27th October 2010, 03:27 PM
rahul katare

Default Re: Which engineering branch is best?

There are several branches which a candidate can choose as per his own interest following are the streams of engineering which a candidate can choose
1.AUTOMOBILE ENGG.
2.CHEMICAL ENGG.
3.ELECTRICAL ENGG.
4. ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGG.
5.FOOD ENGG.
6.COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGG.
7.INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
8.MECHANICAL ENGG.
9.CIVIL ENGG.
10.AERONAUTICAL ENGG.
11.MARINE ENGG.
12.TEXTILE ENGG.
13.AIRCRAFT ENGG.
14.HARDWARE ENGG.
15.FIRE & SAFETY ENGG.
16.AGRICULTURE ENGG.
17.BIOINFORMATICS ENGG.
18.CERAMIC ENGG.
19.POLLYMER ENGG.
As a whole ther are several engg. Streams which a candidate can choose as per his own interests
Best of luck

Related Questions:
27th October 2010, 03:29 PM
rahul katare

Smile Re: Which engineering branch is best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanshu View Post
It all depends on ur choice
in coming days its civil which has best scope in respect to others
rest depends on ur choice
There are several branches which a candidate can choose as per his own interest following are the streams of engineering which a candidate can choose
1.AUTOMOBILE ENGG.
2.CHEMICAL ENGG.
3.ELECTRICAL ENGG.
4. ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGG.
5.FOOD ENGG.
6.COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGG.
7.INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
8.MECHANICAL ENGG.
9.CIVIL ENGG.
10.AERONAUTICAL ENGG.
11.MARINE ENGG.
12.TEXTILE ENGG.
13.AIRCRAFT ENGG.
14.HARDWARE ENGG.
15.FIRE & SAFETY ENGG.
16.AGRICULTURE ENGG.
17.BIOINFORMATICS ENGG.
18.CERAMIC ENGG.
19.POLLYMER ENGG.
As a whole ther are several engg. Streams which a candidate can choose as per his own interests
Best of luck
27th October 2010, 04:17 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

actually you should study in a branch in which you have your own interest. it should not depend totally upon the scope and job opportunity. but obviously it is also a factor. i am telling you the recent picture of engineering. after that choose whatever you want.

electrical, mechanical, civil engineering these are evergreen branch of engineering. always these have a good job opportunity and scope. every student studying in these branch may get job in core if they want.

electronics- presently there is a trend towards electronics and communication engineering. lots of student taking admission in these branch. but the actual fact is after studying in electronics most of the students are going towards software job because job in electronics core company is limited. but this branch has a good scope and job opportunity also now.

computer science and information technology(IT)- presently job opportunity from this branch is very less. before few years it has a great demand but now not so much. as a result a few number of student taking admission in these branch. most of the college have blank seat for these branch. there may be chance that after 3 or 4 years there will be shortage of computer engineer. at that time market will be also in good condition. so then may be computer engineer will face a good scope and job opportunity.

chemical engineering is also has a good scope specially in research field. also number of students passing out from this branch is very less. it has also good scope and job opportunity.

now choose yourself in which branch you want to go. but all are good. go towards on the basis of your interest not on the market condition. because good engineers have always demand and they will go so far irrespective of branch. study well scope will come towards you.

all the best.
27th October 2010, 04:53 PM
yogananda143

in my view CSE is very easy and also it has many opprtunies.it is better to go for CSE or IT
27th October 2010, 06:09 PM
mseetharamster

CSE :Doing CSE you can get a job very easily, it just depends on the market condition then, depends on the software boom.It cannot be predicted by anyone.But you should be a passout from a a college that is above average in ratings.

IT:Doing IT makes no difference and will be same if you are a top college,but will not have value if you are from an average college or below average colleges.If you do IT then you will also lose chance to write Civils.

Mechanical:It has a good scope in future because there is a good development in the aeronautical and the automobile industry.And many predict the development.

Electronics:If you are from electronics background then you will get software job easily.And also you can get into other research institutes as electronics engineer.

