20th January 2011, 10:08 PM
Deepak Sarda

Am I eligible for SBI PO exam with 58% in 12th and 60% in graduation?

i have 58% marks in class 12th and 60% marks in gruduation so i can fight the sbi po exam

Related Questions:
  1. Is the student eligible for SBI Bank PO exam after scoring 57% in 12th and 83% in graduation and PG?
  2. Am I eligible for SBI PO exam after passing 12th with 58% and graduation with 55%?
  3. Eligibility for SBI PO exam after MCA, 60% marks in graduation, 54% in 12th and 60% in 10th standard?
  4. Eligibility for SBI PO examination after 10th with 70%, 12th with 78%, graduation with 58% and post graduation with 70%? -- [New]
  5. Am I eligible for SBI exam after doing graduation with 75% and 49% in 12th?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for SBI PO post if I have 49% marks in Graduation?
  7. Am I eligible for SBI PO Positions having scored 53.6% in 12th class and 65% in Graduation?
  8. Am I eligible for SBI PO after scoring 59% in 12th and 73% in graduation
  9. Am I eligible for SBI PO exam after scoring 53% in 12th, 64% in graduation and 67% in PG
  10. Am I eligible for SBI PO Exam having secured 81% in 10th, 82% in 12th and 54% in Graduation?
  11. Am I eligible for SBI bank PO exam after scoring 51% in graduation and 65% in PG?
  12. Am I eligible for SBI Bank PO exam with 49.5% in graduation and 68% in masters?
  13. Am I eligible for SBI PO with 69% in 10th, 48% in 12th and 50% in graduation in SC category?
  14. Am I eligible to give the exam for SBI PO and IBPS PO after scoring 85% in 10th, 83% in 12th
  15. Am I eligible for SBI PO after scoring 53.6% in 12th board, 65% in graduation and 60% in PG?
  16. Am I eligible for SBI PO exam with 58% in 12th and 60% in graduation?
  17. Eligibility criteria for SBI PO? I have scored 60% in 10th, 76% in 12th and 46% in graduation
  18. Am I eligible for SBI PO exam after scoring 55.85% marks in graduation?
21st January 2011, 03:20 AM
prtk.co

Default Re: Am I eligible for SBI PO exam with 58% in 12th and 60% in graduation?

Yes you are eligible for this exam because the basic eligibility for this exam is you must to be a citizen of india .Your age is must in between 21 to 30yrs.And you must have score 60% in yous graduation.
21st January 2011, 07:05 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for SBI PO exam with 58% in 12th and 60% in graduation?

You did not mention the category to which you belong.

If you belong SC/ST then, you are eligible to appear for SBI po exam. And if you belong to General category and others category, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible.

Here is the eligibility criteria for SBI po exam.
For general and others:
60% of marks in 10+2 or equivalent exam and 55% in graduation.
For SC and ST:
55% in 10+2 and 50% aggregate at graduation level.

Your age should be in between 21-30 years.

These details are as per the sbi previous notification.

Currently SBI clerical exam is going to be held and no announcement made about the recruitment of probationary officers by SBI
21st January 2011, 07:43 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for SBI PO exam with 58% in 12th and 60% in graduation?

I think you are not eligible for SBI exam for PROBATIONARY..

as minimum eligiblity criteria is One must completed his graduation with atleast of 55% aggreagate and 12th class with a percentage of 60% for probationary..

and for clerical one need to clear 12th class with a minimum percentage of 60%..(or in highest degree)

but i think you can be elgible for CLerical as accarding to heighest degree you have 60% but not for probationary officer....
21st January 2011, 09:21 AM
rks_estate

Dear,

Yes, you are eligible for SBI Bank PO exam with 58% in 12th and 60% in graduation.

Eligibility for SBI Bank PO Exam: -

State Bank of India is the most common and nationalized bank of India which is conducting the Probationary officer exam for recruiting candidates for the post of PO. SBI invites all the Indian eligible candidates to fill online application forms to be recruited as for the post of PO.

Eligibility Criteria: -

•Candidate must be citizen of India.

•Candidate should have completed their graduation with at least 60 % aggregate from the recognized University to be eligible for this course.

