12th January 2014, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Chance to do MS Abroad after B.Pharm?

hi sir myself suankit....
i want to do ms in abroad... i am B.Pharm final year student......... is there any chance to do this......also my communication is poor...plz guide me.

14th January 2014, 02:36 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chance to do MS Abroad after B.Pharm?

Yes, there is definitely a chance for you to pursue MS degree in Pharmaceuticals abroad. However you need to improve your communication skills especially your English since without proper communication skills it is impossible to get admission in foreign universities where they take exam of English. Since you want to pursue MS degree so you have to appear for two exams and get good scores in order to seek admission in some good universities. The two examinations are:-

-Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)
-Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)

After getting the scores of these examinations, you need to apply for some foreign universities as per your score with a strong Statement of Purpose (SOP) to ensure that your interest in pursuing the course in the concerned university is depicted.

However if you want to be a registered pharmacist, you need to clear FPGEE (Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination) followed by the NAPLEX (North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination).

The top universities in this field are :-
-University of Illinois-Chicago
-Purdue University
-Ohio State University
-University of California
-University of Cincinnati:
-University of Kentucky
-Ferris State University
-University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
-University of North Carolina
-University of Tennessee
-University of Oklahoma
-University of Utah
14th January 2014, 09:54 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Chance to do MS Abroad after B.Pharm?

According to my knowledge you are only eligible for a M.Pharma degree after B.pharma study. You can't take up MS i.e Master of Surgery study after completing bachelor in pharmacy.

Yes as far as Masters in pharmacy is considered you can surely pursue it abroad from any of the university of your choice when you obtain a valid GRE score. after getting a minimum qualifying score in GRE which is accepted by the university you have applied for studies, you become eligible for admissions there.

Furthermore you may be eligible for scholarship even for pursuing your course there of you get a very high score in that test (GRE).

The Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) is a standardized international test that is an admissions requirement for most graduate schools in many of the foreign countries and the United States mainly.

Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) GRE - ETS http://www.ets.org/gre (visit this website for more information on taking GRE like the Dates on exam,its scheduling, Online registration, fees of the exam etc.)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?