26th November 2012, 12:09 AM
K.P. Antony

Which subject should I take in 11th and 12th to take admission in BCA

which subject should I take in11th &12th in take admission BCA?

5th December 2012, 12:17 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which subject should I take in 11th and 12th to take admission in BCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.P. Antony View Post
Basically, any stream candidates are eligible for BCA Course . But some top College may give first preference to the candidates who have studied " Mathematics" Subject in 12th standard .

So, It's Clear Mathematics is Essential to get admission for BCA Course . So, I suggest you to take 11th Standard

1) Science stream with Mathematics (or)
2) Commerce stream with Business Mathematics

If you have studied Mathematics subject in 11th and 12th standard than you may get admission for BCA Course in reputed College .

BCA Stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and the duration of the Course is for three years . The Course is divided into Six semester . There are so many Colleges Available in India .

Minimum Educational Qualification to get admission for BCA Course is that the candidate should Passed in Intermediate Examination (or) Equivalent Examination in any discipline from recognized University .

::: Note :::

Top BCA College may give First preference to the candidate who have studied Mathematics Subject in 11th and 12th standard .

There is no specific Examination to apply for BCA Course . So, you can directly get admission for BCA Course After Completing 12th standard .

The Admission for BCA Course is based on 12th Examination scores . So, the candidate who scored good percentage of marks in 12th standard are get first preference at the admission .

::: Best BCA Colleges in India :::

= SRM University
= Indian Academy Group of Institutions
= Loyola College
= MOP Vaishnav College For Women
= JK Business School
= Christ College
= Madras Christian College
= University College
11th January 2013, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subject should I take in 11th and 12th to take admission in BCA

which college is best after BCA
31st January 2013, 09:31 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which subject should I take in 11th and 12th to take admission in BCA

Quote:
Hi

As you may well know that to take up any graduation course you should be atleast a minimum 12th pass from a recognized school or educational institution. So this question is very valid that which subjects you should take up in order to take up your graduation in BCA.

For that I am going to provide you information. BCA - Bachelors in Computer Application. Its a graduation course of 3 years. It can be done only by candidates who have passed Class 12th. The necessary subjects that you need to take up in your Higher Secondary are :

Science with Mathematics (PCM)
Commerce with Mathematics
Humanities with Mathematics.

So if you notice that Maths subject is common in all the streams that you can take up. This is because of the fact that BCA cannot be done without studying mathematics in your Class 11th and 12th. So whatever subjects you take up please make sure that you have Maths in them because without it you won't be able to take up BCA.

Also note that this course is abundantly available and in demand. So there are no such entrances for this. You can take it up from any recognized college or university which is offering it. The course fee may vary from College to College but yes I must tell you that ONLY having a BCA degree won't fetch you good jobs.

So try for the Masters MCA which is again a 3 years post graduation course. If you are able to do it, then you would be at par with the Computer Science B.Tech candidates and then apply for jobs in the top IT Companies. Please do them as full time courses as most of the good companies do not recruit part time graduates.

All the best
Regards
RANJEET
31st January 2013, 11:13 PM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

B.CA Stands for the Bachelor in Computer Application and this is a professional course of 3 years.And you can do this course after completing your 12th class and this is one of the finest course of all time.

Also for the exam the candidate must be pass in the 12th class exam and as you said that can you take admission in the b.ca and also the educational qualification is 12th class must.

Qualifications Required for the B.CA Course :

-The Candidate must be pass in the 12th hsc exam

-The Candidate just need passing marks in the 12th class

-The Candidate get admission according to the marks

As the duration of this course is 3 years and you can get admission in the course after completing your 12th class education. and according to your marks you will get the admission in the colleges.

Best of luck
1st February 2013, 12:46 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
If you want to do B.C.A then you can opt any stream like:-
> Science
> Commerce
> Arts

With Computer science as optional.
If you want to do M.C.A then you have to opt maths stream.

For B.C.A you have to pass 12th with minimum 50% marks.

ALL THE BEST!
1st February 2013, 01:48 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI1
For B.C.A you have to take Science Stream with Computer Science in 11th and 12th class.

After passing 12th with high percentage you can take admission in top College offering B.C.A like:-

Loyola College, Chennai

St Xavier's College, Kolkata

St Xaviers College, Ahmedabad

St Stephens College, Delhi

University Enclave, Delhi

St Xavier's College, Mumbai

Madras Christian College (MCC), Chennai

Madras Christian College

Presidency College, Chennai

ALL THE BEST!
1st February 2013, 03:21 PM
kruthikha

Smile Re: Which subject should I take in 11th and 12th to take admission in BCA

Quote:
Hi, for BCA., course main subject is computer science and maths... so you can take a group II or group IV only these groups are applicable..... Group II : physics, chemistry, computer science, general maths ... Group IV : commence , accounts, economics, business maths ..... if you take Group IV means atlest you should know about the basis of computer science.....
1st February 2013, 05:44 PM
ksathis3

Quote:
the best and also eligible to join BCA is to be mathematics in higher secondaries. because without studied mathematics in 11th & 12th you can't join BCA course.

Best group is : Biology with mathematics
1st February 2013, 05:49 PM
Sikdu

for admission in BCA ,you should opt for science with computer in 11th and 12th
1st February 2013, 06:18 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

HELLO,

BCA stand for Bachelor Of Computer Application , and it is of 3 year study/duration , You must have Maths in both 11th and 12, with minimum of 50% or 60% depending on university to university.

