26th April 2012, 06:32 PM
Abhipsha Das

What's the eligibility criteria for CLAT? Am I eligible for CLAT if I passed 12th CBSE board with compartment(50% marks)?

If i passed in the compartmental (supplementary) of 10+2 CBSE board with the 50% aggregate as required for appearing in CLAT exam, will i still b able to appear?

And can i otherwise appear for CLAT in +3 arts 1st year?

15th May 2012, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What's the eligibility criteria for CLAT? Am I eligible for CLAT if I passed 12th CBSE board with compartment(50% marks)?

Sir i have d same doubt ...
i appeared in all india 12th board exam CBSE 2012 ..
if i clear my compartment in physics n also crack CLAT ...
can i still enter into a good college ??
when are d results of compartment published ??
15th May 2012, 07:54 PM
rachender singh

Thumbs up Re: What's the eligibility criteria for CLAT? Am I eligible for CLAT if I passed 12th CBSE board with compartment(50% marks)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhipsha Das View Post
If i passed in the compartmental (supplementary) of 10+2 CBSE board with the 50% aggregate as required for appearing in CLAT exam, will i still b able to appear?

HELLO FRIEND,
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT), is a centralised test for admission to National Law Schools in India.It is conducted by 14 National Law Schools/Universities for admissions to their under-graduate and post graduate degree programmes (LL.B & LL.M)

Eligibility

To be eligible to appear in CLAT-2012, a candidate should have obtained a Senior Secondary School/Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent qualification from a recognised Board with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/OBC and PWD). Candidates who have appeared in the 10+2 examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear in the test.o Age of candidate should not be more than 20 years in case of General/OBC candidates (22 years in case of SC/ST and persons with Disability)as on 1st July, 2012.

OR
The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination at the time of his/her admission and be able to submit its proof.
Subject to State reservation at the University concerned.

OR

To be eligible for appearing in CLAT-2012, a candidate should have obtained a LL.B/B.L. Degree or an equivalent degree from a recognised University with not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% in case of SC/ST /OBC and persons with Disability)

SO, you are eligible.
thanks
2nd June 2012, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What's the eligibility criteria for CLAT? Am I eligible for CLAT if I passed 12th CBSE board with compartment(50% marks)?

sir i have compatment in physics ,after clearing my compartment exam with more than 50% can i give CLATexam.
2nd June 2012, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

i have got compartment in 12th and if i clear it will i be eligible for admissions
26th June 2012, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

Sir I passed 10 2 Exam (RBSE Board) in 2008 with 60.15% . Am I eligible for CLAT-2013 ?
15th July 2012, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

which is the best law school under clat?
20th July 2012, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Is there any possibility to do post graduation in law if i have 50% in my graduation?
4th August 2012, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

what,s the eligibility criteria for clat after graduation?
5th August 2012, 06:15 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

CLAT - COMMON LAW ADMISSION TEST is an entrance exam conducted by top Law Institutes in India for admission to Five years Integrated Law Degree.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CLAT:-

-The candidate must be an Indian Citizen
-Should have either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board with at least 50% marks(45% for SC/ST candidate).
-Should be within the age of 20 years

If you have passed 12th with 50% marks within the age of 20 years, you will be eligible to apply for CLAT. No matter you pass 12th CBSC Board with compartment or through regular.

For more information you may log on to http://www.clat.ac.in
5th September 2012, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

hi sir iam 24yrs nw i am eligible for CLAT or not
25th September 2012, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

What's the eligibility criteria for CLAT? Am I eligible for CLAT if I passed b.com with 50% marks?
18th October 2012, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have also passed 12th with 50%marks compartment, i m general candidade my DOB:22nd april 1993 will i eligible for CLAT ?
12th December 2012, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

sir my d.o.b. is 22-03-1993....am I eligible to give CLAT 2013
31st December 2012, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

i have persued b.tech in computer science AND WANT TO APPEAR IN CLAT 2013 AM I ELIGIBLE
31st December 2012, 11:00 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test and it is an All India Entrance Examination . This Examination is conducted by 14 National Law Universities.

