20th February 2011, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Syllabus of NET life science? Which books to refer? Question paper pattern of paper I and II?

Dear sir/madam
I need net exam life science syllabus for preparing the exam with confidence.Which life science book will preferred.I want paper 1 and paper 2 question pattern.please send it to my mail [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. What is the syllabus of life science after doing MSc Life Science? What is the paper pattern?
  2. Which all books to refer for NTPC entrance exam? Pattern of the question paper?
  3. Last 10 years question papers of NET/SET life science?
  4. Syllabus, previous year question papers, pattern and section-wise negative marking allotted in CSIR-NET(Life Sciences)?
  5. Pattern and suitable books for preparation of CSIR-NET(Life Science)? -- [New]
  6. Detailed information, sample question papers, previous year question papers, pattern and topics to prepare for CSIR-NET(Life Science)?
  7. Life Science syllabus of NET and question papers?
  8. Syllabus and books that must be followed for ICSE Board examination? Latest question paper pattern for mentioned subjects?
  9. What is the IBPS PO syllabus? Question paper and pattern for the same?
  10. How to crack CSIR NET Life Science without coaching? Helpful books and last year question papers?
  11. List of reference book and question paper of Life Science for SET and NET exam?
  12. Last 10 years papers of Life Science? Latest syllabus for Biotechnology and Life Science?
  13. FCI managment trainee technical post: question papers pattern, books? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to crack CSIR NET without coaching? Last year question papers of CSIR NET Life Science?
  15. Licentiate (Life and Non-Life) Principles of Insurance Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Paper pattern, books and syllabus for AFCAT?
  17. How can I prepare to crack ARS-NET(Fisheries Science)? Last 5 years question papers and suitable books for preparation?
  18. What is the pattern for UGC NET exam? What is the syllabus? Books to be referred?
21st February 2011, 02:38 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Syllabus of NET life science? Which books to refer? Question paper pattern of paper I and II?

FOr your information:
Syllabus for CSIR NET- Life Sciences
PAPER 1 – SECTION A
1. General information on science and its interface with society to test the candidate’s awareness of science, aptitude of scientific and quantitative reasonsing.
2. COMMON ELEMENTRY COMPUTER SCIENCE ( Applicable to all candidates offering subject areas ).
3. History of development of computers, Mainframe, Mini, Micro’s and Super Computer Systems.
4. General awareness of computer Hardware i..e. CPU and other peripheral devices ( input / output and auxiliary storage devices ).
5. Basic knowledge of computer systems, software and programming languages i.e. Machine language, Assembly language and higher level language.
6. General awareness of popular commercial software packages like LOTUS, DBASE, WORDSTAR, other Scientific application packages.

PAPER I – SECTION B
1. Cell Biology : Structure and function of cells and intracellular organelies ( of both prokaryotes and eukaryotes ) : mechanism of cell division including ( mitosis and meiosis ) and cell differentiation : Cell – cell interaction ; Malignant growth ; Immune response ; Dosage compensation and mechanism of sex determination.
2. Biochemistry : Structure of atoms, molecules and chemical bonds. Principles of physical chemistry : Thermodynamics, Kinetics, dissociation and association constants ; Nucleic acid structure, genetic code, replication, transcription and translation : Structure, function and metabolism of carbohydrates, lipids and proteins ; Enzymes and coenzyme ; Respiration and photosynthesis.
3. Physology : Response to stress : Active transport across membranes ; Plant and animal hormones ; Nutrition ( including vitamins ) ; Reproduction in plants, microbes and animals.
4. Genetics : Principles of Mendelian inheritance, chromosome structure and function ; Gene Structure and regulation of gene expression. Linkage and genetic mapping ; Extrachromosomal inheritance ( episomes, mitochondria and chloraplasts ) ; Mutation : DNA damage and repair, chromosome aberration : Transposons ; Sex-linked inheritance and genetic disorders ; Somatic cell genetics ; Genome organization ( in both prokaryotes and eukaryotes ).
5. Evolutionary Biology : Origin of life ( including aspects of prebiotic environment and molecular evolution ) ; Concepts of evolution ; Theories of organic evolution ; Mechanisms of speciation ; Hardyweinberg genetic equilibrium, genetic polymorphism and selection ; Origin and evolution of economically important microbes, plants and animals.

