30th June 2012, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Navy being a candidate having completed Degree course in Arts stream in the year of 2011?

hi mam or sir,
my name is nishu kumari. i am completed my degree in arts in 2011 batch.my degree subject is sociology and optional subject is history, political science, English and Hindi.
i want to join navy.so how it is possible because my subject is arts but i want to job in navy only.so if it is possible then please guide me and one more thing my father is in army so any benefit for this. please help me as soon as possible.

25th May 2015, 11:48 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Navy being a candidate having completed Degree course in Arts stream in the year of 2011?

I am very sorry to state you that there is no possible way by which a student being an arts stream pursuit can join Indian Navy as for the same you must have to be a science student throughout your studies .Also you are not eligible for joining Indian Airforce as this also demands for the same .

But you are eligible for Indian Military being a girl student as well as an arts pursuit but for the same you are required to crack the Combined Defense Services examination conducted by Union Public Service Commision twice every year for which the necessary qualifications required for the Indian Military/Army academy are as following:-

* You must be an Indian resident .

* You must have done your graduation with any discipline .

* Your age must be within 19 years to 24 years .

* The physical and mental fitness is required too as per the norms .

For more detailed information regarding the same examination log to the official website of UPSC which is as www.upsc.gov.in .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?