20th April 2012, 09:20 PM
jyoti koshti

What is the criteria for NRI students for admission in IIT? is there any separate entrance and quota for NRI students?

Plz let me know what is the criteria for nri students for admissions into IIT? Is there any separate entrance and quota for NRI students? My son is studying in Cambridge IGCSE X th grade.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the criteria for NRI students for admission into IIT? Is there any separate entrance and quota for NRI student?
  2. Procedure for admission in IIT Kanpur through NRI quota? Is there a separate entrance test?
  3. Is there any NRI quota in BITS Pilani for NRI students?
  4. What's the cut-off marks for NRI quota ? What's the fee structure and admission procedure through NRI quota?
  5. Criteria for NRI admission in SPA Delhi? Do NRI students have to appear for AIEEE and NATA?
  6. Do IIT colleges offer NRI quota for B.Tech courses?
  7. NRI quota for MBBS in government medical of Tamilnadu? What is the yearly fees in government medical college of Tamilnadu for NRI students?
  8. Is there any NRI quota for MBBS in government medical college?
  9. Is there any NRI quota in BITS Pilani?
  10. Any entrance exams for PG admission under NRI quota? Which medical colleges have NRI quota for PG courses? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What is the procedure and criteria for NRI students to join IIT in India?
  12. What's the eligibility criteria for taking admission in India under NRI quota? How may I take admission by Regular stream?
  13. NRI quota for MBBS in government medical colleges? Yearly charges in government medical colleges for NRI students?
  14. Does college of engineering, AP carry NRI quota for B.Tech course?
  15. Which is the best medical college? Total number of NRI seats? What is the fee structure? Cutoff marks for admission in NRI quota?
  16. Is there any NRI quota for engineering for Delhi Government Engineering Colleges?
  17. Mbbs - NRI Quota -- [New]
  18. How to join NRI quota? Procedure to join Anna University? I am an NRI student studying 12th in Muscat
18th January 2013, 10:08 PM
Saikiran M

Thumbs up Re: What is the criteria for NRI students for admission in IIT? is there any separate entrance and quota for NRI students?

Hi Jyoti,

NRI Quota was once started where Indian Kids living outside India got admission in the IIT's through their SAT scores. The NRI Quota was later stopped due to low quality of students. Presently, There is no special process for foriegn or NRI students for admission into IITs and IISc. Usually, they shall have to take up JEE and eventually qualify the exam with meritorious performance to get into IITs/IIsc.

A candidate is eligible if he/she has age less than 25 years and has attended 12 years(10+2 scheme or equivalent) of formal schooling.
Candidates have been allowed to take the JEE a maximum of two (2) times.

Good Luck!
3rd September 2013, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the criteria for NRI students for admission in IIT? is there any separate entrance and quota for NRI students?

Will a child be eligible for NRI quota, if the last 2 years of education is carried out in Chennai? Is there any diff in fee for NRI ? If so how much ? Plz let me know.
18th October 2013, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the criteria for NRI students for admission in IIT? is there any separate entrance and quota for NRI students?

My A level(12th equivalent) results will come out in August 2014....will I be able to sit for jee mains and advanced and given a conditional offer until my results are out?
20th January 2015, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My A level(12th equivalent) results will come out in August 2014....will I be able to sit for jee mains and advanced and given a conditional offer until my results are out?
Hi did you check out recent article that IIT is out of bounds for NRI's etc? Google it! But how far is it true? The websites dont have any info on that. Weird. I too am sailing in the same boat. My son will do his A LEVELS IN UK and try IISC by applying for IIT JEE. But is he eligble is the big question. Can some kind soul answer this reliably? I sent a detailed mail to IISC but they gave a vague reply ''as per admission process in website'' ....can u imagine that??
2nd April 2015, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI STUDENT IN IIT COURSE
11th August 2015, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Default have got any information regading your query

Hi
As you asked qustion in this forum regarding NRI student can seat in JEE exam and can get admission in IIT ?
have you gor any information related to this . As i am in same boat and this information will helpful to me a lot.
i will be gratefull If anyone having information kindly reply here or on my email [email protected].
regards

Raj
25th January 2016, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Which exam should a NRI student write to get admission in IISC?
23rd December 2016, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Hi Did you get answer to your questions. I am in similar situation. Usually at A levels students do not take any languages .They do languages at GCSE level. Would there be issue for admissions into IIT. One of clauses says they can consider previous years' language score

Thanks
3rd September 2022, 08:37 AM
Unregistered

what percentage is needed in the 12th board for a nepali student to take JEE ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?