26th August 2012, 12:55 AM
Preeti_Nair27

How to join Ph.D in computer science? What is the process of getting in Ph.D?

I am an MCA passout. I got my MCA degree in 2008. Now I am looking for PHD in computer Science. I want to know the over process in getting PHD. But I am confused that what topic shall i pick regarding CS.So if I could get some good topics suggestion.

4th February 2013, 01:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Ph.D in computer science? What is the process of getting in Ph.D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preeti_Nair27 View Post
I am an MCA passout. I got my MCA degree in 2008. Now I am looking for PHD in computer Science. I want to know the over process in getting PHD. But I am confused that what topic shall i pick regarding CS.So if I could get some good topics suggestion.

You have completed MCA degree so you are applicable for PHD course .But most of the college not required MCA degree holder for PHD course .

So better option for you , You can choose this pattern (MCA + M-TECH / MCA+M.Phil / MCA+ NET score) then definable you can get admission to PHD degree.

As per topics you can choose as per strength .Like What is your project for MCA degree ??

You can choose some better topics on your project related .Because it will help you very much for your research work . But dont worry i have listed some topics name related to PHD in Computer Science .

Cognitive Science
Computer Vision
Data Mining
Evolutionary Computing
Human-Computer Interaction
Imagine Processing
Information Retrieval
Knowledge Representation
Machine Learning
Natural Language Processing
Pattern Recognition
Robotics

5th February 2013, 02:37 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to join Ph.D in computer science? What is the process of getting in Ph.D?

Dear There,

For joining Ph.D in computer science, you can go for any one of these three processes:-

* Completing M.Phil after MCA.

* Completing M.Tech after MCA.

* Completing NET after MCA.

Lists of some topics related to Ph.D in Computer Science:-

* Computer vision.

* Robotics.

* Knowledge representation.

* Cognitive science.

* Pattern recognition.

* Data mining.

* Natural language processing.

* Imagine processing.

* Machine learning.

* Human computer interaction.

* Information retrieval.

* Evolutionary computing.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?