Scope after B.A. in Fashion Designing
B. A. in Fashion Designing is an undergraduate course which deals with the art of designing and increasing the beauty of clothing and other accessories. The field of fashion changes from time to time. This increases the scope of fashion designers. The duration of the course is three years. The aspirants after completing B.A. in Fashion Designing can pursue their higher education. The candidates can find many job opportunities as well after completing B.A. in Fashion Designing.
Higher studies after B.A. in Fashion Designing
There are few options for doing post graduate course after B.A. in Fashion Designing. The candidate can opt for M.A. in Fashion Technology, Master of Fashion Management, or Master of Design. All these courses have good scope and are in great demand. Nation Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) offers Master of Fashion Management, or Master of Design. There is entrance exam for getting admission in NIFT. The candidates after clearing the written exam have to appear for group discussion. This is followed by interview. It is considered very prestigious to complete a post graduation degree from NIFT. The job prospects also increase after completing post graduation course.
Job opportunities after B.A. in Fashion Designing
The aspirants after completing B.A. in Fashion Designing can find opportunities in various fashion firms, film industry, export companies, etc. The different employment areas for aspirants after completing B.A. in Fashion Designing are listed below.
- Fashion Media
- Fashion Marketing and Merchandising
- Export Houses
- Garment Manufacturing Unit
- Fashion Show Management
- Planning And Concept Management
- Leather Companies
- Jewellery Houses
- Fashion Accessory
- Media Houses
- Promotion of Brands
- Design Production
- Show Room
The candidates can find different job types in these employment areas. Some of them are listed below.
- Costume Designer
- Fashion Consultant
- Fashion Coordinator & Fabric Buyer
- Design Promoter
- Fashion Show Organizers
- Sales Representative
- Technical Designer
- Pattern Maker
- Quality Control
- Graphic Designer
- Fabric Quality Control Manager
- Apparel Production Manager
- Cutting Assistant
Government Jobs after B.A. Fashion Designing
There are many firms in public sector where professional fashion designers are required. The textile companies under the Government of India recruit graduates in fashion designing. These firms recruit professionals through entrance exam.
Private Jobs after B.A. Fashion Designing
The aspirants can find opportunities in film industry, fashion shows, boutiques, private textile industries, and export houses, garment factory, etc.
Jobs Abroad after B.A. Fashion Designing
The aspirants can find a large number of opportunities abroad. Many international firms recruit fashion designers. The candidates working in such firms get a lot of opportunities to learn more and also to travel to different places. Some of the fashion designing firms abroad are ASM clothing, EDUN, Kirribilla, Giorgio Armani S.p.A, etc.
- Fashion Designing Courses
- Fashion Designing or Textile Designing - which field is better?
- Difference between B.Des (Fashion Designing) and B.A. (Fashion Designing)
- B.Sc in Fashion designing, Fashion Designing B.Sc
- M.Sc in Fashion Technology, Fashion Technology M.Sc
- Fashion Designer - How to become a Fashion Designer?
- Difference between Fashion Design and Fashion Technology
- Diploma in Fashion Designing or Diploma in Interior Designing - Which course is better?
- Higher Studies options after B.A in Fashion Designing
- Higher Study Options after B.Sc (Fashion Designing)
- Courses in Fashion Designing and Career opportunities
- Difference between Fashion Designer and Interior Designer
- What to do after B.Sc in Textile Designing?
- Fabric Designer- How to become Fabric Designer?
- List of Fashion Designing Entrance Exams