22nd February 2015, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for GRE exam for doing MS in USA top Universities?

I am doing b.tech in electrical engineering and i am keen to do MS from top universities in USA..i am presently studying in 2nd year.. i have enough time so i want a good preparation for GRE.. how should i prepare?what will be a good score? On what aspects should i need to give more emphasis?

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for GRE exam for doing MS in USA top Universities? -- [New]
  2. Is GRE exam a good way to enter MIT, USA and other top notch universities? What is the procedure for it?
  3. How will I have to perform to get into top universities of USA? I will be graduating in May
  4. How much should I score in GRE and TOEFL to be eligible for top 50 universities? List of universities for MS in PM?
  5. How much TOEFL score should I get in order to get into top 20-30 universities of USA? Which universities are good in Electronics Stream in USA?
  6. What should I do either go to USA for MS or try for placement? I am pursuing B.Tech and scored 990 marks in GRE. Would I get admission in top universities of USA?
  7. Eligibility Criteria of GRE and TOEFL for admission in USA universities?
  8. List of universities offering M.S. in Telecommunication & Networking in USA? Requirements for admission?
  9. How do I get admission in top US universities like MIT, Berkeley, Caltech, Princeton? How do I prepare for SAT or GRE?
  10. How much scholarship can I get in universities in USA after scoring 1220 in GRE? How is the fee structure?
  11. Which are the top universities for Management Post Graduates in USA? How much TOEFL and GRE score is required to enter in Management Faculty?
  12. When should I apply for GRE and TOEFL? How much marks are needed to apply for top universities?
  13. In which universities can I get in USA for MS in CS after scoring 820 GRE score?
  14. How can I get admission in top 20 universities in USA for MS in Mechanical? I've secured 1350 GRE score, 85% marks in 10th and 80% marks in 12th
  15. Minimum marks required in GRE and TOEFL to get into the top universities for MS in Civil Engineering in USA?
  16. How to prepare for GRE and TOEFL for admission in MS programs in USA? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Eligibility, percentage required, GRE and TOEFL scores, amount and scholarship for MS in Canada?
  18. Am I eligible for doing Masters in Germany with 58.81% in Engineering?
24th February 2015, 01:37 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for GRE exam for doing MS in USA top Universities?

You should score above 300 marks to get MS admission in top universities. If you are good at Mathematics and English, you can easily get 300 marks in GRE exam, because the mathematics syllabus is the syllabus, which we have learnt in your 7th to 10th standard. And you should build your vocabulary to score good marks in English. You can improve your vocabulary by learning English words. The following link can help you to learn more number of words.
https://gre.magoosh.com/flashcards/vocabulary/decks
If you are not good at English or mathematics, then it is better to get coaching from any good caoching institute.

Best Books to Prepare for GRE Exam:-
1. ETS GRE official Guide
2. Barron's GRE
3. Manhattan 5LB
4. VISU GRE material
5. GRE Bible
24th December 2018, 04:24 PM
roybhatty1125

Default Re: How to prepare for GRE exam for doing MS in USA top Universities?

By this time you might have completed your MS in your dream university. But if someone with same enthusiasm can plan in the early stage of the engineering as the top universities accepts only the good CGPA with good GRE score in many cases. Any kinds of research work, projects, conferences, workshops, paper presentations – these will be supremely helpful.
Get the good guidance from many online resources and your professors.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?