23rd December 2010, 11:53 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances of getting a Government Job after passing btech ece with 70% and no backlogs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir in btech i got53% can i eligible for jto exam plz reply me sir
well friend,
JTO (Junior Telecom Officers) recruitment has a exam....for different field.
BSNL JTO Telecom,
BSNL JTO Civil,
BSNL JTO Electrical,

Eligibility for Entrance Examination:
Nationality: Only Indian citizens would be eligible to apply.

You must have Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology or equal Engineering degree in any of the following fields from an accredited engineering college/university:
Telecommunication,
Electronics,
Radio,
Computer,
Electrical,
Information Technology,

you are a final year student so you can apply for this

apart from this,
you are having 53% percentage so you can apply because they din't specify about minimum aggregate...
but i must tell you joining in any government jobs you at least need 60% of aggregate ..

its upto you.. make your own decision.

Related Questions:
  1. Can i study MS in US after clearing my backlogs? Will the cleared backlogs affect admission chances?
  2. What are the various jobs which we can get being a back bencher and having 9 backlogs in B.Tech?
  3. How to get a government and central government job after passing B.Tech ECE?
  4. Do I have any chance to get a government job after passing B.Tech final year CSE with 70%?
  5. Am I eligible to get job in Cognizant, Infosys and Capgemini if having 5 backlogs in B.Tech(ECE)?
  6. Government jobs available for B.Tech ECE candidate? Chances to secure a job in Railway?
  7. Will the 2 years of backlog affect my chances for getting a good job?
  8. Am I eligible to get government jobs after completing ECE by clearing 7 backlogs? -- [New]
  9. How can I get into government jobs after completion of B.Tech (ECE)?
  10. Is there any chance for me to get job in private companies via campus placement if I have 4 backlogs?
  11. Job opportunities for me after scoring 52% in B.Tech ECE upto 3-2 with backlogs?
  12. What should I do after completion of my B.Tech with 3 backlogs?
  13. Am I eligible to get the government job if I have scored 6 GPA in Electronics from NIT?
  14. Will I get a government sector job after scoring 60% in B.Tech?
  15. Is there any difficulty to study MS in US through GRE and TOEFL if had 4 backlogs in B.Tech?
  16. Should I go for a job or higher studies after having few backlogs in 6th semester? Will the backlogs affect me for higher studies?
  17. Which is a better choice for me between Masters degree and Job pursuing final year of ECE in BE having an aggregate of 80% with no backlogs?
  18. Am I eligible to get a job after passing B.Tech ECE?
23rd December 2010, 11:56 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances of getting a Government Job after passing btech ece with 70% and no backlogs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi sir...now i am in final year ece.i have 73% AGGRegate with no backlogs.....i want do job in govt sector...pls tell me a bout govt jobs
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshmiganapathi View Post
i am doing my btech final year from ece and i have overall % 70 with no back logs.do i have chances of getting govt job as soon as i finish my btech and pls tell what step i have to proceed with after my studies.
well both the friends,

for applying any type of government jobs in INDIA i must tell you that they need a minimum of 65% aggregate in b.tech.

the list of government jobs..are

Bengal Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Limited (BPCL) (External website that opens in a new window)
Bharat Coking Coal Limited (BCCL) (External website that opens in a new window)
Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) (External website that opens in a new window)
Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) (External website that opens in a new window)
Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) (External website that opens in a new window)
Bharat Refractories Limited (BRL) (External website that opens in a new window)
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) (External website that opens in a new window)
Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Limited (BHAVINI) (External website that opens in a new window)
Biecco Lawrie Limited (External website that opens in a new window)
Bramhaputra Valley Fertilizer Corporation Limited (BVFCL) (External website that opens in a new window)
Broadcasting Engineering Corporation of India Limited (BECIL)

Cement Corporation of India Limited (CCI) (External website that opens in a new window)
Central Coalfields Limited (CCL) (External website that opens in a new window)
Central Cottage Industries Corporation of India Limited (External website that opens in a new window)
Central Mine Planning and Design Institute Limited (CMPDI) (External website that opens in a new window)
Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC) (External website that opens in a new window)
Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS) (External website that opens in a new window)
Coal India Limited (CIL) (External website that opens in a new window)
Cochin Shipyard Limited (External website that opens in a new window)
Container Corporation of India Limited (CONCOR) (External website that opens in a new window)
Cotton Corporation of India Limited (CCI)

these are nothing much but much more there.

click on this link.
http://india.gov.in/citizen/PSU.php
24th December 2010, 02:04 AM
bbirthday1

IES may be a good option if you want to join public sector

and certainly you have got a good CGPA,don't worry

with regards
24th December 2010, 12:58 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Chances of getting a Government Job after passing btech ece with 70% and no backlogs?

