19th May 2021, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Will I be allowed to work in Australia having student visa? Would I be given job opportunity?

I am planning to study abroad and have got offer in Master Of Commerce in UNSW Business School, Australia. I have done B.Tech (IT) and hold one year's work experience in an International IT Firm. Would I be given job opportunity in Australia after completing this course since, I will be on student visa there?

23rd May 2021, 04:16 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Will I be allowed to work in Australia having student visa? Would I be given job opportunity?

You can work up to 40 hours every two weeks while you are studying, and unlimited hours during holiday breaks. Workplace protections: You have the same protections at work as anyone else working in Australia. Minimum wage: You will get at least a minimum rate of pay per hour no matter what job you do.
23rd May 2021, 04:17 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be allowed to work in Australia having student visa? Would I be given job opportunity?

Yes, you will be allowed to work in Australia having student Visa. A student on a Student Visa is entitled to earn a minimum wage of $18.23 per hour or $719.20 per 38 hour week (before tax) for working both on-campus and off-campus during the period of their full-time study.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?