19th November 2010, 08:27 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: One backlog left in third year, final year completed, companies allowing 1 backlog?

Hey friend you need not worry,you can get a job if you try and if your talented.

You can apply for exams in government sectors like steel plants,NTPC,BHEL,HAL.

But you need to complete your backlog within the stipulated 6 months since you need to submit all your certificates if your selected for the particular job.

Even some MNC's are offering job with 1 or two backlogs.So don't worry just work hard.

all the best.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to attend Campus Drive with a backlog for CSE final year student? Eligibility to get job in Aricent, CTS, etc.?
  2. Can I attend campus placement if I have 1 backlog in 4th year B.Tech IT?
  3. Will a backlog in first year affect my chances during placements?
  4. Will I be eligible to apply for campus placements if I have 1 back paper while am in 3rd year?
  5. List of companies in which I can apply for jobs with CGPA of 6.61 and a backlog in first sem?
  6. List of IT companies who allows 1 live backlog for the recruitment of final year computer students?
  7. Should i mention my B.Tech degree as a 5 year program as it got extended for a year due to one Backlog?
  8. List of top companies that accept backlog? I am pursuing B.E electronics and communication engineering
  9. If I get a backlog after getting placed then does it affect my job placement?
  10. Am I eligible for CAT exam after passing CSE final year with backlog in 4th semester
  11. Will I get loan for 3rd and 4th year if have backlog in 2nd year?
  12. Is there any chance of companies finding out the backlogs if I try to hide it during campus placement?
  13. Am I eligible to appear for CDS one if I have a backlog in fourth year of B.Tech? -- [New]
  14. Can I apply for Tech Mahindra, if have one backlog in 2nd year?
  15. What does gap-backlog in graduation mean?
  16. Am I eligible to attend HCL On-Campus Drive after clearing the 1st semester backlog?
  17. What is the eligibility required to study M.Tech in IIT/NIT for a candidate with a backlog in B.Tech?
  18. Can I apply for Indian Navy Technical Entry having completed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with 68.8% and with a date of birth of 05-12-1998 but having backlog history? What is the difference between backlog and backlog history?
19th November 2010, 10:47 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: One backlog left in third year, final year completed, companies allowing 1 backlog?

There are lot of software companies in India and many companies take people with areas also but get into a TOP company you need to qualify your graduation so I suggest you to do job even in small company and get experience and same time clear your back and then try in MNC with experience isn't it is nice idea......
so keep hoping for best and do your best.
19th November 2010, 11:03 AM
lakveldi

Default Re: One backlog left in third year, final year completed, companies allowing 1 backlog?

no problem for 1 backlog try to complete final year with no arrear .wipro,cts,tcs,etc allows peoples with one backlog
19th November 2010, 08:28 PM
er.dellikannan

Default Re: One backlog left in third year, final year completed, companies allowing 1 backlog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crescendo View Post
i have completed my b.tech in june but i have one pending back in third year...it will be cleared in 7 months..am i eligible for placement in companies ..is there ne company which gives this type of relaxation..i hv only this back through out my b.tech...please help ASAP.
companies allow if you have one pending back in third year. but after final year they ar eexpecting you to complete.
17th January 2011, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

hii..

i have three year gap between 12th and B.Tech and also have less than 60% in 12th.but our B.Tech percentile is more than 65. so can i sit in any campus. if u some compnay name for whome i have placed. in college. our performance is good in GDPI and written exam in our college.so i am able to clear. but question is that Is any company will allow me or not??? pls suggest me.
21st January 2011, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

i am studying engineering first year. I have got 64% in 10th and 65% in 2nd pu now i have written civil exam but i think i may not pass in that i think it will be a back log for me. So if i get a back log in first year and when i am in the final year will i get selected for campus interview and will i get a job. Am interst in be computer science but i dont like this civil subjects and all. I will study well in the coming sems because it is all about computer aided will i get a job in the campus interview plz tell me?
27th January 2011, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

sir i am sruthi... currently i am studying my b.tech 2nd year i have 2 backlogs in my 2-1 sem.. i will be coming out out my b.tech in 2013.. will i get job at that time if i complets my 2 backlogs before 2013.. reply me sir......waiting eagerly for u r reply
16th February 2011, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

