25th February 2017, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

In which country to do higher studies to become a space scientist?

Dear Sir/Mam, I am Anagh I study in 7th standard. In future I want to become a space scientist so I wanted to know what all I need to - study, exams to appear and where to study? Can you please give me the details soon. Thank you!

3rd March 2017, 09:46 PM
AshitaBanerjee

Default Re: In which country to do higher studies to become a space scientist?

Things to keep in mind to become a space scientist are::
~Most importantly you should know that space science deals not just with astronomy but also astrophysics, galactic science, space colonization etc.
~ Opt for medical or non-medical in your class XI and XII.
~Remember, you need to have Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as your subjects.
~You must clear your XII board exams with excellent marks.
~After XII, you have to clear one of the several exams like AIEEE, JEE etc to be eligible for admission into institutes/ colleges/ universities that conduct courses dealing with space science.
~One of the prominent institutes to join is Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram.
~Among other institutes one can join to become a space scientist include Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune and Thiruvananthapuram; UM-DAE Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (CBS), Mumbai; National Institute of Science Education & Research at Bhubaneswar; Integrated Science Education & Research Centre (ISERC), Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan; PHD Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Nainital; Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore; Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc), and various IITs.
~Once the course is completed successfully, one can become astronaut, rocket scientist, meteorologist etc.

Some of the best institutes to study abroad are::
> California Institute of Technology
> Harvard University
> Princeton University
> University of California--Santa Cruz
> University of California--Berkeley
> Stanford University
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?