgpa should i maintain to appear for gate exams.

3rd January 2012, 08:17 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required CGPA for me to appear for GATE Exam?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This Exam is being conducted by Indian Institute of Science and 7 IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) jointly.

This Exam is being conducted to give admission for M.Tech in various colleges all over India.

There is no specific CGPA required for the candidate in order to be eligible for GATE Exam. Irrsepective of CGPA that a candidate has secured, if he finish the B.Tech course without any backlogs, he is eligible for GATE Exam.

Similarly, there is no minimum percentage of marks required by the candidate to be eligible for GATE Exam.

A mere completion of B.Tech course will make the candidate to be eliigible for GATE Exam.

Even the candidates who are pursuing final year of Engineering course are also eligible to apply for GATE Exam.

There is no specific age criteria that is required by the candidate to be eligible for GATE Exam. One can take up GATE Exam at any age.

In addition, the benefit to the candidates through GATE Exam is, the GATE score will be valid for a period of 2 years.

This means, if you have appeared for GATE Exam in 2 consecutive years, obviously, you can use the score card whichever is better in order to get admission for M.Tech course.

For this year, the last date to apply for GATE Exam.

So, if you are a candidate having interest to appear for this exam, you can appear for upcoming GATE Exam which is going to be conducted in the next academic year.

For detailed inforamtion on GATE Exam, you can visit
http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/
3rd January 2012, 11:09 AM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Red face Re: Required CGPA for me to appear for GATE Exam?

Hello dear,

The GATE exam is conducted all over India for the admission to the IITs and other renowned institutions. According to the gate score,you will be allowed to admit, and of course the best part is that you will also get a monthly stipend of about 8000-10000 as your financial aid.

So as far as GATE is concerned,there is no "point" about considering the so called"CGPA",you have to clear all the subjects and you should not have any standing arrears or backlog.

So,go for it, prepare well and you can do it.

regards,
yash
3rd January 2012, 02:27 PM
sahaja mallarapu

Hi Friend,

there no condition on CGPA to appear GATE.

to appera GATE you need to complete your engineering or
a candidate who is in his/her final year may also appear.

GATE score card is valid for two years. you can write GATE two consecutive years and you can use the better score card to get admission in M.Tech.

there is no age limit for GATE.

not only engineering graduate but any other graduate with maths or computers as their specialization can also appear for GATE.

All The Best
3rd January 2012, 07:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarrier1234 View Post
i m an nit student.
i belong to scheduled caste(sc). what cgpa should i maintain to appear for gate exams.

THE ELIGIBILITY FOR GATE EXAM:-

(a) Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology or its equivalent.

(b) Master’s degree holders in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Electronics/ followed by qualifications obtained through an examination conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.

(c) Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture/Design (for M Des program only)

(d) Master’s degree holders in Physics with Electronics/Instrumentation (for M Tech programs).

NOTE:-

>>There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply here maximum time.

>>There are no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

>>GATE score is valid for TWO years.

>>There is no marks criteria in GATE exam.

>>3rd year student are NOT eligible for This year GATE exam.

>>Only final year and pass out batch are eligible for 2012 GATE exam.

GATE 2012 NOTIFICATION:-

For more details you can visit to given link http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/

4th January 2012, 02:52 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

INFORMATION ON GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

GATE is an All India Entrance Exam which is organized and conducted by the IIT's and IIM's every year in the month of February to select candidates for the various M.Tech programs offered by colleges all over India.

Some of the main M.Tech colleges are : IIT's, NIT's, Jadavpur University, BITS, etc.

The Basic Eligibility Criteria's to apply for the GATE exam are :

• You should be a minimum graduate in B.E/B.Tech/B.Phar/B.Arch. from a recognized college or university. No specific CGPA is required. You have to pass in all semesters.
  • You can apply for the GATE even if you are in your final year of B.Tech.

• No age or attempts limits are also there.

So if you fulfill all the above stated criteria's surely you may apply for the GATE.

If you are in your pre final year, then you have to wait another year to apply for this exam. As from this year, the pre final year students are not eligible to apply for it.

This year, the GATE notification was released in October, and the application deadlines are over. So you cannot apply for the GATE 2012, if you haven't applied within that period.

However you may always apply next year.

This year the exam would be held on 12th February (OFFLINE) and 31st January (ONLINE) 2012.

If you wish to know more about this, Please Click Here

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
18th August 2013, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Hey sir....
I m a student of IIITDM jabalpur. I have 6.2 CGPA.
can i eligible for GATE Exam.
29th August 2013, 08:17 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

Hello dear friend there is no restriction of CGPA to appear in the GATE exam.If you passed in the degree you can write the exam.If you are in the final year of Btech also you can write.If you have backlogs in at final year also you can write,but you have to get a letter from your principle indicating that you have backlogs.
ALL THE BEST.
30th August 2013, 06:12 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey sir....
I m a student of IIITDM jabalpur. I have 6.2 CGPA.
can i eligible for GATE Exam.

GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the Exam conducted by IIT each year

Next GATE exams would be held in January 2014

Eligibilty to apply for the GATE exams is:

>> BE/BTECH/BARCH pass or Final year student

>> M.SC/MCA/MA with subjects/branch Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent

>> Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Five year programme).This programme should have been done just after passing class 12th

GATE PAPERS:
Aerospace Engineering
Instrumentation Engineering
Agricultural Engineering
Mathematics
Architecture and Planning
Mechanical Engineering
Biotechnology
Mining Engineering
Civil Engineering
Metallurgical Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Physics
Computer Science and Information Technology
Production and Industrial Engineering
Chemistry
Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Engineering Sciences
Electrical Engineering
Geology and Geophysics
3rd September 2013, 07:23 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

Dear aspirant,
There is no condition of GPA to appear in the GATE exam.If you are having minimum eligibility criteria you can write the GATE.If you have a bachelor degree or Master degree you can write the GATE exam.
ALL THE BEST
30th September 2013, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

i am currently studying Btech Final Year.what is the minimum CGPA required for gate online entrance examination.If we have backlogs we will be eligible for the entrance examination?
2nd January 2014, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

i am studying in amrita university. i am in 2 year i have cgpa of 6.2. In final year i can get maximum upto 7 am i ellgible for the gate exam?
27th March 2016, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

I am a first year student studying at GCE,Salem.
If I have history of arrear in second year then
whether am I eligible for GATE exam after finishing degree?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?