6. Environmental Biology : Concept and dynamics of ecosystem, components, food chain and energy flow, productivity and biogeochemical cycles ; Types of ecosystems, Population ecology and biological control ; Community structure and organization ; Environmental pollution ; Sustainable development ; Economic importance of microbes, plants and animals.

7. Biodiversity and Taxonomy : Species concept, Biological nomenclature theories of biological classification, Structural biochemical and molecular systematics ; DNA finger printing, numerical taxonomy, Biodiversity, characterization, generation maintenance and loss : Magnitude and distribution of biodiversity, economic value,wildlife biology, conservation strategies, cryopreservation.

For Books:
http://www.book4u.in (You can serach Paper-I, II and III study material here) and UPKAR Publications Books
http://www.want2learn.com

regards
21st February 2011, 07:42 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Syllabus of NET life science? Which books to refer? Question paper pattern of paper I and II?

Below are the attachments for CSIR NET Life Science previous papers. kindly find the attachments below.

Whereas for study materials you can opt for following books:-

• Csir Ugc Net/jrf/slet Life Sciences
by - Dr. A. P. Singh & Kumar Pushkar
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan

• CSIR Life Sciences
by - Dr. Pramod Singh
Publisher: Danika/ Trueman Publishing Company

• CSIR-UGC JRF/LS(NET) Life Sciences
by - Gk
Publisher: G. K. Publishers (p) Ltd.

• CSIR-Net Life Science
by - B. L. Chaudhary, Kailash Choudhary, Arun Chaudhary
Publisher: New Age
Attached Files
File Type: docx CSIR NET Life Sciences December 2008 Paper 1.docx(24.3 KB, 296 views)
File Type: pdf csir_life paper 2.pdf(96.8 KB, 267 views)
File Type: pdf csirjune2008.pdf(618.1 KB, 256 views)
File Type: pdf CSIRNETDec2010.pdf(425.6 KB, 290 views)
File Type: pdf CSIRNetLifesciencesPaperJune-2009.pdf(618.2 KB, 325 views)
File Type: pdf dec-09 solved.pdf(601.6 KB, 410 views)
21st February 2011, 08:09 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,
you can refer to the following books for NET life science:

CSIR-Net Life Science
By B. L. Chaudhary

CSIR Life Sciences
By Dr. Pramod Singh

CSIR-UGC JRF/LS(NET) Life Sciences
By Gk Pub

Csir-Ugc Net/Jrf/Slet Life Sciences
By Dr. A. P. Singh & Kumar Pushkar
(Upkars Prakashan)

Csir - Ugc Net / Slet Life Science (paper I & Ii )
By Ananta Charan Pattanayak & Ms. Kanchan Gupta

Joint Ugc Csir Net Life Sciences Also For State Level Entrance Examination
By Ziaul Hasan Faruqi

here below in the attachment, there are the syllabus and the model test papers for your practice..
Attached Files
File Type: doc Syllabus of CSIR net lifescience.doc(43.5 KB, 199 views)
File Type: pdf life science modeltest1.pdf(327.8 KB, 279 views)
File Type: pdf life science modeltest2.pdf(440.7 KB, 229 views)
File Type: pdf life science modeltest3.pdf(410.3 KB, 180 views)
21st February 2011, 09:46 PM
srinivas72
Junior Member+

i am giving the total syllabus and pattern of the csir net life sciences.
Attached Files
File Type: docx The Joint.docx(18.7 KB, 137 views)
File Type: docx Name of the standard books.docx(13.0 KB, 255 views)
28th February 2011, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

can you provide 5 to 10 year previous question paper of lifescience.
28th February 2011, 11:00 PM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

Syllabus of NET life science
Syllabus for CSIR NET- Life Sciences
PAPER 1 – SECTION A
1. General information on science and its interface with society to test the candidate’s awareness of science, aptitude of scientific and quantitative reasonsing.
2. COMMON ELEMENTRY COMPUTER SCIENCE ( Applicable to all candidates offering subject areas ).
3. History of development of computers, Mainframe, Mini, Micro’s and Super Computer Systems.
4. General awareness of computer Hardware i..e. CPU and other peripheral devices ( input / output and auxiliary storage devices ).
5. Basic knowledge of computer systems, software and programming languages i.e. Machine language, Assembly language and higher level language.
6. General awareness of popular commercial software packages like LOTUS, DBASE, WORDSTAR, other Scientific application packages.

