11th January 2011, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

Can an M.Tech(IT) student appear NET examination with 'Computer Science and Application' paper?

My subject is Information Technology...In NET exam,the students of computer science and application and the corresponding subjects are eligible only.is the student of M.Tech(IT),(govt,recognised) eligible for that exam?
regards,
Bidishachaudhuri.

11th January 2011, 08:46 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can an M.Tech(IT) student appear NET examination with 'Computer Science and Application' paper?

hi friend,
eligiblity criteria for net is master degree from a recognised university,so yes you are able for net exam.
12th January 2011, 07:57 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Can an M.Tech(IT) student appear NET examination with 'Computer Science and Application' paper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My subject is Information Technology...In NET exam,the students of computer science and application and the corresponding subjects are eligible only.is the student of M.Tech(IT),(govt,recognised) eligible for that exam?
regards,
Bidishachaudhuri.
Dear friend,
You are absolutely eligible for NET,a master degree require for that and you have it...
13th January 2011, 06:26 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can an M.Tech(IT) student appear NET examination with 'Computer Science and Application' paper?

Yes,of course M.tech students can definitely appear for NET exam for both Junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and Lectureship.
If your age is below 28 years then you can go through the JRF exam else your other option is Lectureship which doesn't consider the age limit.
You can go through the official website of the UGC NET for other such details

http://www.ugc.ac.in

You need to have an aggregate of around 55% to be eligible for this exam.If your from SC/ST/OBC category then there is relaxation of 5%.

The application forms are available at various branches Indian Bank and Oriental Bank of Commerce and the exam will be held on June.
28th May 2011, 10:52 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Talking Re: Can an M.Tech(IT) student appear NET examination with 'Computer Science and Application' paper?

Quote:
regards,
Bidishachaudhuri.
Hey friend,

NET - National Eligibility Test

Eligibility:
  1. The candidate must finish their Master's degree from a recognized university with 55% aggregate.For SC/ST/VH/PH candidates it is 50%.
  2. The candidates must appear with the subjects of their post graduation only.

The list of NET subjects along with their respective codes are as given below:

01 Economics
02 Political Science
03 Philosophy
04 Psychology
05 Sociology
06 History
07 Anthropology
08 Commerce
09 Education
10 Social Work
11 Defence and Strategic Studies
12 Home Science
14 Public Administration
15 Population Studies
16 Music
17 Management
18 Maithili
19 Bengali
20 Hindi
21 Kannada
22 Malayalam
23 Oriya
24 Punjabi
25 Sanskrit
26 Tamil
27 Telugu
28 Urdu
29 Arabic
30 English
31 Linguistics
32 Chinese
33 Dogri
34 Nepali
35 Manipuri
36 Assamese
37 Gujarati
38 Marathi
39 French
40 Spanish
41 Russian
42 Persian
43 Rajasthani
44 German
45 Japanese
46 Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non Formal Education.
47 Physical Education
49 Arab Culture and Islamic Studies
50 Indian Culture
55 Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management
58 Law
59 Library and Information Science
60 Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies
62 Comparative Study of Religions
63 Mass Communication and Journalism
65 Performing Arts – Dance/Drama/Theatre
66 Museology & Conservation
67 Archaeology
68 Criminology
70 Tribal and Regional Language/Literature
71 Folk Literature
72 Comparative Literature
73 Sanskrit Traditional Subjects
74 Women Studies
79 Visual Arts (including Drawing & Painting/Sculpture/ Graphics/Applied Art/History of Art)
80 Geography
81 Social Medicine & Community Health
82 Forensic Science
83 Pali
84 Kashmiri
85 Konkani
87 Computer Science and Applications
88 Electronic Science
89 Environmental Sciences
90 International and Area Studies
91 Prakrit
92 Human Rights and Duties
93 Tourism Administration and Management.

Thank you.
22nd June 2011, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

hi,
Can an M.Tech(computer science & engineering) student appear NET examination with 'Computer Science and Application' paper?
9th August 2011, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

are btech people eligible for the net exam if mca ppl are
19th September 2011, 03:26 PM
hrushi614

Quote:
are btech people eligible for the net exam if mca ppl are
hi friend,

NET exam only who are completing the P.G course students.

B.TEch students will not elible to write the NET exam.

M.C.A student comes under P.G so those people will elible for NET exam.

