5th August 2014, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

To do Ph.D in USA do I need to do GRE and TOEFL? What are the scholarships given?

I have finished MSc in organic chemistry from pune university and willing to do phd in usa so is gre and toefl to be given. what scholarship i can get? please send me mail [email protected]

23rd November 2014, 03:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: To do Ph.D in USA do I need to do GRE and TOEFL? What are the scholarships given?

Yes, you need to appear for GRE and TOEFL examinations to study in abroad. Whatever the course you are going to pursue in US, you need to appear for GRE and TOEFL examinations. Admissions in US Universities will be done on GRE and TOEFL score. So, if you wish to pursue Ph.D in USA, then, you must appear for GRE and TOEFL examinations. If you apply to universities providing scholarships, then, you can avail scholarship for pursuing higher studies.
23rd November 2014, 05:08 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: To do Ph.D in USA do I need to do GRE and TOEFL? What are the scholarships given?

Yes, GRE and TOEFL is needed to be given if you want to pursue PhD in USA unless you have got any offer of research internship from any of the US Universities. Scholarships are given by the universities where one take up PhD course if the university finds that the student has produced excellent performance in the field of academics or has shown outstanding performance in any other field of talent. Even scholarships are also given to students who have done exceptionally well in the entrance exams or some section of the entrance exams. PhD candidates also get an opportunity of being associate or assistants of professors and have a part time income. However, it depends on the professors regarding such opportunity.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?