I am a b.tech student and m in 3rd yr. my performance is really good bt have scored 59% in 12th std. will i be allowed to sit in the campus.. :( m really very tensed. plz rply..
3rd March 2011, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

sir i had 2 backlogs in 3rd sem but completed during the first chance itself.also i have 2 backlogs in 5th sem.i will be completing that very soon before my final year.i am an ECE student.will i get chance to work in reputed companies?
6th March 2011, 05:45 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i had 2 backlogs in 3rd sem but completed during the first chance itself.also i have 2 backlogs in 5th sem.i will be completing that very soon before my final year.i am an ECE student.will i get chance to work in reputed companies?
hello friend...

Some of the big MNC companies like TCS, Wipro etc allow only 2 backlogs for the whole B.Tech degree but there are many companies which allow students without current arrears like Mahindra Satyam, Accenture etc. so just work hard and try to clear all your papers before the final year... am sure you can do it...

All the Best...
13th June 2011, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

what is the maximum grace marks allowed in uptu for one subject ?
Is there any special grace provision for 2007-08 batch students?.
can i get a grace of 10 marks in one subject provided all subject of my entire B.tech program are cleared?.
2nd July 2011, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

if there is any backlog in graduation,can we pursue our higher studies?
6th July 2011, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get the job even after having 2 backlogs in 7th semester in BE graduation?
19th July 2011, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

hello i am a student of MCA from gud college in pune and i have scored 72%(till 4th sem) n before dis i have completed my grad bcs from sinhagad college n scored 70% without any backlog .i gt 72 in 10th bt the problem is i have scored only 52 %in 12th..so is it possible for me to get job in IT industry?will i b able 2 appear for placement activity?
12th August 2011, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

sir i want to know that i have completed my b.tech but since there's one backlog left of first year(second sem).can i am eligible for job in private & govt sectors,plese tell me as soon as possible
16th August 2011, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my b.tech in electrical n electronics branch...i got a back in 2nd sem..due to some reasons i ws nt able to giv d xam in 4th n 6th sem...wen i gave d papr in 8th sem i was nt able to clear it..so i have a pending backlog after my 8th sem...i have secured 66.3% marks as aggregate in b.tech...my question is will i be able to get a job with dis pending backlog? if yess den plzzz mention the name of such companies..n if i go for some course den wat is d most suitable for a ee branch student...thnx
25th August 2011, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
I am from VTU, Belagaum, Karnataka. I have 5 backlogs (2 sub of 5th sem & 3 sub of 6th semester). Am I eligible to attend the college for 7th sem and appear for exams of 5th, 6th & 7th sem together ? Need your quick reply.
Thanks in advance. Regards, [email protected]
25th August 2011, 08:54 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
There are very few companies which allow one backlog, but none of the reputed company allows backlogs, but those company will allow it will ask you to be clear it before joining.
21st September 2011, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
backlog means standing arrears or history of arrears?
22nd September 2011, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

is backlog and arrear are similar terms
27th September 2011, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

I have a backlog in 2nd sem.in electrical subject..I am a student of 4th year from IT branch..will this subject effect my placement since it is not of my field..
28th September 2011, 01:06 AM
coolsam.9

Hi dear,

Definitely !!! but don't worry !!

Students having backlogs in any of the subjects , mainly in conventional one's , are not eligible for submitting placement papers to some very reputed companies including reliance , TATA ,etc ..

most of the Government company vacancies does possess such criteria's .

Even low percentage in 12th grade does matters alot in placements and backlog in academics is too much .

But above all this , the college name from which you are pursuing the course and your skills matters too much .

My brother done B.Tech from NSIT,DELHI and have backlogs in all his subjects due to illness in one sem but he cleared all and placed in a company in gurgaon with pay packet of 5.4 lac starting .

So if you are very skilled and very attractive in interview ( through knowledge ) , than no need to worry as these all things comes after your skills .

All laws and rules may be omitted for highly qualified students in both govt. and private sector .

Reply back with more details regarding your college and academic performance to be more guided .

