Himalayan Pharmacy Institute, East Sikkim
The Himalayan Pharmacy Institute is the only institution offering pharmacy courses in the state of Sikkim and it is affiliated to the University of Sikkim. The institute started to offer diploma course in pharmaceutical science in the year 1990 and degree course in the year 1997.
Himalayan Pharmacy Institution is offering doctoral, master, bachelor and diploma course in pharmacy for a duration of three, two, four and two years respectively.
Eligibility for admission:
For getting admission to the diploma and UG course, the students must have completed 10+2 under science stream of education with a minimum of 50% of marks PCB or PCM from a recognized board and a relaxation of 5% of marks is given to students belonging to SC/ST category for diploma course. Students who have already completed their diploma course from a recognized institution can get direct admission to the second year of degree course. In the case of PG course, students must have completed bachelor of pharmacy from a recognized Indian University or institute approved by AICTE with a minimum of 60% of marks and for this course candidates with valid GATE score will be given preference. For doctoral course, candidates with minimum of 60% of marks in M. Pharm are admitted.
Training & placement Cell:
The institution has a training & placement cell working on the guidance of the authorities and it is the headed by Mr. B.K. Dey, who is the assistant professor in the department of pharmaceutics of the institution.
Location of the institution:
Himalayan Pharmacy Institution is located at the city called Majhitar at about four kilometers from Rangpo. It is located in the border town of Sikkim and West Bengal, the nearest Airport is Bagdogra airport and railway station is New Jalpaiguri.
Himalayan Pharmacy Institute,
East Sikkim – 737136
- List of Colleges in Sikkim University, Gangtok
- List of Top Colleges in Sikkim
- List of AICTE approved colleges in Sikkim
- List of AICTE approved colleges in Himachal Pradesh
- Research Associates, Junior Research Fellow, Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology
- Scientist C, Scientist B, Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology
- Damber Singh College, East Sikkim
- Junior Research Fellows, G.B. Pant Institute of Himalayan Environment & Development
- B.Pharm colleges in Andhra Pradesh
- Government Colleges in Gangtok, Sikkim
- List of Pharmacy Colleges in Andhra Pradesh
- M.Pharm Colleges in Maharashtra
- List of Universities in Sikkim
- Harkamaya College of Education, East Sikkim
- Pharmacy Colleges in Bangalore