To apply for this CLAT Examination, the candidate should complete your 12Th Standard (or) Equivalent Examination in any discipline from recognized University .

The Candidate should score not less than 50% marks and If you belong from sc/st candidate than relaxation will applicable for 5% Percentage of marks .

The candidate age should not be more than 20 Years and Upper age relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates .

CLAT Examination Pattern :-

=Current Affairs
=Legal Aptitude
=Logical Reasoning
=Elementary Mathematics
=General English
=General Knowledge

Books for CLAT Examination :-

~~ Comprehensive Book of English Grammer by Dr. B. B. Jain
~~ Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning by Panel of Experts
~~ Practice Papers for CLAT by Gaurav Mehta
~~ Study Package for CLAT and LLB Entrance Examinations by AP Bhardwaj
~~ Coaching Centers for CLAT
~~ CLAT Entrance Examination by Mazumdar Rituparna
~~ CLAT Entrance Examination Guide by RPH Editorial Board
~~ Common Law Admission Test by HemaRaman
~~ Common Law Admission Test by Lal and Mishra.

Coaching Classes for CLAT Examination :-

=Goyal Academy
=Innovation
=Institute of Judicial Study
=Piyush law Academy
1st January 2013, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

i m a B.com graduate wid 43.8% marks wid honors,( in honors i have 50% marks ) m a reserved ST category m i eligible for CLAT entrance xam.
1st January 2013, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

i m a B.com graduate wid 43.8% (wid 50% marks in honors) m a Schedule Tribe (ST) m i eligible for CLAT
1st January 2013, 07:23 PM
artigoyal52

hi dear,
CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test.
CLAT Eligibility

Eligibility for Under-Graduate Programs: To be eligible to appear in CLAT, a candidate should have obtained a senior secondary school/intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized board with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/OBC and PWD)

Eligibility for Post-Graduate Programs: To be eligible for appearing in CLAT, a candidate should have obtained a LL.B/B.L. Degree or an equivalent degree from a recognized university with not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% in case of SC/ST /OBC and persons with Disability)
4th January 2013, 09:49 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

The eligibility criteria for CLAT Exam are as follows:

The candidate need to complete 10+2 or being appeared in 10+2 from a recognized board in India.

The age limit for the exam is not more than 20 years.

If the candidate is having an age of 20 years and above the candidate will not be eligible for the exam.

There is relaxation of age and percentage criteria for reserved candidates.

Thank you,

All the best.
15th January 2013, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

how much marks are needed in CLAT 2013 to get admission in best university of law???
6th February 2013, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

I have done with my graduation with Zoology. I want to know that whether i am applicable for CLAT 2013 post graduates courses??Can I apply for this ?Kindly reply as soon as possible.
27th February 2013, 12:16 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.......

yes you are eligible for the CLAT exam after completing the 12th standard.

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. This exam conducted by Seven Law Institute of India.

Eligibility:

You should pass the 12th standard from any recognized state board of India.

You should pass the min 55% of marks in 12th standard.

12th standard incomplete candidates are not eligible.

You should be citizen of India.

CLAT Examination Pattern:

Elementary Mathematics

General English

General Knowledge

Current Affairs

Legal Aptitude

Logical Reasoning

All the best...........
27th February 2013, 12:19 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Yes,if you get failed in previous exam and you have passed in supplementary exam,then also you will be eligible to appear in the CLAT(Common Law Admission Test) Exam.
As you meet the minimum educational qualification,thus you can appear in this exam and you can apply for it.

Other Eligibility you will have to fulfill are :-

-->>If you belong from the General/OBC then your age should be below 20 years.
-->>If you belong form the SC/ST then your age should not be above 22 years.

Marks :-
-->>If you belong from the General/OBC category then your minimum marks in 10+2 should be 45%.
-->>If you belong from the SC/ST then your minimum marks in 10+2 should be 40%.