Thanks
7th October 2011, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

siri am studying 4-1 semister current now i am aving 59.9%with one backlog the company which is arriving our collegeasks 60% with no erriors am i eligible to
23rd October 2011, 12:26 PM
krish024

I have a back in 1st Sem.. is it mean No current back log..Syntel Criteria is No current backlog. will i appeared in syntel placement drive....plz tell me...
30th October 2011, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

i am currently in my 3rd year of engineering.I have had many backlogs in my previous semesters , am i even not eligible for those companies which are known as mass recruiters and visit the campuses of reputed colleges...?
1st November 2011, 12:08 AM
blizard

Dear friend,
If you have one pending backlog in 3rd year,
Then clear it first then try for jobs...

Otherwise you will not get good companies..

After that you will be able to sit these companies :

CORE :
1.ALSTOM
2.VEDANTA
3.L&T
4.SYNTEL
5.TATA STEEL Etc

SOFTWARE :
1.TCS
2.WIPRO
3.IBM
4.ACCENTURE
5.HCL Etc
6th November 2011, 02:14 AM
Unregistered

how i know my backlog details in vtu university
7th November 2011, 07:30 PM
dravid999

hi dear,
Yes a backlog will surely hinder your way to placement.

Top companies alway set there criteria such that candidates with backlogs are not allowed for Interview.

If someone has any backlog in its +2 then it doesn't create much problem as compared to what in B.Tech

Also you are refrain from appearing for Government Jobs basically in Defence sector and NAvratna's and PSU's.

But scoring exceptionally well in finals may relax your burden.

thanks
7th December 2011, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

now i m in 3rd year B.E and abhi meri 1st year (computer programming utilization ) ki backlog he or computer programming utilization syllbus change ho gayo he to muje mee 2009 syllbus ka padh na chahi ye ya abi ka 2011....??????????? because 2009 ke syllbus me c programing or c programming he or abhi 2011 me keval c program hi he..........to plz tell me....fast........
7th December 2011, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

now i m in 3rd year..and meri abhi 1st year ki computer programming utilization (cpu) subject me backlog he per problem he ki 2009 ke syllbus me C progmmning or C programming he or 2011 ke syllbus me keval C program he to muje mere time ka 2009 ka syllabus padhna chahi ye ke abhi 2011 ka??????plz tell me fast....
29th January 2012, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

if i am failed in one sem and cleared it in next sem and if i have got distinction in all sem then what will be my class of degree ..........at last plz reply
30th January 2012, 05:36 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend as you have mentioned that you have one pending backlog then you will not be able to apply for any campus drive or any higher studies..

Because companies will not allow you , if you have pending backlog..

So, first clear your pending backlog , then go for the job..

Unless you have not clear your pending backlog you will not be eligible for the jobs..

All the best.
31st January 2012, 01:32 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hello dear
Yes a backlog will surely hinder your way to placement.

Top companies alway set there criteria such that candidates with backlogs are not allowed for Interview.

If someone has any backlog in its +2 then it doesn't create much problem as compared to what in B.Tech

Also you are refrain from appearing for Government Jobs basically in Defence sector and NAvratna's and PSU's.

But scoring exceptionally well in finals may relax your burden.

Best of Luck
thank you
13th February 2012, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

I had a back in 3rd sem & I cleared it . will this thing affect my placement?
12th June 2012, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

sir, in my unversity ,we have credit system, like someone secure atleast 200 out 214 credits ,will get degree.. thats means he\she can leave 3 subjects.......

my queation is if I produce all my marksheet as well as my provisional degree will it be prblm for infosys.... most of the indian univ have criteria that ,they wont give degree if u have back.. in my case.. we have to secure credits to get degree.. so ll it be prblm???
13th July 2012, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

hi sir/madum pls tel me hw we get job if we have a 1 subject back....actualy m completed diploma in computer science but i hv 1 backloss ..... can we get any job pleas help me actualy help lyk us.....pls pls pls pls my mail is ([email protected])
13th July 2012, 09:09 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hi dear,
See backlogs happen with candidates. Also many companies grant two backlogs at maximum in their industrial recruitment. TCS or Tata Consultancy Services falls under this genre. Now the problem here is that most companies among then do not consider pending backlogs. That means either you need to clear the backlogs before you even attempt for these companies, or you attempt for the companies, clear the tests and interviews and GD and other rounds to get selected first. Then by the time you get the joining date and the actual appointment letter you have your pending backlogs cleared by then. This is true for any and every Muli-National company that is in the market today.

