18th September 2014, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Indian MDS degree is valid for working in USA? Do I need to study ant other course? What would be the cost for it?

HI,
I'm doing BDS in India. I wanted to know if we can do MDS here in India and work in the US.
What are the exams we have to take?
Do we have to take any extra courses?
If so, how much will it cost in dollars and how long is the course?

I'm a American citizen, does this make any difference? (studied in US until high school, came to India for college)

8th August 2017, 10:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Indian MDS degree is valid for working in USA? Do I need to study ant other course? What would be the cost for it?

No, you can't practice in USA as a dentist based on your MDS degree from India. You need to have DDS qualification to practice in US. Hence, you need to take admission in DDS in any US university.

For foreign dental graduates, there is special advanced course offered in US to complete DDS and get license to practice there. The fee varies from university to university.
15th July 2019, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Indian MDS degree is valid for working in USA? Do I need to study ant other course? What would be the cost for it?

Hello i am mds in pedodontics. What should i have to do to practice in USA as a dentist can i do MPH?
21st October 2020, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

Have done MDS in India...what should I do if I go to USA
13th June 2021, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

I did MDS in India and by virtue of marriage with H1 visa holder I came to US on H4 visa. Now my problem is to do MDS in US what I have to do
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?