Government Colleges for Ph. D in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Obstetrics and Gynaecology, which is abbreviated as Obs & Gynae, OB/GYN, O & G and OBG are the medical specialties that deal with the reproductive organs of female not only in the state of pregnancy, but also in a non-pregnancy state and therefore, they are combined to form a single PG training programme and a single medical specialty. PG course in this specialization of medicine is offered by many colleges in India with approval from the Medical Council of India, however, Ph. D in this branch of medicine is offered only by a single government college in India and the college is:
• All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Medical Council of India has approved the All India Institute of Medical Science, which is an autonomous body to offer Ph. D course in Obstetrics and gynaecology.
Eligibility for seeking admission to Ph. D in Obstetrics & Gynaecology in AIIMS:
Eligibility requirement of getting into the Ph. D in Obstetrics & Gynaecology is as follows:
• For getting into the Ph. D in Obstetrics & Gynaecology course at AIIMS, candidates must have completed their PG degree in the same discipline from an institution recognized by the Medical Council of India
• This PG degree must have been obtained by the candidates after completion of MBBS course with not less than 55% of aggregate marks.
Period within which Ph. D in Obstetrics & Gynaecology should be completed:
Normally the maximum duration allowed by All India Institute of Medical Science to students for completing their Ph. D course (for submission of thesis) is five years and the five-year will be calculated from the date of registration of the candidate for the Ph. D in Obstetrics & Gynaecology course.
AIIMS admits students to different Ph. D courses offered by it through a Ph. D entrance process, which comprises of two stages as given below:
• The first stage of the process of admission to the Ph. D in Obstetrics & Gynaecology is the written test, which will be conducted for 80 marks and time given for completing this test is 90 minutes. The questions for the written test will be based on Obstetrics & Gynaecology and the format of question paper is theory based multiple choice questions and there will also be practical/clinical based short questions. Each correct answer will carry one mark and 1/3rd of the mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. Once a candidate gets through this examination he/she will be called for second stage of departmental test
• For getting a call for the departmental test, candidates must have cleared the written test with at least 50% of marks and the number of candidates to be invited for the second stage will be decided on the basis of three times the number of seats advertised by the institute and in this process candidates with highest percentage of marks will be given preference
• Admission to this course will be based on the availability of funds/fellowship from an approved funding agency. A candidate will be finalized for admission only on the basis of production of evidence for availability of funds/grants from the candidate through the department head of Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
AIIMS being one of the best institutions for medical education and Obstetrics & Gynaecology having a greater scope, the number of students competing for PG and Ph. D course in Obstetrics & Gynaecology from AIIMS is always increasing and therefore candidates will have to get through a tough process of selection before their admission to the Ph. D in Obstetrics & Gynaecology course is finalized at AIIMS.
- Kerala University, M.D., Obstetrics and Gynecology Papers
- Combined Medical Services Exam (Paper II) papers
- UPSC, Combined Medical Services Exam, Paper II (Code No. 2) Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics and Preventive & Social Medicine Papers
- Government Colleges for Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Course Structure of MBBS
- Stanley Medical College, Chennai
- University Of Kerala, B.H.M.S, Third Year Papers
- PSG Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Coimbatore
- Possible Higher Study Options after M.B.B.S
- List of Courses in Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana
- M.D. in Obstetrics and Gynecology colleges
- Government Colleges in Warangal, Andhra Pradesh
- MBBS Colleges in Jharkhand
- List of Courses in Sri Ramachandra University
- Government Colleges in Mysore, Karnataka