•Candidate must be computer literate to be eligible for this course.

•Candidate must be above 21 years of age and must not be more than 30 years of age.

All the Best
21st January 2011, 10:54 AM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

For general category candidate, in order to sit for SBI PO exam you need to have 60% in 12th & 55% in graduation .

For Reservation category candidate, in order to sit for SBI PO exam you need to have 55% in 12th & 50% in graduation .

So if you belong to general category then you are not eligible otherwise you are eligible.
21st January 2011, 11:15 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

As per the notification in 2010 the bank was specific that in 12th standard the candidate should have got a minimum of 60% marks and in graduation a minimum of 55% marks. You have 60% in graduation but in 12th standard you do not meet the criteria. So you will not be eligible for this entrance exam. The eligibility criteria varies from bank to bank. So you need to be on the look out for similar advertisements by other bank.
21st January 2011, 05:32 PM
Shyam kumar patel

good morning sir,
yes sir you apply any time when the sbi issue the application.
thank you
21st January 2011, 09:57 PM
sambrita

the eligibility well it depends on factors like if ur general or st/sc/pwd or degree in certain courses or having experience etc. also diffrent banks has different eligibity criteria.

when they invite applications for bankjobs they also specify the eligibilities. so u can know whether its mathing urs or not.

gud luck
6th April 2011, 10:48 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can definitely apply because the basic criteria are:

1) You should be citizen of India.

2) You should have a minimum of 55% marks throughout your graduation (relaxation for SC/ST)

3) You should have a degree in computer from NIT's or other institutes.

4) Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years.
7th April 2011, 09:36 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes, you can apply in for SBI PO exam with 60% in graduation.

as minimum 60% marks in graduation is require to join in SBI PO for general candidate.

age limit 21-28 years.

all the best...........
7th April 2011, 11:57 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Yes you are eligible for SBI PO exam as you have got 60 % in your Graduation.

Eligibility criteria for SBI Bank :-

A) Educational qualifications :-
1) You need to have a degree from a recognized University or any equivalent examination recognized as such by the Government of India.
2) You need to have fundamental computer skill.

B) Age limit :-
Your age should be within 21 - 28 years on the 1st January of the year of examination.
Relaxation in Upper Age limit :-
1) For SC/ST :- 5 years
2) For OBC :- 3 years

Regards
Kapila
31st May 2011, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Sir this is raju ..i have 55%in my 10th and 45% in my inter and 60% in degree and 65% in my MBA ...and my caste is SC.....so does am eligible to write theSBI PO exam..plz am waiting for ur reply
31st May 2011, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir dis is kranthi...i have secured 55% in 10th &48%in inter & 59%in my degree& 68% in MBA..and i belongs to SC (caste)so does am eligible to write SBI PO exam
22nd June 2011, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

i have got 57% in 12th and 70% in my graduation am i eligible for SBI PO?
my category is obc but may be creamy layer
kindly provide me exact answer or any source from where i can get this information.
15th April 2012, 10:50 PM
a444

defenetly you are qualified.

Eligibility criteria for SBI Bank :-

A) Educational qualifications :-
1) You need to have a degree from a recognized University or any equivalent examination recognized as such by the Government of India.
2) You need to have fundamental computer skill.

B) Age limit :-
Your age should be within 21 - 28 years on the 1st January of the year of examination.
Relaxation in Upper Age limit :-
1) For SC/ST :- 5 years
2) For OBC :- 3 years
3rd April 2013, 01:18 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak Sarda View Post
i have 58% marks in class 12th and 60% marks in gruduation so i can fight the sbi po exam
Yes you are eligible to sit for this exam. To know in details about the exam please read the information below. Hope this will help you further to clear your doubts.

SBI PO Exam Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You need to be a citizen of India.
  • You need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.
  • The lower age limit for this exam is 21 years and the upper age limit is 30 years.
  • There is age relaxation for the following categories: SC/ST Candidates: 5yrs, OBC Candidates: 3 yrs and PWD Candidates: 10 yrs.
  • It is important for the candidate to know how to operate computer.

Selection Procedure and Exam Pattern:-

There is a two phase selection process one needs to go through. First is the written examination which is followed by an interview session and group discussion. There is marks allotted for both the stages of selection. Therefore good performance in both the stages is important.