Exam Pattern :-
-->>There will be 5 sections from which the questions will be asked.
-->>Total number of questions will be 200.
-->>Total duration for this exam will be 2 hours.

Syllabus for CLAT 2013 :-
-->>Logical Reasoning.
-->>Legal Aptitude.
-->>Numerical Ability.
-->>>English Comprehension.
-->>General Knowledge and Current Affairs.

Marks Distribution for Each section is as Follows :-
-->>Logical Reasoning - 40 Marks.

-->>Legal Aptitude - 50 Marks.
-->>Numerical Ability - 20 Marks.
-->>>English Comprehension - 40 Marks.
-->>General Knowledge and Current Affairs - 50 Marks.

In order to apply for this exam-->> Click Here .
27th February 2013, 07:55 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to apply for CLAT after 12th provided you fulfill other eligibility criteria.

CLAT - Common Law Admission Test conducted by National Law universities for admission to 5 yeras Integrated LL.B(Bachelor of Law) Degree after 12th.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen having completed 12th with 50% marks in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 20 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For furtherinformation one may log on to http://www.clat.ac.in
27th February 2013, 04:27 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:

HI!
COMMON LAW ADMISSION TEST

C.L.AT exam is conducted by National Law University, Jhodpur once in a year.

I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for C.L.A.T exam after passing 12th with 50% marks.

IMPORTANT DATE FOR CLAT EXAM:-
> DATE OF NOTIFICATION:- 15-JAN-2013
> LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION OF FORM:-30-MAR-2013
> DATE OF EXAM:-12-MAY-2013
> DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULT:-31-MAY-2012

For more detail log on to www.clat.ac.in

ALL THE BEST!
27th February 2013, 07:20 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir my d.o.b. is 22-03-1993....am I eligible to give CLAT 2013
CLAT exams are conducted for admissions to National Law colleges.

Eligibilty to apply for the CLAT exams is:

Educational Qualifications : 12th Pass with Minimum 45% marks

Age- Maximum age to apply is 20 years
Candidates should be below 20 years of age as on 1st July 2013

So, you are not eligible to apply for the CLAT 2013 exams
27th February 2013, 08:28 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Hi the minimum eligibility for appearing in CLAT is that you should be having a minimum of 50% marks in your senior secondary class.
Yes you are eligible of giving the exam even if you scored 50% aggregate marks after compartment.
27th February 2013, 08:39 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Full form of CLAT is Common Law Admission Test and conducted for admission for LLB & LLM course and it is a All India Level Entrance examination . The course into finest of National Law Universities in India .

CLAT Examination is divided into two categories ::

-LLB
-LLM

LLB Eligibility Criteria ::

-One should has completed their 12th examination course from a recognized Institution or equivalent qualification .
-One must secure at least 50-60% marks in their intermediate examination .
-Any discipline candidate can apply for this examination .
-SC/ST and reserved categories must secure at lest 45% marks in their examination .
-The candidate must have a maximum age limits to apply for LLB Exam is 20 years for General/OBC candidates and 22 years for reserved categories .

LLM Eligibility Criteria ::

-One should has completed their degree course from a recognized Institution or equivalent qualification .
-One must secure at least 55% marks in their intermediate examination .
-Any discipline candidate can apply for this examination .
-SC/ST and reserved categories must secure at lest 50% marks in their examination .
-Final year of degree course may also eligible .
-There is no age bar .

CLAT Exam Pattern ::

-General English
-Legal Aptitude
-Numerical Aptitude
-General Knowledge/Current Affairs
-Logical Reasoning

CLAT accepting College list ::

30th March 2013, 04:31 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

After giving the compartment exam and successfully getting the pass marks you can sit for the CLAT Exam. While you are in the first year then also you can give the exam but what needs to be remembered is for the LLB course the upper age limit is 20 years for general category candidates. Your age should not exceed the upper age limit by any chance.

