5th December 2014, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to study MDS in USA for BDS candidate?

hello
i want to know the procedure to pursue
mds in usa after completing
bds in andhrapradesh ?????
kindly tell me soon thank you

Related Questions:
  1. How to proceed to do PG in USA after BDS in India?
  2. How MDS can be done in USA after BDS in India? Duration of MDS practice in USA? Scope and scholarship?
  3. Procedure to do BDS related studies in USA or UK? What is the procedure to join in USA or UK?
  4. What is the procedure of doing MDS from UK after BDS from India?
  5. Job in USA after BDS from Myanmar? Can I continue to study MDS or DDS in USA?
  6. How can I apply for entrance exam to get admission in USA for MDS program being a BDS 2nd year student? Procedure to get scholarship?
  7. Procedure for Visa to apply in USA after BDS?
  8. Which course and university is better after BDS to study in USA and Australia?
  9. Which are the entrance exams available to do MDS in USA?
  10. Criteria to do MDS in USA? What is the fee structure to do MDS in USA?
  11. Further study options in USA after MDS Oral Medicine and Radiology? With Indian MDS can PhD be done in USA?
  12. Details about MDS in USA? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. List of Universities offering MDS course in India? Information regarding the Entrance Exams and fee structures for this course? What are the Career Options after completion of BDS other than MDS?
  14. Best universities in USA for MDS course?
  15. Whether a candidate is eligible to practice in USA if completed MDS in India through ORE? Fee structure of MDS programme in Washington University?
  16. Is there any entrance exam available to pursue MDS in Singapore for BDS doctor?
  17. How to pursue MDS in USA after doing BDS from India? Is Bachelors degree valid? What exam do I need to give?
  18. Indian MDS degree is valid for working in USA? Do I need to study ant other course? What would be the cost for it?
8th December 2014, 10:04 PM
bablurocks

Default Re: Procedure to study MDS in USA for BDS candidate?

Hello,

Since you hold a Bachelors in Dental Surgery you should be able to make through the desired program, provided the university /institute is recognized and has the required accreditations. However, an appropriate list of universities can be provided only when you suffice with the test scores (Graduate Record Examination-GRE & Test of English as a Foreign Language-TOEFL) or at least the projected scores and the academic records as well. It must also be remembered that many universities would require you to take the Dental Admission Test (DAT) instead of the Graduate Record Examination-GRE.

DAT is a standardized test approved by the American Dental Association for use in assessing the probable success of bachelor's degree students applying for admission to first degree programs in dentistry. It consists of four parts: scientific knowledge, quantitative reasoning, verbal reasoning, and perceptual ability.

The American Dental Association (ADA) website has more information regarding the DAT's structure.

The admission requirements can be very specific. For instance West Virginia University requires Students must have passed the National Dental Board Examination part 1 and 2 and the eligibility to appear for the same includes certification that the student has successfully completed all subjects included in Part I from the dean of the dental school or a designee of the dean.

As of now you may go through the course structure in the following universities and assess your interest :

Boston University
Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

Loma Linda University
School of Dentistry

I hope this helps!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?