17th January 2014, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

Masters in USA after BCA correspondence? Should I apply or do 1 year Diploma first?

Hi,
I joined BE (IT) after 12th science but i opted out due to some personal family problems. After that i joined and completed by BCA from sikkim manipal university. (govt and UGC recognized, 3 yr degree).

Thus, i have 12 3 = 15 yr of education.

I have scored 92 in toefl and GRE Score - Q - 168, V-165

Should i apply for masters in usa? Is there any hope that any 1 of the low end university will accept me for m.s in computer networking?

Btw, i have 2 good recommendation letters from reputed people and i have also cleared ccnp (cisco certified networking professional). I am currently also pursuing ccie (cisco certified inter-network expert).

Should i apply now or do any 1 yr PG Diploma course (in the mean while complete ccie) and then apply?

Related Questions:
  1. Will I be able to join BCA course in Correspondence having completed Diploma in EEE but having a backlog?
  2. BCA Correspondence Course Details: Fee Structure, Timings and Course Duration? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What are the steps and procedure to apply for masters degree from USA?
  4. How to do BCA in correspondence after completing diploma in information science?
  5. Does ICFAI and SMU offer masters course?
  6. Which is better for me to join between MCA and Job in Wipro after completing BCA?
  7. How to do masters from USA/UK after doing BDS degree from India?
  8. Is BCA degree through distance learning program valuable or not?
  9. Can I do Masters in USA after finishing BCA from Pune in India? Procedure and entrance exam which I should take?
  10. Courses after graduation through Correspondence after B.Sc in Computer Science?
  11. Is there any difference in joining masters program through correspondence and regular basis?
  12. Can I do dual B.Tech course with correspondence diploma after B.Tech 2nd year EEE? What is the duration of correspondence diploma?? How many colleges are there in correspondence diploma?
  13. How to pursue Masters programme in USA? Eligibility criteria for the exam?
  14. Will I be able to go abroad for masters studies in USA after clearing the backlogs?
  15. Universities offering Masters in Clinical Pharmacology in USA? How to apply for those universities?
  16. Can I do MCA in USA after Completing BCA from India? What exam do I need to write and what will be the fee structure?
  17. How may i join correspondence course in PhD after completion of my MCA (correspondence)? List of universities for the same?
  18. How to do masters in USA after pursuing electrical engineering? Which stream should I select for my masters?
23rd January 2014, 10:22 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Masters in USA after BCA correspondence? Should I apply or do 1 year Diploma first?

First of all congrats. It is very good that you have both GRE & TOEFL scores. it will at least help you get into one of the foreign universities if you want to do that after your BCA. by the way you said that you are now continuing ccie (cisco certified inter-network expert) which is a very good course.

So if you would first complete that and then apply for your masters degree in any of the foreign university you will have greater chances of acceptances. So according to me if you complete your continuing ccie course and the meanwhile apply for a postgraduate diploma in computer science line then it would be better for you.

The postgraduate diploma in addition to enhancing your qualification will enable or make you eligible for a masters course. because just after a correspondence bachelor degree it is difficult to get accepted by any university inside India only to get a masters degree in regular course. so to be on a safe side you complete your postgraduate diploma and then go for a masters in US.

Your GRE score will remain valid for 1 Year at least.In addition to that you even have recommendation letters from reputed people and you have also cleared ccnp (cisco certified networking professional) so there are fair chances of getting into a good university. so dont worry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?