Quote:
i am doing my btech final year from ece and i have overall % 70 with no back logs.do i have chances of getting govt job as soon as i finish my btech and pls tell what step i have to proceed with after my studies.
yes boss you are eligible no doubt in that

because AIRPORT AUTHORITY OF INDIA needs ECE people with minimum of 65% aggregate..

but your's is too good ..

good luck...
for you future exams..
24th December 2010, 06:12 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend ......
of course you can get job in the government sector or any of the psu's......
the requirement is 60% marks minimum.....
so you can apply in the
bharat electronics , isro , and many more ........
21st January 2011, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

how to study the bdl entrance exam?wat are the sylabuss?
14th February 2011, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

sir i am b.tech 3rd year ece student and i have secured 73% marks fröm kurukshetra university, plz tel me good coaching institutes for psu
1st March 2011, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

how much % is needed for after b.tech(ECE)?
26th April 2011, 11:47 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

hii, after scoring very high percentile you can go to, write many exams like BEL,BHEL,NTPC,ISRO DRDO,IES surely after doing all interviews surely you will get , best of luck.
1st May 2011, 04:25 PM
sharivikram

Hai,
You may write BSNL JTO exams, ISRO exams, IES exams, Bank exams,...
All the Best.
2nd May 2011, 01:08 PM
manishks

Quote:
hello friend
you are eligible no doubt in that

because AIRPORT AUTHORITY OF INDIA needs ECE people with minimum of 65% aggregate..

but your's is too good ..

for applying any type of government jobs in INDIA i must tell you that they need a minimum of 65% aggregate in b.tech.

the list of government jobs..are

Bengal Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Limited (BPCL) (External website that opens in a new window)
Bharat Coking Coal Limited (BCCL) (External website that opens in a new window)
Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) (External website that opens in a new window)
Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) (External website that opens in a new window)
Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) (External website that opens in a new window)
Bharat Refractories Limited (BRL) (External website that opens in a new window)
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) (External website that opens in a new window)
Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Limited (BHAVINI) (External website that opens in a new window)
Biecco Lawrie Limited (External website that opens in a new window)
Bramhaputra Valley Fertilizer Corporation Limited (BVFCL) (External website that opens in a new window)
Broadcasting Engineering Corporation of India Limited (BECIL)

Cement Corporation of India Limited (CCI) (External website that opens in a new window)
Central Coalfields Limited (CCL) (External website that opens in a new window)
Central Cottage Industries Corporation of India Limited (External website that opens in a new window)
Central Mine Planning and Design Institute Limited (CMPDI) (External website that opens in a new window)
Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC) (External website that opens in a new window)
Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS) (External website that opens in a new window)
Coal India Limited (CIL) (External website that opens in a new window)
Cochin Shipyard Limited (External website that opens in a new window)
Container Corporation of India Limited (CONCOR) (External website that opens in a new window)
Cotton Corporation of India Limited (CCI)
thank you
best of luck
2nd May 2011, 01:56 PM
kapil vij

u hav to work a lot for getting into a government job.....
start preparing for PSU's EXAM......
After dat u hav a chance to be selected in companies such as....SJVNL,DMRC, BPCL, MTNL, BEL, BHEL, DRDO, ONGC, NTPC...etc..

to hav d information abt various exams follow dis link......
http://r4k35h.blogspot.com/
hope dis infromation is usefull fr u......fr further queries feel free to ask.....
wish u a luck..!!!!!
23rd May 2011, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

any student who is having knowledge about their degree is not enough to get a job ur behaviour ,attitutde, thinking and the most important is having through knowledge about tha current affairs and the most important thing is after getting a job we have to dedicated to the work
25th May 2011, 02:24 PM
coolnabeel

hii, as you have scored good marks in your B.E there is a good chances of getting in BEL,ISRO,DRDO as they ask for the 60%, prepare well for exam and interview you will have ab edge over others.
3rd June 2011, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Hello,
I am a B.Tceh (E.C.E) student.
I am in last year now.
I am a girl(category=general).
I have till now 74% with no backlogs.
Can anyone suggest me with suitable ways towards government services...
3rd July 2011, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

