30th August 2012, 12:58 PM
qwerty4u

How to do MCA? Is it necessary to complete BCA after MCA?

sir,
I want to do mca,but there are lot of confussion,so please help me.
I want to know that,it is necessary to complete BCA,in order to make study in MCA.Which entrance exam should i give,pls prefere me.

12th September 2012, 04:42 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to do MCA? Is it necessary to complete BCA after MCA?

It is not necessary to do BCA in order to MCA.

Master in Computer Application is 3 years Post Graduate degree course computers application.

There are many universities which are offering MCA course.

For apply in any good college you need to clear the Entrance Examination which is conduct on state or national level .

This course is popular so ,all reputed institutions conduct or take candidate on the basis of marks they have scored in any national level examination

or exam conduct by the university of it's own.

For attempting national level exam /state level exam you need to be at least Graduate in any Discipline from recognized university

and you must have at least 50% to 60% marks in your graduation Students must have studied Maths/Statistics/Business-Maths in class 12th.

Some National level Examinations are given below

BIT MCA:
Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test
JNU MCA: Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) MCA
NIMCET is a national-level entrance test administered by NITs
Pune University MCA:
Joint Admission Test for MCA (IIT JAM):

ENTRANCE EXAMINATION SUBJECTS

1.MATHEMATICS
2.ENGLISH
3.COMPUTER APPLICATION
4.LOGICAL AND ANALYTICAL ABILITY

TOP UNIVERSITIES OF MCA

Pune University
Jawaharlal Nehru University - New Delhi
Hyderabad Central University
National Institute of Technology (NIT), Trichy
Birla Institute of Technology(BITS), Ranchi
National Institute of Technology (NIT) - Surathkal
PSG College of Technology - Coimbatore
Bharathiar University -Coimbatore
MN National Institute of Technology (NIT)-Allahabad
Vellore Institute Of Technology-Vellore (Tamilnadu)

Some Companies where you can apply after doing MCA from good institution.

17th March 2013, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

i got 59% in 12th class.......so,can i eligible for mca entrance exam iit??????????
26th March 2013, 12:27 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty4u View Post
sir,
I want to know that,it is necessary to complete BCA,in order to make study in MCA.Which entrance exam should i give,pls prefere me.
It is mandatory to do MCA after BCA. But definitely if you go for MCA then it has its fare share of advantage. This will give more weightage to your CV and better exposure to the IT industry. It will give you better knowledge about computer application.

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application. It is a post graduate degree and its duration is three years. As stated earlier this course will give you a better insight and it has been designed basically to meet the demands of the software and IT industry.

There is a host of entrance exams one can give to pursue this course. The top ones have been listed below:-
  1. All India MCA Common Entrance Test
  2. Integrated Common Entrance Test
  3. Birla Institute of Technology Entrance Exam
  4. West Bengal Joint Entrance Test
  5. Maharashtra Common Entrance Test
  6. Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test
  7. Vellore Institute of Technology Common Entrance Test

Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You need to complete your graduation first to pursue this course. You should have minimum 60% of marks at graduation level.
  • You should have mathematics at 10+2 level and it can be your subject at graduation level too.
  • There is no age criteria as such which means you can choose to pursue this course whenever you want to without bothering too much about age limit.

The top reputed ones prefers to conduct an examination which is mostly followed by group discussion and personal interview sessions. It is important to score good marks at every stage because the competition can be quite stiff and marks at every stage matters a lot in such cases.

Some colleges in addition to the written examination mentioned above prefers to make the student go through some more stages of selection like the group discussion or the personal interview session. Marks of these stages are added to get the final score.

For the exam you will mostly face objective type questions and although the exam pattern is bound to differ from one college to the other but usually the following sections are given more importance: Mathematics, Computer Awareness, Analytical Ability, Logical Reasoning and Elementry English Awareness.

Hope this helps :-> :->
30th April 2013, 01:42 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

BCA degree is not a necessity for MCA. Graduation in any subject is enough. But such candidates must have studied mathematics as a subject either in 12th or graduation. AIMCET is conducted in all India bases for admission. Qualifying NIMCET allows you to join NIT’s.
24th June 2013, 07:55 AM
Unregistered

I am a graduate in English literature and I did my 2 in humanities can i join for MCA?
24th June 2013, 11:24 AM
sukumar225143

it is not compulsory

To do MCA you must be a graduate , you can give different exams for MCA like IIT-JAM, DU-MCA entrance exam , and differenti universities offer courses for MCA so you can apply for MCA in those universities by giving their exams. .

you should starts preparing from your graduation time to clear any good MCA exam.
24th June 2013, 02:33 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
sir,
No it is not necessary to have a BCA degree for taking admission in MCA Course. A candidates having bachelor degree in any discipline will be eligible to take admission in this course.
As far Entrance exam is concerned, in MCA entrance exams questions are asked from these sections:

Section I (General Section) :
· Logical and Analytical Reasoning.
· General Knowledge.
· English Grammar.

