19th December 2013, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Loan for SC/ST to study MS in Abroad?

I want to peruse my MS in Electrical field I've completed my B.E in Electrical and Electronics with 53% from VTU, since I'm from middle class family I can't afford to study in abroad. I want to know that whether i'll be getting any kind of support from government since I belong to ST category, I heard that I do get loan around 20 lakhs in SBI with liquid assert (I'm not sure cuz of percentage in B.E) and my education costs living cost in abroad will cost around 40 to 50 lakhs. I'm looking for authentic answer ASAP.

20th February 2014, 01:32 AM
naveen1221

Default Re: Loan for SC/ST to study MS in Abroad?

Hello Friend !!

Getting Loan sanctioned is not related to the Percentage in your Academics, rather your seat confirmation for higher studies.

If your admission is confirmed and you have the I-20 from the college, then you can apply for the Education Loan.

Since you are from backward castes, your process will get soon with less formalities and also the rate of interest reduces when compared to general caste candidates.

If your admission is confirmed your chances of getting loan is easier and simpler since you are from backward caste, because our India Govt. goal is to encourage and develop the people from backward caste's.

And the cost for MS program won't reach till 40 or 50 lakhs but you can expect 20 to 25 lakhs minimum to complete the course.

And if loan is sanctioned, you will get the Loan amount which is required to complete the course.

The loan includes the Tuition Fee for all semesters.

You can start repaying the loan amount either after getting the Job or after completing the tenure as per agreement which ever is earlier.

Specializations in Masters for Electrical Engineer:

Master of Science in Electrical Engineering

Master of Research in Electrical and Electronics Engineering

Master of Science in Advanced Electronic and Electrical Engineering

Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering

Master of Engineering (Electrical and Computer Engineering) by Research

Master of Science in Electrical Power Engineering

Master of Engineering (Electrical and Information Engineering) - By Research

Master of Science in Electronic Engineering and Physics

Master of Science in Electrical Power Systems

Master of Engineering (Electrical)

Master of Engineering Technology (Electrical and Electronic) (By Research)

Master of Engineering (Electrical) - Control Engineering (By Research)

Master of Engineering Studies (Electrical Engineering)

Master of Engineering by Research (Electrical, Computer and Telecommunications)

Master of Professional Engineering (Electrical)

Master of Science in Image and Video Communications and Signal Processing

Master of Professional Engineering - Electrical and Electronics Engineering

Master of Engineering Science (Electrical Engineering)

Good Luck !!
3rd March 2014, 07:51 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It is good to see that inspite of unfavorable financial conditions, you did not lose hope and aspiring for higher studies especially MS degree course abroad. Getting scholarship from Indian government to study abroad is difficult since there is provision of scholarship to ST students for study within India but not of abroad. However, for the universities which partners with Indian Education Council for Education Exchange, you can get scholarship there.

The best option before you is take education loan. You are right that the maximum loan amount can be 20 lakhs and that too on conditions of mortgage. However, universities in Germany do not charge tution fees, hence education in Germany is cheaper. You can surely pursue your education there by taking education loan. You can also get some subsidy in the interest rate since you are from ST community. You can also try for scholarship which is given by the minority department of the ministry affairs.
3rd March 2014, 08:18 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It is good to see that inspite of unfavorable financial conditions, you did not lose hope and aspiring for higher studies especially MS degree course abroad. Getting scholarship from Indian government to study abroad is difficult since there is provision of scholarship to ST students for study within India but not of abroad. However, for the universities which partners with Indian Education Council for Education Exchange, you can get scholarship there.

The best option before you is take education loan. You are right that the maximum loan amount can be 20 lakhs and that too on conditions of mortgage. However, universities in Germany do not charge tution fees, hence education in Germany is cheaper. You can surely pursue your education there by taking education loan. You can also get some subsidy in the interest rate since you are from ST community. You can also try for scholarship which is given by the minority department of the ministry affairs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?