15th September 2014, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

What I have to do for PhD from Foreign countries if studied from IISER?

I wish to do phd after my bsms degree in iiser bhopal in foreign country.what i have to do for doing phd in foreign country being studies from reputed iiser?

Related Questions:
  1. PhD in foreign countries with scholarship? How to find such colleges?
  2. In which entrance exam to appear for Integrated PhD in IISER? Eligibility criteria and top most coaching for the entrance exam?
  3. Job offerings in Foreign countries Agriculture graduate?
  4. Is there any way for me to pursue the Ph.D course in Germany? I have no financial support
  5. Scope of BDS in foreign countries? Jobs and salaries for Dentists in Abroad?
  6. How to take admission in IISER Mohali in MS Ph.D in Physics
  7. What should I do to pursue MS in foreign countries after B.Tech?
  8. Availability of application forms for BARC and IISER integrated PhD in Physics?
  9. Which are the good universities providing doctorate degree with HR in India and those providing the same in Foreign Countries? What is the selection procedure?
  10. Job Opportunities for EC students in foreign countries except US?
  11. In which entrance exam should I appear to get admission in IISER for Integrated Ph.D Chemical Sciences programme being a non-Maths student? Eligibility criteria of the entrance exam?
  12. How to get a job in finance after doing MBA 2nd year in Marketing and Finance
  13. Career in abroad after completing PGDCR/M.Sc CR/PGDDM?
  14. Scope of Post Graduation in medical microbiology after B.Sc. Microbiology? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How can I get a job in Foreign countries after completing MBA in finance and marketing
  16. How to pursue MCA in abroad after doing final year BCA? What is the duration of MCA in foreign countries? Procedure to get into the foreign colleges
  17. Prospects of MBBS students Abroad?
  18. PhD part time/full time Computer Science in IIT or Foreign university?
22nd September 2014, 02:13 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What I have to do for PhD from Foreign countries if studied from IISER?

It is good to see you aspire for higher studies. You can definitely pursue your PhD degree course abroad and for that you need to give the following entrance exams :-

-GRE or Graduate Record Examination
-TOEFL or IELTS

Along with good or average scores in the above entrance exams if you have the following, your chance of getting admission will be very high.

-Outstanding GPA
-Having some research publications / technical projects
-Real time work experience works well.
-Good subject GRE score.
23rd June 2023, 06:10 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Default Re: What I have to do for PhD from Foreign countries if studied from IISER?

If you have studied at IISER (Indian Institute of Science Education and Research) and wish to pursue a Ph.D. from a foreign country, here are the general steps you can follow:

Research Your Options: Start by researching universities and programs in the country where you want to pursue your Ph.D. Look for universities that have strong research programs in your field of interest. Consider factors such as faculty expertise, research opportunities, funding options, and overall reputation.

Contact Potential Advisors: Once you have identified universities and programs of interest, reach out to potential advisors whose research aligns with your interests. Introduce yourself, express your interest in their work, and inquire about Ph.D. opportunities in their research group. This communication can help establish a connection and increase your chances of securing a Ph.D. position.

Prepare Application Materials: Review the application requirements and deadlines of the universities and programs you are interested in. Prepare all the necessary application materials, which may include academic transcripts, statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, resume/CV, and standardized test scores (if required). Tailor your application materials to highlight your research experience, academic achievements, and relevant skills.

Standardized Tests: Check if the universities you are applying to require any standardized tests such as the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) or the TOEFL/IELTS (English language proficiency tests). If required, register for the exams and prepare accordingly. Be aware of the test deadlines and ensure you have enough time to receive and report your scores.

Financial Considerations: Research the available funding options for international students at the universities you are applying to. Look for scholarships, grants, assistantships, or fellowships that can support your Ph.D. studies. Explore external funding opportunities such as government scholarships, research grants, or international scholarships specific to your home country.

Submit Applications: Complete and submit your applications by the specified deadlines. Pay attention to any additional requirements or supplementary documents requested by each university. Keep track of application submission dates, and ensure that all materials reach the universities on time.

Interviews: If shortlisted, you may be invited for an interview. This can be conducted in person or through video conferencing. Prepare for the interview by reviewing your research interests, potential research projects, and the contributions you can make to the field.

Acceptance and Visa: If you receive an offer of admission, carefully review the terms of the offer, including financial support, program requirements, and any conditions. Once you accept an offer, you will need to go through the visa application process. Familiarize yourself with the visa requirements and procedures of the country where you will be studying.

Prepare for Departure: Make necessary arrangements for accommodation, travel, and other logistical matters. Ensure that you have all the required documents, including your passport, visa, and necessary academic credentials. Familiarize yourself with the new environment, culture, and academic system of the country you will be studying in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?