Now in your case you still have seven months before your backlog could be cleared. Here if you sit for the recruitment procedure of any company, how can you guarantee or assure them that you will have your backlog cleared by 7 months and not more than that. This will be the first question that they will ask. At the time of joining you must produce your complete academical certificate.So my suggestion to you will be to either sit for a job interview after 2-3 months or sit for some company that will give you the joining date in and around 7-8 months.
22nd July 2012, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

i had a backlog in final semester of my btech from iit what arre the hurdles i have to face
2nd August 2012, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have got a backlog in final year of engg in pune university can i get grace marks as i have only one backlog of this sem in which i have got 25 marks and all other subjects are cleared?will my campus placements get affected?
7th August 2012, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

I have 4 backlogs in both first and second semester, can i change my branch, is it possible according to vtu?? or is there any restricitons? Pls reply imm.
13th December 2012, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

can a instrumentation engineeing B.TECH student with backlog after 8 sem can get a job
2nd February 2013, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

Hi i am really sorry to ask this with the employees i AM A VTU candidate and also i completed my diploma in cse with 65% and i joined engg their i was too weakk
in maths and some of health reason i got year back and i rejoined after one year from 5th my result was better and now i have a over all percentage of 62.4%
and i am working in call centre right now so is their any possibilities that i get the job in software proffession in some good companies or they are gonna start
any lyrics in the interview.please could u ans me i am also planning to do higher studies in correspondence.i really got full of negetive feelings in mind that
because i am a year back student...
18th February 2013, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

i had scored 59% in 3rd sem. but the avg of 3rd &4th one is 67 then company will allow for campus interviews???!
25th March 2013, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

have completed my BA in june but i have one pending back in @3rd Sem...it will be cleared in 7 months..am i eligible for placement in companies ..is there ne company which gives this type of relaxation..i hv only this back through out my b.tech...please help ASAP
12th November 2013, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

sir ,I am a final year(7sem) student. I have a single back in second sem right now. I send my revel form but if it will not cleared. my back exam result is decleared in oct after completing (4 months) 8 sem. I lost my confidence.

so please suggested to me that what I do ?
17th November 2013, 11:23 AM
rojatangella

Thumbs up Re: One backlog left in third year, final year completed, companies allowing 1 backlog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crescendo View Post
i have completed my b.tech in june but i have one pending back in third year...it will be cleared in 7 months..am i eligible for placement in companies ..is there ne company which gives this type of relaxation..i hv only this back through out my b.tech...please help ASAP.
Definitely !!! but don't worry !!

Students having backlogs in any of the subjects , mainly in conventional one's , are not eligible for submitting placement papers to some very reputed companies including reliance , TATA ,etc ..

most of the Government company vacancies does possess such criteria's .

Even low percentage in 12th grade does matters alot in placements and backlog in academics is too much .

But above all this , the college name from which you are pursuing the course and your skills matters too much .

My brother done B.Tech from NSIT,DELHI and have backlogs in all his subjects due to illness in one sem but he cleared all and placed in a company in gurgaon with pay packet of 5.4 lac starting .

So if you are very skilled and very attractive in interview ( through knowledge ) , than no need to worry as these all things comes after your skills .

All laws and rules may be omitted for highly qualified students in both govt. and private sector .

Reply back with more details regarding your college and academic performance to be more guided .
25th March 2014, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

i am the b.e degree 2013 passed out with bending backlogs.but i will complete it in the next academic year. in between am i eligible for applying engg jobs in govt sector.
28th April 2014, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

what is the carrier of a engineer if he/she has taken a semester break during engineering?? does company hires them
26th May 2014, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

I am a second sem student and got back in one subject but qualify that subject in final year,then would it create any problem during placement.
26th May 2014, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

I am a second sem student and gat back in one subject but suppose I qualified that one in the end of final year would it create problem during placement in final year in good companies
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?