Chemical:It is a branch that has a good scope but should get good percentage of 80% if not you may not get job easily.But the payscale is high.
27th October 2010, 08:26 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Unhappy Re: Which engineering branch is best?

evey engineering branch is good as all have bright future but if you are asking with respect to job opportunities in government as well as private job . then mechanical engineering is the best branch. however after that you can choose branches like electric and electronics, electronic and communication. computer science is also a good branch but the possibility of government job is nill in this case . but private jobs are readily available.
28th October 2010, 10:41 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends,

now these days core engineering branch is very good for making the carrier,

such as

MECHANICAL ENGINEERING

ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING

CIVIL ENGINEERING

also after the crisis computer science is good option.
3rd November 2010, 04:47 AM
Unregistered

Elec., mech , n civil r best n eva green, . . Bt it ultimtly dependz on ur intrst...
5th November 2010, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

I think every engineering is important and interdependent each other.but chemical engineering is the WORLD LEADING department.
7th November 2010, 08:08 PM
megha ram singh

Every branch of engineering is best in itself, it depends upon the individual's interest and hardwork.

first you come to know that what is your field of interest & then decide in which branch you want to go.. good luck..
8th November 2010, 06:50 AM
avinash kr.
Banned

the ece branch is good for you because today electronicss branch is best. so i advise you to choose the ece branch for the batter carrer and batter future , thanking you ..
12th November 2010, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

choosing good engineering college is more important then choosing branch ..........
14th November 2010, 08:04 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir
i have passed 12 with 73%. which branch should i choose now for enginnering?
i want to choose a branch which will have a good scope in coming 2 or 3 years.but i dont know which suld be choosen.
here i m giveing a list wshich to chose
1 ece
2 chemical
3 cse
4 it
5 mecinacal
plz suggest me about which suld be choose and why?
I think the best branch after 2-3 year is mechanical and electrical and civil and other branch will come down with time due to number of student in these branch in current senerio.
14th November 2010, 08:05 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
which branch is bast
bio technology
chemical en.
Chemical engineering is better branch then other non technical branches.
In terms of placement and salary and future scope.
14th November 2010, 08:07 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
is there any future in CS??
If you done engineering from good institution with good knowledge then surely a good scope in this field otherwise due to large number of student in this field not a good future.
14th November 2010, 08:09 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
what is d major difference between bio medical engineering and biotechnology??
is bio medical engineering good?
is their any good career scope of bio medical engineering in India??

Their is difference in bio technology and bio medical engineer.
Medical concern with medicine while technology means curing using technology and hitech instrument like laser machine.
I think bio technology is better than bio medical.
16th November 2010, 05:57 PM
manishdho

firstly you decide,you have to get a perticular branch in which u intersted because every branch are good ,and ignore all other things.if u i intersted in it then u worked hard for that and u will become successfull in own eyes. whereas for future prospect ece is good branch.
17th November 2010, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

if we take computer science group can we study instrumentation & biotechnolgy
29th November 2010, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

Sir,i have one doubt about ece Is it hardware branch or software engineering branch.
30th November 2010, 10:00 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,

There is nothing like that this group is best and that group is worst.
Each and every branch have its own scope,its own opportunities and its own pros and cons.

I would suggest you to choose the branch of your own interest. Whatever the branch you take, put all your efforts and settle well in lilfe.

ECE is evergreen
IT -its boom coming back
civil - rapidly developing.

my suggestion is civil
3rd December 2010, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

I am studing MBA. what are the next oppotunities? I want to go for research field... Then which colleges are best in A.P for research. In PHD finance is better or marcketting is better. plz suggest me.
9th December 2010, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

i am bca student and i complete bca for 70%.can i addmission in 2nd year engineering courses............
26th December 2010, 10:12 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend......
every branch is good at its position ........

but it is said that civil, mechanical and electrical is the evergreen branch......
30th December 2010, 07:48 PM
Sk.Subhani

Quote:
sir
i want to choose a branch which will have a good scope in coming 2 or 3 years.but i dont know which suld be choosen.
1 ece
2 chemical
3 cse
4 it
5 mecinacal
Dear friend.

Every branch has its own prospectus.

