3rd October 2015, 03:48 AM
Unregistered

Is it good to do MPH or M.Sc course in Canada?

Hi,

I am a dentist from India with one year internship completed and now working in a private clinic. Though my future plans are to give national dental board exams but right now I am looking for masters in Canada. Is it better to go for MPH program or for MSc in public health program?
Also the scope of MPH, MSc and Dentistry in Canada?

27th July 2023, 02:16 PM
SurajKapoor

Default Re: Is it good to do MPH or M.Sc course in Canada?

That's a great question. Both MPH and MSc in Public Health are great programs, and the best one for you will depend on your specific interests and career goals.
MPH programs typically focus on the social and environmental determinants of health, while MSc programs in Public Health typically focus on the biological and clinical aspects of public health. If you are interested in working in public health policy or research, then an MPH program may be a better fit for you. If you are interested in working in clinical public health, such as epidemiology or preventive medicine, then an MSc program in Public Health may be a better fit for you.

The scope of MPH, MSc, and Dentistry in Canada is quite good. There are many job opportunities in the public health sector, as well as in the private sector for dentists. However, it is important to note that the job market for dentists is becoming increasingly competitive, so it is important to have a strong academic record and relevant work experience.[/COLOR]
Job titles that you could hold with an MPH or MSc in Public Health:
  • Public health officer
  • Epidemiologist
  • Health policy analyst
  • Program manager
  • Research associate
zjob titles that you could hold with a dentistry degree:
  • Dentist
  • Dental hygienist
  • Dental assistant
  • Dental lab technician
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?