The first phase can be divided into two parts: Objective Test and Descriptive Test. The descriptive test is all about testing the english skills of the candidate so there will be questions on comprehension, precis, short story, letter writing and essay.

Areas to cover for objective test:

-English Language
-General Awareness
-Data Analysis and Interpretation
-Reasoning

The final phase or Phase II comprises of Group discussion and interview session. A total of 50 marks have been allotted for this round. Marks obtained in the written exam is converted to out of 75 marks and the marks obtained in the interview session is converted to out of 25 marks.

Please Note:- This year there is a vacancy of 1544 seats. The exam is due in 8th April 2013.

Hope this helps :-> :->
3rd April 2013, 04:36 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

State Bank of India conducts the Probationary Officer (PO) exam on the annual basis. It remains to be the largest bank in the country both in public sector as well the private sector.

To be eligible for the SBI Bank PO the marks obtained in graduation are considered. The percentage in 12th standard is completely irrelevant if applying for the Bank PO entrance exam by the SBI.

Unfortunately you are short in percentage to appear for the SBI Bank PO. To be eligible your percentage should be 65 percent in graduation while in your case it is 60 percent marks in graduation.

You can appear if belongs to the reserve category. Otherwise it is not possible to do so. There is no need to be disappointed in such situation since there is Bank PO exam by Institute of Banking Personnel Services which is suitable for you.

While SBI conducts its own exam, other Public Sector Banks rely on Institute of Banking Personnel Services to conduct this entrance exam. In the IBPS Bank PO a total of 19 Public Sector Banks participates.

You will definitely be eligible for Bank PO if your age is under 30 years. Therefore if you do not belong to reserve category please apply for the IBPS Bank PO.

SBI Bank PO Eligibility

1. The requirement is graduation degree in any discipline.

2. At least 65 percent marks should be obtained in graduation.

3. Reserve category students should be able to secure minimum of 60 percent marks.

4. The age limit is 21 to 30 years for the exam.

5. Upto 3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

IBPS Bank PO

1. A valid degree (graduation) is required.

2. There is no percentage criteria.

3. The age limit is 20 to 30 years.

5. Relaxation is 3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC/ST and 10 years for PWD.
3rd April 2013, 10:29 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have got 57% in 12th and 70% in my graduation am i eligible for SBI PO?
my category is obc but may be creamy layer
kindly provide me exact answer or any source from where i can get this information.
YES, you are eligible to apply for the SBI PO exams.

Below is the Eligibilty to apply for this exams:

YES, you can apply for the SBI PO exams.

Below is the Eligibilty Criteria for the SBI PO exams:

Education-
Graduation pass in any stream.
No minimum percentage of marks is required in Graduation

Age-
Minimum 21 years
Maximum- 30 years

Age Relaxations;
OBC- 3 years
SC/ST- 5 years

Chances:
General candidates- 4 times
OBC candidates- 7 times

Questions will be asked from the below sections:
Test of English Language (Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc)
Test of General Awareness, Marketing and Computers
Test of Data Analysis and Interpretation
Test of Reasoning (High Level)
4th April 2013, 09:23 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Educational qualification required for SBI PO exam is bachelor degree , not require any kind of percentage marks .Final year of the candidate are applicable for SBI PO Exam.

You have completed graduation degree so you are applicable for SBI PO Exam .

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for reserved category .

Topics for SBI PO exam-

Reasoning
Quantitative Aptitude
General Awareness
General English
Computer knowledge

There is a descriptive papers also .

After the written they should conduct GD round .If you have qualified in GD round you are eligible for Personal Interview section .

The Best Books for SBI PO Exam are -

SBI probationary officers and associate banks Examination Guide
by R. Gupta
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House-Delhi

State Bank Probationary Officers Examination
by T.S. Jain
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan

SBI P O Solved Papers
by G.K.P.
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

For notification or on line application click on the link www.statebankofindia.com/
4th April 2013, 02:14 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Deepak,

The acronym for SBI is State Bank of India.

The acronym for PO is Probationary Officer.