am came to final year,y branch was ece,plz tell me about govt jobs which are related to my branch
10th July 2011, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

my 1 problem that i have two years extra gap between tenth and twelve. so which kind of problem will i face.
15th August 2011, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

their is any effect of marriage on a b.tech. ece fresher?
16th September 2011, 05:34 PM
hrushi614

hi friend,
First of all i am congrats you because you have good academic record and you have lot of chance to get a government jobs easily.
you can apply goverment jobs like
1)BSNL JTO
2)BHEL
3)APGENCO
4)APTRANSCO
5)ECIL
6)SAIL
7)GATE
These notifications will be held in freshersworld.com, so you can apply above and get government jobs
ALL THE BEST
23rd September 2011, 06:53 PM
hrushi614

hi friend,

There are government jobs.Those are BHEL,BDL,DRDO.If u write exams those are conducted by these companies if u pass then u will be called for interview if u are selected then u can get a government job.
Now a days for E.C.E students these are good jobs because these are paying good amount of salaries.

all the best
9th October 2011, 01:03 AM
gaurav2talk
Senior Member+

As you are in final year and if you want govt jobs then you should write GATE-2012 as till now three companies 1) BHEL(GATE 2013) 2) INDIAN OIL 3) NTPC is recruiting engineer trainee through gate score only. SO prepare for gate exam properly.

other than gate you can try for jobs in Main PSU'S company like BSNL,BEL,SAIL,EIL.ISRO,DRDO,MTNL,ONGC,ECIL,INDIAN DEFENCE SERVICE

Elgiblity criteria vary from company to company so better to have minimum 65% in b.tech. degree

As far as the UPSC exams are concerned, you may write the following:
1)Civil Service Exam
2)Engineering Service Exam
3)Combined Defense Service Exam

After graduate, you will be eligible for the post of probationary officer in public sector banks also. To be an probationary officer in most of the public sector banks, you must have scored a minimum of 55% in the bachelors degree examination.

To know more about psu companies BHEL,NTPC, INDIAN OIL who is recruiting through GATE-2012, CLICK HERE.

ALL THE BEST!!!
15th October 2011, 05:11 PM
vikas2808

Aspirant

>>As you have completed your graduation degree with good marks .

>>so you will have the great chance of getting the government job.

for the governments jobs you have to give the various exams like-

IES,GATE,SSC,CDS,IAS etc.

GENERAL CRITERIA FOR THESE EXAMS_

1-EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION-you should be a graduate in engineering.

2-AGE CRITERIA-your age must be between 21 years to 28 years.

>>for latest details about these exams you will visit the website

a-www.upsc.gov.in
b-www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/

ALL THE BEST
15th October 2011, 11:07 PM
imcool.force

Hi dear,

There are several job profiles for ECE engineers in Govt sector and as well as in private sector.

To get good Govt jobs you have to appear for IES exam or Indian Engineering Services exam which is conducted by the UPSC every year.

Your percentile of B.Tech is also good. You can definitely apply for IES.

There is also Telecommunication services like BSNL, MTNL etc.you can join.

The BSNL recruits fresh electronics graduates each year for the post of junior telecom officer through the test of BSNL,JTO exam.

So prepare for these exams and get selected for a good job!

Thanks
15th October 2011, 11:51 PM
dolly91
Senior Member+

hi,
here are several job profiles for ECE engineers in Govt sector and as well as in private sector.

To get good Govt jobs you have to appear for IES exam or Indian Engineering Services exam which is conducted by the UPSC every year.

The BSNL recruits fresh electronics graduates each year for the post of junior telecom officer through the test of BSNL,JTO exam.

Best of luck..
thanks
27th February 2012, 02:16 AM
edward1989

yes you have better chance ......just you have to see the website such as nausena ,indian ordanace factory,bel.bhel.beml also you can search npcil .for navy job there is ad given on time of india
27th February 2012, 07:56 PM
michael_scofield

Hi friend ,

You are not eligible for Bank exams without being a Graduate , because bank exams requires graduation as minimum requirement for being eligible for exam .