If you are interested means You have to complete P.G course. Better you Try M.Tech

all the best
16th November 2011, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

sir now iam doing BE In mechanical engg 3rd year sir my aim to become successfull ias officer.now am also preparing little bit along BE when i got free time but not sufficient for ias .my financial condittion is poor so i cannot join such expensive coaching classes some time i frusted so what i do after BE .should i do job.and also is any free coacing classes in delhi who provided free education for upsc aspirant if yess so plz tell the name of coaching.
6th December 2011, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

sir I mtech student i want to do phd in religious studies, is there any posibility plz show me @ [email protected]
becouse i've intrest in that i'm ready to take any step for it... plz guide me sir
28th April 2012, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

pls advise whether mech degree from karnataka state open university is eligible for net??
15th August 2012, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

UGC/CSIR NET are only for Post Graduates. A candidate can only apply in the subject of his Post-Graduation. M.Tech(IT, CS, Computer Technology) all are eligible for UGC-NET if they want to apply for Lectureship in Indian Universities mainly ugc recognized (TO GET SALARY BENEFITS AS PER UGC REGULATIONS). However, candidates having M.Tech can get post of assistant professor at AICTE approved colleges without clearing NET. Minimum requirement at AICTE approved colleges B.Tech/M.Tech, First class either at B.Tech or M.Tech.
28th August 2012, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Is their any Government Examination like IES for computer science student ? Please reply.
1st August 2013, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

I am donig my Mtech in computer sciece. What will be my subject if I am applying for the ugc net december 2013
1st August 2013, 08:33 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Since you have completed post graduation, it makes you eligible for the National Eligibility Test. Now to solve your confusion, the subject for you will be Computer Science and Applications.

If you have completed any computer related post graduation course then the subject will be Computer Science and Applications. Whether its M.Tech in Computer Science, M.Sc in Computer Science, Master of Computer Applications or even the M.Tech in Information Technology.

National Eligibility Test can be given in June and December. Obviously you can not appear for it in June therefore start preparing for the december exam. A lot of people don't take National Eligibility Test seriously. Let me tell you that it is quite a difficult exam to crack and therefore will need several months to prepare for it.

The criteria for National Eligibility Test remains the same regardless of the fact that you are applying for Junior Research Fellowship or the College Lectureship. The only thing which changes is the age criteria.

You also have the option to apply for the State Eligibility Test. The purpose of the test is same. Just this exam is conducted by each state separately.

NET Eligibility

1. You need to have Indian citizenship for this exam.

2. Master degree is the minimum requirement for the exam.

3. Degree with at least 55 percent marks.

4. SC/ST will need 50 percent marks in post graduation.

5. You can also appear during the final year of post graduation.

6. But should complete degree with required percentage and submit it in 2 years.

7. Subject as mentioned above is Computer Science and Applications.

8. There is no limit on attempts.

9. Must be at least 19 years old and less than 28 years for JRF.

10. Relaxation means the upper age limit is extended to 31 for OBC.

11. Upper age limit is 33 for SC/ST.

12. No upper age limit for the lectureship candidates.
2nd August 2013, 06:11 PM
tarjectory
Junior Member+

dear friend...
yes you can appear in net examination if you are below28 yr..
best of luck ....
23rd June 2014, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

what subject code an M.TECH (IT) student will mention in his/her form. what syllabus he/she will read?
Is it 87 as this is the code for computer science and also the same syllabus should us follow.

subodh
22nd July 2014, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am a b tech computer science graduate I want to appear in net but I dont have m tech degree l just want to sit in the exam can I appeR in the exam is this possible ?
11th September 2014, 01:49 AM
Unregistered

hi iam doing m.tech structural engineering under vtu ... which subject should i choose to write ugc net exam ?? please reply
15th February 2015, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

I'm pursuing my m.tech in computer aided structural engineering.I want to apply for ugc net in which subject I have to apply?
6th August 2015, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have complete my m tec in mech engg i which subject is best for me for net
27th June 2017, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir, I am studying M.tech(IT) as a on Job training for the period of 4 years course, Am I eligible for writing NET exam after my course completion?
Please suggest. Thanks in advance!
16th August 2017, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

I'm a post graduate from water and land management stream and engineering in civil. Which subject should be selected for KSET exam*
2nd September 2018, 12:50 PM

M.Tech (embedded systems) studied students are eligible for which subject in NET exam?
1st October 2018, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Can an M.Tech (electronics and communication) studied students apply for K-SET opting "electronic science" paper?
15th May 2020, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Whether an me/mtech graduate can apply for net exam?
17th May 2020, 11:36 AM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Lightbulb Re: Can an M.Tech(IT) student appear NET examination with 'Computer Science and Application' paper?

Yes, M. tech students can definitely appear for NET exam with Computer Science and application paper.

National Eligibility Test can be given in June and December. Obviously you can not appear for it in June therefore start preparing for the december exam.

Eligibility:

1. Must be at least 19 years old and less than 28 years for JRF.
2. Master degree is the minimum requirement for the exam.

3. Degree with at least 55 percent marks.

4. SC/ST will need 50 percent marks in post graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?