* One has to secure a minimum of 50% of marks in his 12th class in order to be eligible to join this course.

* One should have completed 12th Class with Physics and Chemistry as the compulsory subjects,

* Even after the completion of 12th Class in Science stream also, the candidate is eligible to join this course.

* So, if you have gone through Science stream in your 12th class, you are eligible to join BCA course.

SOME OF THE TOP COLLEGES IN INDIA PROVIDING BCA COURSE ARE :

Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS) ,Bangalore, India

Satya Institute of Media and Management, Lucknow, India

Indian Institute of Management & Commerece (IIMC),Hyderabad, India

Prestige Institute of Management and Research ,Indore, India

Apeejay Institute of Management ,Jalandhar, India

Aryans Group of Colleges (AGC) ,Mohali, India

JK Business School (JKBS) ,Gurgaon - Delhi/NCR, India

Prestige Institute Of Management, Gwalior, Indiia

GOOD LUCK ...
1st February 2013, 06:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

BCA stands for the Bachelor of Computer Applications.It is a three year bachelor's degree program in computer applications.

As we all know that for any bachelor's degree ,you need to have passed your 10+2 from a recognized board.

Now for subject selection so as to have entry into BCA in 11th and 12th,here is the explanation.

Most of the reputed institutes of India demand for mathematics as one of the subject in India.

So you if you want to be admitted in good institutes for the BCA ,you have two choices:

1.Science stream with mathematics.

2.Commerce stream with business mathematics.

Best colleges for BCA:

1.Loyola college,chennai

2.St .Xavier's College

3.SRM university.

4.Presidency college

5.Stephens college

Hope the information helps you.

If you have any other query you can leave your message here.

all the best

aashisranjan784
1st February 2013, 07:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

BCA is Bachelor in Computer Applications and you must opt for maths subject in 10+2 if you want to do this course.

Without maths in 10+2 you will not be eligible for BCA course. Most of the universities ask for maths in 10+2 for this course . Hence opt for maths subjects with any combination of other subjects.

You can opt for Physics , chemistry and maths because these subjects will make you eligible for Engineering courses. Otherwise you can opt for you own choice of subjects,

Most of the good schools give admission on the basis of marks in 10th class . So if you are having good marks in 10th then definitely you will get your choice of subjects in 10+2.

BCA is a very popular course nowadays because of increase in the number of computer in India. Now most of the people in India use computers means the employment opportunities for BCA graduates are good.

After BCA you can go for MCA course . After doing MCA you will be at par with an Software Engineer and can apply for jobs in various IT companies like Infosys, TCS, Wipro , HCL etc.
8th February 2013, 03:14 PM
rch91

Quote:
For pursuing BCA after 12th you can opt for any subject in 11th and 12th. For eg.:
you can take science stream with chemistry,maths,physics, english as a subjects. and pursue with bca after 12th.
You can also go with arts , commerce as a subject.
But according to me arts would be more benificial for you if you want to pursue BCA after 12th.
10th April 2013, 12:41 AM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

My dear friend,

If you want to do BCA then you have to take commerce with mathematics in 11th and 12th class so that you can proceed your study with this stream in your future also.

BCA stands for Bachelor of computer application and it is the graduation course for which you can go after completion of 12th with commerce plus mathematics.Mathematics is compulsory for computer courses.So you have to take mathematics in 11th and 12th class.

If you have done your 12th with commerce with mathematics,then you can also go for some other graduation course like BBA.BBA stands for Bachelor of Business Administration.

After completion of graduation,you can go for post graduation like MBA or MCA.You can go for MCA after completion of BCA but if you want to go for MBA then you have to compete your graduation as with BBA.

After completion of 12th with commerce,you can also go for various types of other graduation courses.It depends upon your interest and choice.Your interest plays an important role for your future.

Here i provide you the list of top most colleges for which you can go for your graduation course like BCA.

BCA colleges in INDIA:

1. Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences ,(AIMS)
Bangalore, India
2. Satya Institute of Media and Management
Lucknow, India
3. Indian Institute of Management & Commerece (IIMC)
Hyderabad, India
4. Prestige Institute of Management and Research
Indore, India
5. Apeejay Institute of Management
Jalandhar, India
6. Aryans Group of Colleges (AGC)
Mohali, India
7. JK Business School (JKBS)
Gurgaon - Delhi/NCR, India
8. Prestige Institute Of Management
Gwalior, India
9. Indian Academy Group of Institutions
Bangalore, India

Thank u!!
17th February 2014, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

How I can study further in 11 standard vadakara Rani public school
14th July 2015, 07:18 AM
Unregistered

can i do BCA and then aftere MCA with PCB and as a optional subject COMPUTER SCIENCE.
plzz ans my question as soon as possible
e-mail me at [email protected]
13th March 2017, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have computer science in 11 and 12th to study BCA and MCA?
22nd January 2018, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir/madam. I want to become a software developer and I want to take commerce so is it possible that if I take Commerce without maths can I go for software developing then??
14th June 2021, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

I had taken commerce without maths in 11th and 12th can I pursue bca
21st June 2021, 05:54 PM
Mamatha97
Junior Member+

Students from every stream can pursue BCA. But, mainly it is pursued by candidates with Science and commerce background. According to popular universities, it is mandatory that a candidate must have studied Maths and computer Science in their +2. But some universities also provide admission to arts students too.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?