PAPER I – SECTION B
1. Cell Biology : Structure and function of cells and intracellular organelies ( of both prokaryotes and eukaryotes ) : mechanism of cell division including ( mitosis and meiosis ) and cell differentiation : Cell – cell interaction ; Malignant growth ; Immune response ; Dosage compensation and mechanism of sex determination.
2. Biochemistry : Structure of atoms, molecules and chemical bonds. Principles of physical chemistry : Thermodynamics, Kinetics, dissociation and association constants ; Nucleic acid structure, genetic code, replication, transcription and translation : Structure, function and metabolism of carbohydrates, lipids and proteins ; Enzymes and coenzyme ; Respiration and photosynthesis.
3. Physology : Response to stress : Active transport across membranes ; Plant and animal hormones ; Nutrition ( including vitamins ) ; Reproduction in plants, microbes and animals.
4. Genetics : Principles of Mendelian inheritance, chromosome structure and function ; Gene Structure and regulation of gene expression. Linkage and genetic mapping ; Extrachromosomal inheritance ( episomes, mitochondria and chloraplasts ) ; Mutation : DNA damage and repair, chromosome aberration : Transposons ; Sex-linked inheritance and genetic disorders ; Somatic cell genetics ; Genome organization ( in both prokaryotes and eukaryotes ).
5. Evolutionary Biology : Origin of life ( including aspects of prebiotic environment and molecular evolution ) ; Concepts of evolution ; Theories of organic evolution ; Mechanisms of speciation ; Hardyweinberg genetic equilibrium, genetic polymorphism and selection ; Origin and evolution of economically important microbes, plants and animals.
6. Environmental Biology : Concept and dynamics of ecosystem, components, food chain and energy flow, productivity and biogeochemical cycles ; Types of ecosystems, Population ecology and biological control ; Community structure and organization ; Environmental pollution ; Sustainable development ; Economic importance of microbes, plants and animals.
7. Biodiversity and Taxonomy : Species concept, Biological nomenclature theories of biological classification, Structural biochemical and molecular systematics ; DNA finger printing, numerical taxonomy, Biodiversity, characterization, generation maintenance and loss : Magnitude and distribution of biodiversity, economic value,wildlife biology, conservation strategies, cryopreservation.

refer to the following books for NET life science:

CSIR-Net Life Science
By B. L. Chaudhary

CSIR Life Sciences
By Dr. Pramod Singh

By Gk Pub

Csir-Ugc Net/Jrf/Slet Life Sciences
By Dr. A. P. Singh & Kumar Pushkar
(Upkars Prakashan)

Csir - Ugc Net / Slet Life Science (paper I & Ii )
By Ananta Charan Pattanayak & Ms. Kanchan Gupta

visit the link for more details.
http://www.book4u.in
and
UPKAR Publications Books
http://www.want2learn.com

good luck
1st March 2011, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

life science syllabus for net
6th March 2011, 11:49 AM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Hello friend,

I am sending you four pdf file in which you can see the all notification, syllabus and model paper of net life science.
Please download it and see it .

CSIR UGC NET EXAM LIFE SCIENCE BOOK-

Trueman's life science by pramod singh
Upkar/s life science by Dr. A.P sing and kumar pushkara
RPH net practise test set by RPH
RPH NET life science paper2 guide by rph
Trueman practise paper set by pranav kumar
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LS sylabus.pdf(50.6 KB, 157 views)
File Type: pdf life%20model%20paper%202.pdf(133.1 KB, 181 views)
File Type: pdf net_notify_june2011.pdf(336.4 KB, 159 views)
File Type: pdf Life Model PAPER 1.pdf(127.5 KB, 182 views)
6th March 2011, 11:52 AM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

CSIR-UGC (NET) EXAM FOR AWARD OF JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP AND ELIGIBILITY FOR LECTURERSHIP:

According to the new pattern, the June, 2011 CSIR-UGC (NET) Exam for Award of Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lecturership will be a Single Paper Test(and not Paper I and Paper II as it was previously held) and will have Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).