Yes Definitely, you are eligible for SBI PO examination with your educational qualification and percentile.

All tell about how to prepare for Bank PO. But, today I am going to inform you the Role or Duties of Probationary Officer. To know these matters, is also necessary. These informations help you at the time of Personnel Interview.

A Bank Probationary Officer (PO) in the bank is the starting level appointment for bank officers and the promotional prospects are quite healthy with the work as it defining the limit for the candidate's success. Job profile of PO (Probationary Officer) is General Banking, administration work and any other work assigned by the Bank from time to time.

Here is the details regarding with PO duties mentioned as below:-

* Bank PO(He/She) generally assigned to various responsibilities, as directed by the Sr. Manager. They are trained for accounting, marketing, finance, investment as well as billing.

* The Bank PO also work on increasing other aspects of the bank's business such as the loan department, the mortgage and finance divisions of the bank.

* Handling customer complaints and issues is also the responsibility of the Bank PO.

The eligibility criteria required for the SBI PO examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any track from any accredited college or university.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contenders.

* Good knowledge of Computer and English.

* Final year contenders are not eligible.

* Percentage criteria is not necessary according to new amendment.

* Nationality:- Indian.

SBI PO examination syllabus:-

* Quantitative Aptitude.

* General Awareness.

* Computer/Marketing.

* English.

* Reasoning.

The selection procedure for SBI PO examination is mentioned as below:-

* Written examination.

* GD(Group Discussion).

* Interview.

SBI PO examination pattern:-

4th April 2013, 04:29 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for SBI PO exam with 58% in 12th and 60% in graduation?

Quote:

Dear Friend,

yes , off course you are eligible for SBI PO exam after completing graduation degree.......

There are no any percentage required...

Final years students also eligible for this exam.....

The candidate selected for the post of Probationary Officer (PO) must also have knowledge about basic computer handling......

Age Limit should be between 21-30 years for general category...

Relaxation on upper age:

Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe: 35 years....
Other Backward Classes: 33 years...
Persons With Disabilities: 10 years...

Citizenship of India...

Topics for SBI PO exam

Reasoning
Quantitative Aptitude
General Awareness
General English
Computer knowledge

Application Fess :-

For General candidates :- Rs.200/-
For SC/ST candidates :- Rs.50/-

For More details P :- Click here.

All the best......

4th April 2013, 08:23 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for Bank P.O exam after passing graduation with 60% marks.

Eligibility for S.B.I Bank P.O Exam:-
>> Pass graduation with any stream from recognized University.

>> Age limit is 21-30 year.
For ST/SC candidate 21-35 year.

> Only Indian Can apply in this exam.

For more detail log on to www.sbi.co.in

ALL THE BEST!
4th April 2013, 09:59 PM
22virdi
Junior Member+

dear friend SSBI bank is the govt bank in the india so the this bank is need the only good qualification student .

in the state bank of india is require the 60% no. in the +2 and the 55% no. in the any graduation degree. so your 58 % no in the +2 and 60% marks in the graduation .

but the SC/ and the ST student are the require the 55% in the +2 and the 50 in the any graduation degree .

if are you belong to general category then you not able to the PO exam
ans if you belong to SC or ST category then you able for the PO exam.

and the dear friend you have need the age between in the 21 to 30 year only for the general category and the SC /and the St student are the 35 year.

thanks hope this info is useful for you..........
4th April 2013, 10:53 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for SBI P.O. exam as you are a Graduate. There is no percentage of marks criteria in any level of education to apply for the same.

The eligible candidate aspiring for SBI P.O. Exam, must be an Indian national having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good command over computer operation.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th April 2013, 09:04 AM
acj10892

yea you are eligible for SBI PO exam as they have not specified any percentage they have just mentioned graduation in any discipline from a recognized College / University ...so go on and prepare for exam ...all the very best
5th April 2013, 09:28 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Graduate from any discipline is eligible to apply for SBI P.O. exam. There is no requirement of any percentage of marks criteria in any level of education for application to SBI P.O. exam.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Grduation in any discipline from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate. The candidate should be a computer literate one.

The selection is through written exam followed by Personal Interview.

For more information you may log on to http://www.statebankofindia.com
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?