Eligibility criteria for Bank Exam
You must have completed graduation from recognized university or equivalent.
You must have secured at least 60% marks in graduation.
You must have computer knowledge .

Age criteria
Age between 21 years to 30 years.
Exam Pattern
Reasoning
English
Quantitative
General awareness
Computer Knowledge

Good Luck...!!

30th September 2011
28th February 2012, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

im final year ece with 72% but i have back logs in my previous years now i cleared all of them should i will get govt jobs plz tell me
16th April 2012, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

Hi,I completed my B.Tech in ECE with 77% and a history of 4 backlogs,Am i eligible for ISRO EXAM?
16th April 2012, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

Hi,I completed my B.Tech in ECE with 77% and history of 4 backlogs,Am I eligible for ISRO Exam?
3rd May 2012, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

how to know when the government exams related to ECE will be held??

Can U pls help me out
3rd May 2012, 10:53 PM
indu_sarabhai

Hieeee

RRB stands for Railway Recruitment Board

RRB will recruit in different categories like Loco pilot, Section Engineer, Signal Engineer, Goods Apprentices, Railway Police, TC, etc....

Notification and eligibility for is different for any exam

Bulk requirement notification will be out on last week of March, from onwards continuous notifications will be released by RRB for different categories

Generally exams will be conducted On month of JUNE, JULY

For SC,ST no fee required to apply.

Aptitude and general English are common for many exams. 10+2 mathematics is sufficient

All the best
9th May 2012, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

hi i m a btech student.i want to know that is there any oppurtunity for btech student to get job in teaching line ?if yes,then what we have to do for this.plz reply
10th May 2012, 02:27 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
You have completed your graduation [B.Tech] with 70% marks.
So you can try in some govt jobs.
Here some govt jobs for you.
You can go for these

LIST OF GOVT JOBS :

1.IES

2.SAIL

3.BHEL

4.BEL

5.GAIL

6.ECIL

7.NTPC

8.ONGC

9.DRDO

10.IOCL

11.INDIAN RAILWAY

12.BANKING JOBS
4th June 2012, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

hi..... i am doing b.tech ece. i want what is the syllabus for the govt jobs like A.E,ISE,JTO......
6th June 2012, 08:58 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

Hello,

There are several job profiles for ECE engineers in Govt sector and as well as in private sector.

Best of luck..
thank you
20th June 2012, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

hii..
my self kiran kumar recently i completed my 2nd yr ..i want to join sum course regarding ECE but i dnt hv any idea i was totally confused ,pls suggest me ...
14th July 2012, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

RE: i am studying B.E final year in ECE ,i have scored 79%.what kind of job would i can apply???????????
31st July 2012, 09:38 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

Best of luck..
23rd September 2012, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

HELLO EVERY ONE
i am a ece prefinal yr student.inorder to get jobs in core companies plz list the courses in detail to do and what are the requirments a core expect from a student like me?
12th December 2012, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=lakshmiganapathi;150137]i am doing my btech final year from ece and i have overall % 70 with no back logs.do i have chances of getting govt job as soon as i finish my btech and pls tell me
6th January 2013, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i have 58%age ece is there any chance to get jobs in public sector plss rply me
30th March 2013, 06:16 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
yes you can apply for it but ones who have done pg or have qualified GATE or IES i.e indian engineering exam are given more preference..

So you can check it out accordingly..
17th May 2013, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

wat are the govt exam going to be held after the month of july related to ece
25th June 2013, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

i am 3rd yr ece student,..i have 9.3 CGPA ....can i get govt jobs while 3rd yr itself? can i write the exam now itself...?when can i write the govt exams ?
11th July 2013, 08:25 PM
vikky4

If yo are interested in government job after finishing you must write some of entrance exams like GATE,ONGC,BANk exams,GROUPS,some of national level entrance exams like UPPSC,CDS,etc.,,,
24th July 2013, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

I completed my btech in etc (electronics n tele comm) and i want to join in any communicatn media. Is their any chance to get job?
26th July 2013, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

how can i get job in mobile companies after finishing ece?
10th August 2013, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

respected sir,i m a student of btech ece 4th year wid 74% till 3rd year..for what exams i am eligible for giving and is there any scope for walk-in-interviews on the basis of my percentage of marks in government sector ??
19th August 2013, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

I Have a final year 68.8% but how i get job in ntpc
19th August 2013, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

how i get job in ntpc i have 70%
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?