It solely depends on your interest where you can perform well and can put your interests.

If its about the ever green branches then Electronics and Communication Engineering and Mechanical Engineering have a broad spectrum of prospectus and career options.

If you are interested in something related to machines and production then join Mechanical Engineering. And if you are interested in designing mechanisms then join Mechanical Engineering.

If you are interested in Electronics and Communications then join ECE. This is really a good branch and you can enjoy the work.

All the Best!
2nd January 2011, 11:13 PM
sumitsinghal

hi sir,
all the branches of engineering is good. it is up to u that what is your intresting subject.if u like mathmatics then cire branches such as electrical , mechanical and civil engineering.if you are intrested in computer then computer science and information technology is good.all the branches have good scope.
scope of some branches are following:
computer science and information technology : infosys , accenture , microsoft
electriacal : NTPC , BHEL ,power grid .....
mechanical : jindal
10th January 2011, 03:07 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Hi friend,
All the branches mentioned are good & have a lot of career opportunity.
Its upon your performance & not on the branch which you will select.
I will prefer to choose IT over other branches because job opportunity provided by it is very much high & is going to increase even more in upcoming years.
Also i will suggest you to chose branch in which you are interested.
Best Of Luck!!!!!
10th January 2011, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

which branch is best MECHANICAL or CIVIL???
11th January 2011, 04:23 PM
rks_estate

Hello Dear,

All Engineering branch are better for your future & career depends upon your interest.

According to my opinion, you may join Electronics & Communication Engineering or Eelectrical Engineering as well as u can rather choose for Computer Sceince Engineering if u want to go into software fields.

Good Luck & Best Wishes
11th January 2011, 09:48 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

hello friend,

its because of the common trend of engineering.but if you are really determined then i feel that you must take mechanical branch as it is a sector which is always in demand.
And branches like cs or it are full of candidates and also there are many a time when recession really hits it badly and you may loose your job.
its always your decision .

good luck....
12th January 2011, 12:59 AM
kengkora

My Dear go with either Mechanical or ECE. Mechanical is one of the royal branch of engineering. both the branches have demands in PSUs and other private sector companies.
12th January 2011, 08:36 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Talking Re: Which engineering branch is best?

Quote:
sir
1 ece
2 chemical
3 cse
4 it
5 mecinacal
Dear friend,
All streams are good but according to the job scope i think CSE and IT would be the best option...
29th January 2011, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

sir, i completed my 2 with 83% in the year 2009 in tamilnadu and i joined 4 b.tech cs engineering unfortunately i discontinued my studies in 1 month..........now am married............i want to bcom an engineer its my ambition................now am going 2 write kerala entrance this year ...................which branch is best 4 future?
30th January 2011, 06:25 AM
prtk.co

You should choose mechanical .Because it is the most demandable branch in present and future.Its student do not worry about job.They can get job easily.Because in this branch eveurything depends on our hand not on technology.
30th January 2011, 09:46 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Hello Friend

You have secured very good marks and you can choose any of the branch for lightening your career as Every branch of engineering have a respect to bright and secure future.But I think you should stick with core branches like ECE or EEE as these are the most demanding branches for all the time.

Best of luck..
9th February 2011, 02:41 PM
jasnank

hello,
don't just chose on d criterion - scope in future, because engineering been always in top of professional degree, with many companies blooming around you won't find hard in getting a job..

you should more think about your interest, i myself is an ECE student and i could say if you are ready to dwell into the world of electronics it is a very good choice. i myself feel it is the best of all if you are interested in it.

if you are a person more intersted in computers and softwares chose IT or CSE. note that cse deals both the hardware and software aspects...
if you are crazy of bikes n cars or anythng so jst go for automobile man.....

no one is there to stop you, stop the worry about future, choose something you love and study hard , put your heart on it, your future will be bright..
13th February 2011, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

sir/madam,i am going to finish my inter 2 this year,i.e 2011.I am interested in both mechanical and computer engg.'s.But i ultimately dont know which to choose,so plz recommend me to choose which keeping in mind about the demands of now-a-days or future and paygrade
14th February 2011, 04:47 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
sir
1 ece
2 chemical
3 cse
4 it
5 mecinacal

dear friend,
It is very difficult to say that which stream will have the higher oppurtunities of jobs in comming 2 3 years....
so in my opinion you should take mechanical stream....
as it is a core stream and evergreen,you will be on safe side
you can also choose IT later in your career.....
Thank You...........
14th February 2011, 09:31 AM
shilpa.trivedi

Thumbs up Re: Which engineering branch is best?