For students interested in studying law, CLAT is the ideal exam. Be it LLB or LLM both can be pursued by giving this exam. Fourteen National Law Universities takes part in this exam and every year each university in turn conducts the exam. This year Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU) is conducting the exam.

As you know already that to sit for the CLAT exam you need to successfully complete the HS exam or its equivalent from a recognized board. In addition to that you need to get minimum 50% of marks at 10+2 level.

If you are a SC/ST/OBC or physically handicapped candidate then you need to secure 45% of marks at 10+2 level. Even final year students can also appear for this exam.

For General and OBC candidates the upper age limit is 20 years. For SC/ST candidates there is upper age limit. For them the upper age limit is 22 years. For persons with disability too the upper age limit is also 22 years.

There will be a total of 200 questions of 200 marks. So each question will carry one mark. The total duration of the exam is two hours. It should be noted that earlier there was no negative marking as such. But from now onward for every wrong answer you give 0.25 marks will be deducted from your original score.

Give importance to the following areas: English including Comprehension, General Knowledge/ Current Affairs, Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability), Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.

Hope this helps :-> :->
1st May 2013, 08:58 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What's the eligibility criteria for CLAT? Am I eligible for CLAT if I passed b.com with 50% marks?
Yes Off Course you're applicable for CLAT Entrance after completing you're B.com Course ... 12th Standard is the Minimum qualification to appear in CLAT Entrance Examination ..

You have Complete B.com Course ,, So definitely you're applicable for CLAT Entrance Examination ..

CLAT stands for (Common Admission Test).. This Entrance Examination is necessary for the candidate who aspiring to get admission for LLB Course ..

Eligibility Criteria for CALT Examination :-

~~ Applicant should be Citizen of India

~~ Applicant should be Compete 12th standard or equivalent Examination in any discipline from recognized university ..

~~ Applicant age should be less then 20 years and Upper age relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates ..

~~ Applicant need to score Minimum 50% Percentage of marks

CLAT Examination Pattern :-

-Elementary Mathematics: 20 questions
-General English: 40 questions
-General Knowledge/Current Affairs: 50 questions
-Legal Aptitude: 45 questions
-Logical Reasoning: 45 questions

You may apply for this Entrance Examination by Visiting the Official website of CLAT Entrance Examination ..

For More Information Please Visit :- http://www.clat.ac.in/
2nd May 2013, 02:29 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Once you clear the papers with compartment, you will be eligible for the Common Law Admission Test. The CLAT entrance exam is conducted for 14 National Law Universities in the country.

To appear for the Common Law Admission Test the candidate must have cleared the 12th standard. At the time of admission the candidate has to submit documents related to 12th standard therefore it is necessary that you clear the 12th standard.

Common Law Admission Test offers admission in the integrated LLB course. This course include a bachelor degree like Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Business Administration etc along with the LLB course.

The duration of this course is 5 years. Those who will clear the Common Law Admission Test can apply for this course in top law universities of the country. However admission will depend on how much marks you have obtained in the test.

CLAT Eligibility

1. Candidate has to complete 12th standard.

2. 45 percent marks are required in 12th.

3. 40 percent for SC/ST required to appear for CLAT.

4. Age of the candidate should not be more than 20 years.

5. There is 2 years relaxation for SC and ST students.

Exam Pattern

General Knowledge

Current Affairs

General English

Logical Reasoning

Elementary Maths

Legal Aptitude
22nd March 2014, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

i am afraid that i would get a compartment.am i eligible to sit for clat this year..?
13th October 2014, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

what are the qualification needed for CLAT exam
27th May 2015, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir/ ma'am. I got 70% marks after compartment in physics in class 12 cbse board and my age is 18 do I am eligible for clat. Do any one university among 14 in india wil accept me as a clat student.
12th August 2016, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

What's the eligibility criteria for CLAT? Am I eligible for CLAT if I passed 12th UP Board in art .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?