Section II (Mathematics):
· Numerical ability.
· Data Interpretation.
· Mathematics (From Inter and Graduation level).

Section III (Technical related to computer):
· Computer Fundamentals.
· C/C++ Programming.
· Architecture.
· Operating System.
· Database Management System.

Section IV (Science – For BHU and Jamia Islamia entrance exam):
· Physics.
· Chemistry.
Eligibility required for taking admission in MCA Course:

1. You should have a bachelor degree of at least 3 years in any discipline from recognized university.
2. Candidates who have completed bachelor degree course should also study Mathematics/Statistics as one of the paper in Graduation level.
3. Those candidates who have a bachelor degree in Computer Application/Information Technology will also be eligible to take admission in this course.
4. Candidates should have a minimum of 60% marks in degree level.

There are various MCA entrance exams are conducted for which you can apply. These are:
1. West Bengal JECA.
2. BHU-JEE.
3. BITCAT.
4. JNU-NEE.
5. AIMCET.
6. NIMCET.
7. OJEE.
8. TANCET.
9. GUJ-CET.

24th June 2013, 05:15 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for the Master of Computer Applications. It is a 3 years long post graduation course which is quite popular among candidate who want to make career in IT industry.

During the 3 years course you will be trained in various aspects of computer programming such as:

Programming in C

Data Communication and Networks

Internet Programming

Programming in Visual Basic

Operating System

Computer Graphics and Multimedia

Java Programming

It is not necessary to have completed Bachelor of Computer Applications to apply for the MCA course. You can do so with any graduation degree. However you should have studied Maths as subject in Class 12th.

If you haven't then it will be very difficult to take admission for the MCA course. Mainly the correspondence MCA course can be taken by such candidates. However there are other options like appearing for a Maths written test during the MCA course.

There are several entrance exams for MCA admission. Some example are:

JECA MCA

RMCAAT

MHT CET MCA

BHU MCA

NIMCET

AIMCET

LUCSAT

JNU MCA

MCA Eligibility

1. You should have completed a graduation degree.

2. At least 50 percent marks in graduation.

3. Maths should be one of the subjects in 12th standard.
12th August 2013, 02:06 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
sir,
It's not necessary to apply for MCA Course after BCA Course. But, If you apply for MCA Course, then it would be better job as well as career option for you.

Both, the MCA as well as BCA related to same subjects and BCA course is the basic foundation of MCA Course. So, If you operate MCA Course after BCA course you age good knowledge in Computer application.

So, as per my suggestion. MCA is the best option after Completing you BCA Course and yes off course, you're future aspiration and aim will very helpful to choose the best course after completing you BCA Course.

Let you the information regarding MCA COurse.

MCA stands for (Master of Computer Application) and It's like an professional course. Duration of the course is for three years and the course is divided into six semester.

There are lot of colleges in India offers this MCA Course.

Students from graduation course in any discipline from recognized university are eligible to apply for MCA Course and student are need to score minimum 50% Percentage of marks in graduation course.

And the aspirant should be note that, the student having mathematics subject in 12th standard or Bachelor degree are make the candidate eligible for this MCA Course.

Without, the mathematics no students are eligible for MCA Course.

As you're belong from BCA Course, So there is no issue with you're qualification. But, You should qualified in Entrance Examination like, Integrated Common Entrance Test, All India MCA Common Entrance Test, Birla Institute of Technology Entrance Examination..

The Entrance Examination is based on Objective type with Multiple choice . Most the colleges in India give admission for MCA Course based on the Entrance Examination score . So, I suggest you to score good percentage of marks in Bachelor degree course.

So, No MCA Course is better career option after Completing BCA Course.
22nd July 2014, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

i want to do mca nd i m in 2 nd year of bca wht can i do for best clg of mca ????????
2nd June 2020, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

What we have to take in 10 class to do mca or bca?
7th July 2021, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

I want to do mca and i a ba student.. I have applied for maths and physics exam in nios. Can i do mca?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?