16th June 2015, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between GRE and GATE exams?

I am a 2nd year Electronic & Telecommunication engineering student. I want to know about the difference between the GRE & GATE exams.
Thank you.

21st June 2015, 07:46 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between GRE and GATE exams?

There is a lot of difference between GRE and GATE examinations. GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination. It is a standardized test which is taken by candidates who wish to pursue their higher studies in US universities. GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is an All India Level entrance examination which is conducted for admission to Master's degree courses in Indian Institutions. GATE examination score is also helpful to get a job in top companies.
21st June 2015, 10:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between GRE and GATE exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a 2nd year Electronic & Telecommunication engineering student. I want to know about the difference between the GRE & GATE exams.
Thank you.
GATE exam is conducted for M.Tech/Ph.D course in India and GRE exam is conducted for higher degree in abroad.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE Exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination.

There are no specific eligibility criteria for GRE Test. This examination open for all candidates who are willing to pursue for higher degree in abroad.

Types of Graduate Record Examination test

1) Revised General Test
2) GRE Subject Tests
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?