*The MCQ test paper of each subject shall carry a maximum of 200 marks.
*The duration of each exam will be of three hours each.
*The question paper will be divided into 3 parts

The Pattern of the Question Paper:

*Part 'A' will be common to all subjects.It will be a test containing a maximum of 20 questions of General Science and Research Aptitude test. The candidates shall be required to answer any 15 questions of two marks each. The total marks allocated to this section is 30 out of 200.

*Part 'B' will contain subject-related conventional MCQs. The total marks allocated to this section is 70 out of 200. The maximum number of questions to be attempted shall be in the range of 25-35.

*Part 'C' will contain higher value questions that will test your knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions will be of analytical nature where you are expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem. The total marks allocated to this section is be 100 out of 200.

NOTE:There will be negative marking for wrong answers, wherever required, that will be @ 25%, so be careful of answering.

You can also apply online for the exam at:

http://203.199.141.241/online/form.jsp

Instruction for filling the online form is available at:

http://203.199.141.241/online/instructions.jsp

You may find the Syllabus, Notification along with Important Dates in the attachment given below.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UGC NET Life Science syllabus.pdf(165.4 KB, 151 views)
File Type: pdf UGC NET Notification.pdf(65.8 KB, 113 views)
25th March 2011, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

pls send chemical sceincespaper2 model papers? and csir notes?
6th April 2011, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

NEED life sciende subject code and papers f past five years
28th May 2011, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

please tell me which books i should prefer for life sciences in [email protected]
1st June 2011, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

IS DERE ANY CLASSES IN PUNE FOR THE CSIR NET LIFE SCIENCE???
8th July 2011, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

I want syllabus and question papers for NET in life science
20th July 2011, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

Which book should be read for the paper1.
27th July 2011, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

Which book should be read for the paper 2?
15th August 2011, 12:20 PM
montamondal

can i get some study materials for net lifescience exam?
15th August 2011, 08:58 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

For NET life science you can refer the following books.

*)CSIR-Net Life Science,B. L. Chaudhary

*)CSIR Life Sciences,Dr. Pramod Singh

*)CSIR-UGC JRF/LS(NET) Life Sciences,Gk Publication
23rd August 2011, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

dear sir/madam

I need the syllabus of NET LIFE SCIENCE (biotechnology) for june 2012. Which book i refer? Question paper pattern of paper 1st and 2nd also...please give me some tips for better preparation and is there any coaching classes in indore or bhopal for CSIR NET LIFE SCIENCE but 1st preference is indore. How to apply??
23rd August 2011, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

dear sir/madam

i need d syllabus of net life science biotechnology for june 2012 exam..which book i refer and what is the pattern of exam??? Please give me some tips for best preparation... And is there any coaching classes in indore or bhopal for it but 1st preferencd is indore. How to apply..???
29th August 2011, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for csir general paper?
10th September 2011, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Can u give me the water testing method
20th September 2011, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

sir which book should i read for cell biology zoology
15th October 2011, 01:57 PM
LOVELY RAHAMAN

I want to have the question papers for csir/ ugc net exam held this year june.
28th November 2011, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for ugc net paper III in life science according to new syllabus
21st December 2011, 03:00 PM

Dear sir/madam
I need net exam life science syllabus for preparing the exam with confidence.Which life science book will preferred.I want paper 1 and paper 2 question pattern.........

thanks
26th January 2012, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

do i get the whole sullabus of each paper of net exam 2012?
18th April 2012, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

respected sir/mam i have done my b.s c in biotecnology and p.g in m.sc pharmaceutical chemistry.so have i to give net in life science..plz mail me at [email protected].......
30th August 2012, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

respected sir/mam i have done b.s.c. zoologyand a student p.g.zoology. i want net question for life science 2012.plz send me on [email protected]
31st August 2012, 12:58 AM
itsme.abhishek2012

Hi dear,
Below are the attachments for CSIR NET Life Science previous papers. kindly find the attachments below.

Whereas for study materials you can opt for following books:-

Csir Ugc Net/jrf/slet Life Sciences

by - Dr. A. P. Singh & Kumar Pushkar
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan

CSIR Life Sciences

by - Dr. Pramod Singh
Publisher: Danika/ Trueman Publishing Company

by - Gk
Publisher: G. K. Publishers (p) Ltd.

CSIR-Net Life Science

by - B. L. Chaudhary, Kailash Choudhary, Arun Chaudhary
Publisher: New Age
Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?