2nd November 2018, 03:11 AM
Unregistered

Is it difficult to get admission in MS in USA for a BTech graduate who had 3 backlog? Cutoff marks required in GRE to get admission?

Hello friends, I wish to do my MS in USA. But I had 3 backlogs in my BTech. I got 8.1 CGPA in BTech and preparing for GRE. So, what I score in GRE and I get any problem due to my backlogs for getting admission? Kindly let me know immediately.

20th February 2022, 09:44 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it difficult to get admission in MS in USA for a BTech graduate who had 3 backlog? Cutoff marks required in GRE to get admission?

Most of the top universities prefer students with no backlogs.

But still , if a candidate has excellent GRE score along with a stellar profile, then backlogs doesn't matter.
And you can still get admission at any prestigious institution.
Those who have backlogs must do thorough research before applying to US university.
A well written SOP acts a Savior for a candidate who has 3-4 backlogs.

On average the GRE score must range about 155 to 163 for verbal and 155 to 167 for quants with many programs wanting scores in the minimum 160s or top 10-15 percentile.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?