Quote:
sir
1 ece
2 chemical
3 cse
4 it
5 mecinacal
hello friend....
engineering with any branch provide you better job opportunities and better job securities according to that field ....
according to your interest you may choose any of the suggested branches...
but according to the market scopes the priority goes to the MECHANICAL and CHEMICAL branches........ because their is no further scopes in the field related to computer for few upcoming future years ..........
ALL THE BEST!!!!
16th February 2011, 02:06 PM
Biome

Dear friend,
you will choose your branch with your field of interest.But one thing is true, the scope of electrical and mechanical branch never ends in coming future.

Best of luck
16th February 2011, 10:46 PM
kapil2503

i think that if you want to join public sector then civil, mechanical , EEE, ECE are best.
if want to doing MBA than IT, CSE is best branch.
18th February 2011, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

IS INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL A GOOD BRANCH .AND WHAT ARE THE JOB OPPURTUNITIES IN THIS BRANCH
20th February 2011, 05:51 PM
tripurari singh

Thumbs up Re: Which engineering branch is best?

Quote:
sir
1 ece
2 chemical
3 cse
4 it
5 mecinacal
Dear,
engineering has also good scope today, if you select good branch, today mechanical has a large scope, Properly in a government sector.you have also done well in your past career, so I think :-
1.Mechnical
2. ECE
3.CSE
4.IT
5.Chemical
21st February 2011, 07:58 PM
veenatiwari

Haii. Im student of CS final year..........
First of all there are also other branches which are good for engg...
EIE: Electronics Instrumentation engg.
EEE: Electronics nd electrical
choosing field through others guidance is not a very gud idea....
According to me u shud select the one in which u r interestd.......
All the engg branches u hav mentioned above are also gud.......
ALL THE BEST............
22nd February 2011, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

which govt. jobs are there for ece in future please tell me its future options?
23rd February 2011, 01:16 AM
mayank shekhar singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantmeghalia View Post
mechanical is a evergreen trade. there are always chances of getting job in private as well as public sector for mechanical students. chemical and electronics and communication engineering are also providing better jobs but computer science and information technology are having no future.
mechanical branch is the evergreen branch .after doing this you have chance to get government job in Railways and other big company .
thank's
6th March 2011, 03:13 AM
SUNNY PRAKASH

Every branch of engineering have a bright and secure future. So, its depends on your interest in that study and your capability.EVERY BRANCH IN ENGINEERING IS BEST IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.IF U ARE INTERESTED IN COMPUTER & ENCTRONICS COMPONENT THEN U SHOULD GO WITH ECE
BUT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED ONLY WITH COMPUTER THEN GO WITH IT & CSE.

AS ACCRODING TO MY KNOWLEDG E , ECE IS BEST AND IT HAS MORE ASPECTS IN IT,.IT IS SAID THAT MECH BRANCH EVERGRING.

IT AS ALSO MUCH SCOP. AFTER ECE U CAN GO WITH MECH ..
ALL THE BEST.
7th March 2011, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Which campany is best for cs student
9th March 2011, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
sir
1 ece
2 chemical
3 cse
4 it
5 mecinacal
1 ece is the best for future
14th March 2011, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

what is the pay scale of ec engineer?
14th March 2011, 08:12 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Which campany is best for cs student
hello friend...

There are many software companies which are good for CSE students some of the best are as follows...

-> Google

-> Microsoft

-> TCS

-> Wipro

-> CTS

-> Infosys

-> Mahindra Satyam

-> Accenture

-> Nokia Siemens

-> Robert Bosch

-> Tech Mahindra

-> etc..

hope the info. helps...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?